BBL BBL Match 59, Playoff 2, Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat at Manuka Oval 1915 AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone else feel a wide delivery that a batsman makes contact with should still be adjudicated as a wide?

A no-ball is still a no-ball no matter what, why not wides?
The penalty is for bowling a ball the batsman can't reach so it would be impossible for an up to adjudicate a ball the batsman hit as invalid by that criteria.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
If you were wicket keeping and the spinner looped up a full toss that was destined for six, could you dive in front of the batter and intercept it? Will cost you a no ball and possibly you might wear a cricket bat but every run counts. Like throwing yourself on a live grenade to save your platoon

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
If you were wicket keeping and the spinner looped up a full toss that was destined for six, could you dive in front of the batter and intercept it? Will cost you a no ball and possibly you might wear a cricket bat but every run counts. Like throwing yourself on a live grenade to save your platoon
a concussion instead of a 6... yeah; nah...

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
I never understand Pontings idea that you shouldn't take risks once you've had a big over. I'd be thinking you clearly have a good match up with the bowler and therefore keep going rather than try and go again the next over.

He has made about 20,000 more runs at international level than me though so maybe he thinks about batting a bit better than I do.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton

Wouldn’t risk personal safety for this cornflakes competition

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Look at that pitch map from on heazlett he has basically been invited into a pie factory with an all you can eat card after labs got out. Maybe played 1-2 good shots the rest have been rank full tosses.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I did see Dan Worrall sprint down the pitch to catch a ball that slipped out of his hand while the batsman was running at it to smack it I think on debut. Shocked he ended up being a decent bowler as I thought he was the worst bowler I'd ever seen after that game.

Back