BBL Match 59 The Knockout Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FFS this s*t is painful. Stop leaving huge gaps all over the ****** place allowing easy ones and twos! Sydney did this the other night too.

You have 0 chance to win when they need less than a run a ball if you let them just push it around the field with no risk.

God it's so awful to watch.
St Kilda in winter. Renegades in summer. This is why October and November are my favourite months of the year.

Thankfully I couldn't give two shits about any of these hit n giggle franchises so just the 6 months of suffering for me.
I have barely cared about te Gades too the last few years. I just expect us to lose every week. It would not disappoint if the entire tournament was canned.

Here’s hoping we both have a better winter this year (though I’m not confident)

another rubbish season by the Gades. Big big calls need to be made bi want saker sacked tomorrow.
First thing that should happen is that both Renegades and Stars go back to being independently run - their own Boards & CEO's/Presidents, because the 2019 restructure which has seen both teams now fall under Cricket Victoria hasn't worked, and has hurt both teams more than it's helped them

The Renegades & Stars play off in the BBL08 final, in the 4 seasons since, three two Melbourne teams have combined for the 4 wooden spoons

The current operational aspects aren't working and a restructure is needed - after that you do a full review of the team, from the coach to the rookies and then start building for the future

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Bloody hard to take the BBL seriously when players can’t play when it matters. The ACB need to out the tournament where it is not interrupted. The Scorchers are playing an A grade cricket side and still beating most teams. Crowds have been better this year but it really is a Mickey Mouse tournament if the franchises can’t play their best team in the finals.
I agree with you about having your best players available.
Even this year some of the touring players are available and some aren't.

Having said that, I'd hardly call Bancroft, Hardie, Inglis, Turner, Dorf, Morris, Tye and Payne grade cricketers TBH.

Other than Marsh, Green, Richo (maybe) Kelly (maybe and Agar.

Yeah, none.

You can’t count Marsh and Richardson they’d be there if they weren’t as usual injured. Every side has some injuries

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
I have barely cared about te Gades too the last few years. I just expect us to lose every week. It would not disappoint if the entire tournament was canned.

Here’s hoping we both have a better winter this year (though I’m not confident)
Ross+Lyon+AFL+Rd+14+Geelong+v+Fremantle+O0qZJV42Tccl.jpg

Marsh and Richo played in last year's GF.

But according to your logic, only missing Agar, Green and Morris:rolleyes:

That’s less than the Sixers missing Smith though. Scorchers will walk this in then we can get back to red ball cricket

First thing that should happen is that both Renegades and Stars go back to being independently run - their own Boards & CEO's/Presidents, because the 2019 restructure which has seen both teams now fall under Cricket Victoria hasn't worked, and has hurt both teams more than it's helped them

The Renegades & Stars play off in the BBL08 final, in the 4 seasons since, three two Melbourne teams have combined for the 4 wooden spoons

The current operational aspects aren't working and a restructure is needed - after that you do a full review of the team, from the coach to the rookies and then start building for the future
Well thought out post. I completely agree. Going back to being independent. Otherwise they might as well merge. Which makes sense considering stars are loaded with talent and we just have the scraps plus Richo. (An aging finch and marsh does not count)

The XI will presumably be something along the lines of: Brown, Bryant, McSweeney, Heazlett, Hain, Peirson, Bazley, Neser, Bartlett, Johnson, Kuhnemann.

Terrible batting line-up, but they will bat deep. Best chance is restricting the Sixers to less than 150.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The XI will presumably be something along the lines of: Brown, Bryant, McSweeney, Heazlett, Hain, Peirson, Bazley, Neser, Bartlett, Johnson, Kuhnemann.

Terrible batting line-up, but they will bat deep. Best chance is restricting the Sixers to less than 150.
They made 224 against the sixers earlier in the season with a similar batting lineup, this might be slightly better considering Hain is there now instead of Whitely

Can't understand the hate for the Gades?

Surely after the last 3 years, this year gets a massive tick.
Honestly it’s paper over cracks. The one pass I’ll give us is injury killed us this year. No maddo for virtually the entire tournament (although finch is a far better captain imo) and no Richo for most of the back end made things difficult for us. But disappointing to bow out like this. Decision making cost us at crucial times. It’s really just a case of sand old same old.

They made 224 against the sixers earlier in the season with a similar batting lineup, this might be slightly better considering Hain is there now instead of Whitely
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier in the thread. That team had Munro and Billings, but they didn't do much in the game. Billings contributed 28.

Hain and Peirson have had some big partnerships between the two of them as well.

McSweeney played for Glenelg today so maybe not with the Heat anymore, I'd say if they want him they can sign him as a replacement for one of the guys leaving.
Yeah, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back.

He's almost a like-for-like replacement for Marnus in terms of how they structure their innings.

Back