BBL Match 59 The Knockout Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne from, Nic Maddinson (c), Matt Critchley (OS replacement), Zak Evans, Fawad Ahmed (replacement), Aaron Finch, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Martin Guptill (OS), Peter Handscomb, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Akeal Hosein (OS), Ruwantha Kellapotha (OS replacement), Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Jack Prestwidge, Mujeeb ur Rahman (OS), Kane Richardson, Corey Rocchiccioli, Tom Rogers, Andre Russell (OS), Will Sutherland, Jon Wells.
Brisbane from, Usman Khawaja (c), Xavier Bartlett, James Bazley, Sam Billings (OS), Josh Brown (replacement), Max Bryant, Sam Hain (OS replacement), Sam Heazlett, Spencer Johnson, Matt Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan McSweeney (replacement), Colin Munro (OS), Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Ross Whiteley (OS), Jack Wildermuth.

Brisbane by plenty. I’ll be tgeee tonight. I hope we bat first as if we can put scoreboard pressure on there’s more chance if dismissing their dangerous ones early. Trouble us even if we get the international trio out we still have to deal with Hain, Pierson, Neser and the rest.

If Gades bat first I reckon we make 152 or so and it gets chased down in about 18 overs with only four wickets down.

If Heat bat first they could make 180 plus. Our bowling stocks are pretty rough - no Richo really hurts. Means we will probably have to bowl Sutherland out. Moody will probably come in so hopefully he’s worked on his Yorkers. If not don’t attempt them. The full tosses against Perth completely ****ed us. Critchley and Rogers will have to do the grunt work I guess.

Finch in great form so I guess he’s due for a poor score. Hopefully he doesn’t come in until the 12th or 13th over coz we get a good platform. Expecting precisely * all from the unreliable Guptill and Marsh - who the hell knows.

The Renegades only minuscule hope is to chase, Finch is a class above chasing totals and missing their best bowler they can’t defend anything.
You forgot one other disadvantage The poor melb renegades will also have to deal with , that being a few ex scorchers players in their ranks who will no doubt be doing everything in their power to sabotage their teams chances just so they don’t have to go up against their former teammates and buddies over at optus!

The Renegades only minuscule hope is to chase, Finch is a class above chasing totals and missing their best bowler they can’t defend anything.
Disagree. We can defend - we’ve been defending totals this year without Richo and we can do it again.

Like I said the key is scoreboard pressure. Anything from 160-180 I’m confident we can defend.

Guptill owes us big time so he better fire tonight!

You forgot one other disadvantage The poor melb renegades will also have to deal with , that being a few ex scorchers players in their ranks who will no doubt be doing everything in their power to sabotage their teams chances just so they don’t have to go up against their former teammates and buddies over at optus!

Philippe definitely proved me wrong there last night…😂😂

Oh dooooont. I still have bad memories of Brad Hogg signing autographs and dropping skiers much to the crowds delight at the waca five or six years ago.

Disagree. We can defend - we’ve been defending totals this year without Richo and we can do it again.

Like I said the key is scoreboard pressure. Anything from 160-180 I’m confident we can defend.

Guptill owes us big time so he better fire tonight!

Yet Finchy agrees with me, not a good toss to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stupid part is they win this but next final they play the same side that was anchored to bottom spot…
CA make s**t up as they go

Melbourne Renegades (Playing XI): Martin Guptill, Shaun Marsh, Sam Harper(w), Aaron Finch(c), Matthew Critchley, Jonathan Wells, Will Sutherland, Tom Rogers, Corey Rocchiccioli, David Moody, Fawad Ahmed

Brisbane Heat (Playing XI): Usman Khawaja(c), Josh Brown, Marnus Labuschagne, Matt Renshaw, Sam Hain, Jimmy Peirson(w), James Bazley, Michael Neser, Xavier Bartlett, Spencer Johnson, Matthew Kuhnemann

Brisbane Heat have won the toss and have opted to field

Yet Finchy agrees with me, not a good toss to lose.
finchy just doesn’t see it the way I do lol.
The stupid part is they win this but next final they play the same side that was anchored to bottom spot…
That’s ridiculous. It makes no sense. But that’s the second rate tournament we have here.

Really dumb from a ratings perspective to not make today and yesterday's games start at 16:00 AEDT.
Ratings yesterday were still pretty solid (held up better than nearly all games in the past fortnight), especially for a match that felt one-sided throughout most of its duration.

But today, h2h with the men's AO final... 3 v 5 in the BBL would not only get the same (or better) ratings in the late arvo, it'd be better for attending too.

Hain and Peirson are pretty good though, they have been more reliable than their test stars and have bailed them out a few times.
Yeah exactly which is why I want them in early. Make no mistake this entire side is stacked with batting. Even their bowlers are good at hitting.

Reckon Renegades win tonight if the touring players weren't playing.

Expect them to get beat and Sydney then play a depleted Brisbane next game.

Back