BBL BBL Match 60, now with colourful thread prefix. Playoff 4, Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat at Manuka Oval 1915 AEDT

Who will win?

• Scorchers

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Heat

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the idiots who still whinge when I correctly say that he sexually harrassed Mel.

It was a complete overreaction and he was more or less chased out of the country. I'm glad he returned one more time to take The Age to the cleaners in court.

It was a complete overreaction and he was more or less chased out of the country. I'm glad he returned one more time to take The Age to the cleaners in court.
It was the literal definition of sexual harrassment. Stick to statistics dude.

same amount of cricketers, not as much depth
O’Connor, Wells, Moody, Short, David, SMarsh, Cartwright, Morris, Hinchliffe, Stoinis, NCN, Phillipe with the likes of Whiteman/Paris etc who haven’t gotten a game would be a reasonable side with some bowling imports.
For context my comment was because on Fox Howie was literally saying Gayle the Universe Boss would win the match for the Heat easily if he flew on down from the T10 tournament. Definitely agree the guy is stupid! Thought it was funny it was Howie specifically since as I recall he was the guy who did the media stuff when Gayle was kicked out.
from memory didnt Howie have a good giggle as it was happening before giving a solemn apology an over or two later?

Will Morne ever qualify as a domestic playa ?

He picked up Roz in Oz didn't he

roz-kelly-482942.jpg

It was the literal definition of sexual harrassment. Stick to statistics dude.

Pffft. It isn't serious sport and Gayle was in a mood to suit. We've forgotten how to laugh in Australia.

Anyway it was done to death at the time.

Pffft. It isn't serious sport and Gayle was in a mood to suit. We've forgotten how to laugh in Australia.

Anyway it was done to death at the time.
Quit while you're behind. He made inappropriate sexual advances towards her whilst she was working. That's it. That's the ball game.

Yes miss.
And yet, you still choose to go again stupidly. I quite enjoy it when the inevitable Gayle discussion comes up every year, a new idiot enters the discussion every time.

Pages 9 through 11 of this thread are pretty funny. Lots of people sooking that Marsh didn't go from ball 1 and that Bancroft hung around.

People must surely realise by now that it is extremely difficult to just come in and go 100% attacking straight away. So Marsh was well within his rights to take 6-12 balls to knock it around.

And also, 2 new batsmen in is never good for the batting team. Bancroft held his wicket until Marsh was in and then went back to some more shots.

The tactical ineptness of T20 fans on this board is hilarious. It's like half the posters think we are watching T10 or the final 2 overs at every stage of the match. Perth well on track to post 210ish, I don't think anyone would say they judged the game poorly. If however they had Marsh and Inglis/Turner new to the crease at the same time, or Marsh then the next guy then the next guy all went hard to start and got out, they wouldn't have got close to 210.

they have so much more depth in NSW cricket
But you've said in the past that players don't get picked for Australia because they're not from NSW. You said it about Josh Inglis this week. In the T20 v India you told us we shouldn't pick second rate NSW bowlers.

So which is it? Does NSW cricket have great depth or are they only rated because they're from NSW?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

same amount of cricketers, not as much depth
You know that there is no requirement to sign players from the city they are representing right? Look how many west Australians are playing for other teams in the competition.

2 teams in Sydney and Melbourne has zero to do with the ability to field a competitive team, and everything to do with the numbers of supporters they can have.

You know that there is no requirement to sign players from the city they are representing right? Look how many west Australians are playing for other teams in the competition.

2 teams in Sydney and Melbourne has zero to do with the ability to field a competitive team, and everything to do with the numbers of supporters they can have.
Look at the start how few WA players flew the coop, even then WA has a strong domestic squad based on players from WA it's the thing that sets them apart

But you've said in the past that players don't get picked for Australia because they're not from NSW. You said it about Josh Inglis this week. In the T20 v India you told us we shouldn't pick second rate NSW bowlers.

So which is it? Does NSW cricket have great depth or are they only rated because they're from NSW?
There is a difference between Sams and Inglis

The have depth purely from population size like comparing India to Australia

Hasn't seemed to have hurt the Sixers that much.
They have a lot of Aussie players in their team Starc/Lyon/Smith/Abbott/Henriques soon to be Phillipe, O'Keefe if he gave two *s about his carer,

Look at the start how few WA players flew the coop, even then WA has a strong domestic squad based on players from WA it's the thing that sets them apart
There’s nearly as many WA players in the Stars squad as there are Victorian. The depth in Victorian cricket is well below where it should be for the size you are population wise, that’s the problem. When CA named two extended squads for SA and NZ I counted only five Victorian players! That’s pathetic!

Dont really follow the BBL in depth so can someone fill me in on the Lynn / Cutting feud? What is that all about?

You only have to go back 2 seasons and you have a final between both Melbourne teams.

Also, prior to this season, Perth missed finals 2 years in a row, finishing bottom one of those seasons.

You are making something out of nothing.

You only have to go back 2 seasons and you have a final between both Melbourne teams.

Also, prior to this season, Perth missed finals 2 years in a row, finishing bottom one of those seasons.

You are making something out of nothing.
Mainly due to Injuries for the first time in a while Doff/Marsh/Richardson were all available plus most of their foreigners have been available for the season

There’s nearly as many WA players in the Stars squad as there are Victorian. The depth in Victorian cricket is well below where it should be for the size you are population wise, that’s the problem. When CA named two extended squads for SA and NZ I counted only five Victorian players! That’s pathetic!
That's what I am getting at, our depth is ****ed

We no longer have the depth we had, mainly due to loosing players to AFL

That's what I am getting at, our depth is f’ed

We no longer have the depth we had, mainly due to loosing players to AFL
It’s concerning. Victoria should be churning out many more Australian representatives than they are. Only a handful chosen for two squads and one of them is a West Aussie! You have a look at the Victorian side left behind and it’s hardly threatening. The only dominant player not touring is Nic Maddison - and he’s not even Victorian! You hear the claims of NSW bias coming out of Victoria but that’s clearly false. You just don’t have the depth you should and that needs to be looked at pretty quick. It’s deeper than just losing kids to afl, all states are footy heartland in one code or another

It’s concerning. Victoria should be churning out many more Australian representatives than they are. Only a handful chosen for two squads and one of them is a West Aussie! You have a look at the Victorian side left behind and it’s hardly threatening. The only dominant player not touring is Nic Maddison - and he’s not even Victorian! You hear the claims of NSW bias coming out of Victoria but that’s clearly false. You just don’t have the depth you should and that needs to be looked at pretty quick. It’s deeper than just losing kids to afl, all states are footy heartland in one code or another
I mean look at our best players of the last 10 years Tremain, Maddinson, Stonis, Wade all out of state even Hastings i am sure was NSW

And we are trying to poach Prestwidge and Hatcher next

Dont really follow the BBL in depth so can someone fill me in on the Lynn / Cutting feud? What is that all about?
Cutting and a five other players (Renshaw) left the Heat before this season started. Don't know about beef with Lynn specifically but had an axe to grind with the club management. One of his gripes is he wanted to open the batting so Lynn may have been part of squashing that? Do think Cutting did great as opener last season:

Sydney Thunder star Ben Cutting has fired up ahead of his first clash against his former club, revealing the "hurt" and "disappointment" that ensued after he was pushed out of the Brisbane Heat.

After eight seasons with the Heat, Cutting joined the Thunder this season despite having a year left to run on his contract in Queensland.

The 33-year-old joined five other local players in leaving the Heat, with the all-rounder blaming the mass exodus on management figures.
Cutting wished to open the batting at the Heat but was not given the chance to do so. He claims he was initially promised the role within the club.

"Walking into my meeting at the end of the season and being told a few things that probably I didn't think were true - and it turned out they probably haven't been - it was disappointing," he said.

Back