BBL Match 58 Melbourne Stars v Hobart Hurricanes @ the MCG Weds 19 Jan 1920 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Melbourne from, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Seb Gotch, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell (c), Tom O’Connell, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa, Joe Burns, Sam Rainbird, Joe Clarke, Qais Ahmad, Sam Elliot, Beau Webster, Haris Rauf, Andre Russell, Ahmad Daniyal
Hobart from, Scott Boland, Tim David. Nathan Ellis, Peter Handscomb, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Wil Parker, D’Arcy Short, Matthew Wade (c), Mac Wright, Sandeep Lamichhane, Caleb Jewell, Joel Paris, Harry Brook, Josh Kann, Tom Rogers, Jordan Thompson.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
The more I see that Evans catch from the right angle....reckon it’s the best.
Symonds said to judge those catches , you may have to watch all a few times.

Reflecting back on Abbotts catch was made more difficult because he had to catch that from the shadows.

Im starting to lean towards Abbotts more and more

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
interesting scenario, if Perth win the Qualifer, what crowd would we get for a final at the Marvel?

reckon lucky to get 10k. But could see a few of the Sydneysiders coming down to Melbourne to watch the game. (assuming Thunder or Sixers make it)

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hurricanes just batting out the overs which makes sense. Still might make 170-175 which is a solid effort in normal circumstances. Trying to get some of their batters into form.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hurricanes v Strikers should be a great game, a pity there will only be a few thousand people there at the MCG.
Does South Australia have border restrictions or something? Thought this was a game set for Adelaide Oval. Reckon you get a crowd of 20,000-22,000 or thereabouts for a Final there surely.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Does South Australia have border restrictions or something? Thought this was a game set for Adelaide Oval. Reckon you get a crowd of 20,000-22,000 or thereabouts for a Final there surely.

No, Cricket Australia want to limit the chances of players getting covid which I think is fair enough.

Would be a good time for the Strikers to get their first ever win at the MCG

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
It amazes me how much the captains have to explain to the bowlers what to bowl because they're not smart enough from a cricket perspective to work it out. I remember it was the same with Finch on the mic last year and now Maxwell has had to tell Elliott what balls will work to David.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No, Cricket Australia want to limit the chances of players getting covid which I think is fair enough.

Would be a good time for the Strikers to get their first ever win at the MCG
Fair enough . Adelaide I think can be felt a bit hard done by, given Sydney sides are likely to get home games in NSW.

Strikers are a better side at Adelaide Oval than they are at the MCG as well.

Fair enough . Adelaide I think can be felt a bit hard done by, given Sydney sides are likely to get home games in NSW.

Thunder is likely to be at the MCG

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United

I think the Sixers final/preliminary will be played in Sydney but all games this weekend are in Melbourne which includes the Thunders 3rd vs 4th/5th.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I think the Sixers final/preliminary will be played in Sydney but all games this weekend are in Melbourne which includes the Thunders 3rd vs 4th/5th.
Think I might have to book a ticket to come down and watch the games in Melbourne.

Damn Melbourne lucky to get all these sporting events.

Back