BBL Match 60 The Challenger Sydney Sixers v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney from, Moises Henriques (c), Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Dan Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Daniel Hughes, Chris Jordan (OS), Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy, Izharulhaq Naveed (OS), Stephen O’Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Josh Philippe, Jordan Silk, Steve Smith, James Vince (OS).
Brisbane from, Usman Khawaja (c), Xavier Bartlett, James Bazley, Sam Billings (OS), Josh Brown (replacement), Max Bryant, Sam Hain (OS replacement), Sam Heazlett, Spencer Johnson, Matt Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan McSweeney (replacement), Colin Munro (OS), Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matt Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Ross Whiteley (OS), Jack Wildermuth.

Really surprised this one wasn't scheduled for tonight.

Would've given the winner an extra day needed to prepare and travel to WA.

How it wasn’t scheduled Monday or Tuesday at the latest. The final series is a drag and a half

Heat's schedule has been:
Jan 24: Travel day
Jan 25: H&A match
Jan 26: Travel day
Jan 27: Final
Jan 28: Travel day
Jan 29: Final
Jan 30: Travel day/awards night
Jan 31: Rest
Feb 1: Travel day
Feb 2: Final

The Feb 1 travel day wasn't used in this case due to the Feb 2 final being in Sydney (i.e. the same location as the awards), but they don't have a crystal ball.

The Feb 1 travel day wasn't used in this case due to the Feb 2 final being in Sydney (i.e. the same location as the awards), but they don't have a crystal ball.
Don't think you really need to factor in a travel day to go to Sydney.
Reckon both sides would rather play today and get the extra time to go to Perth TBH.

Don't think you really need to factor in a travel day to go to Sydney.
Reckon both sides would rather play today and get the extra time to go to Perth TBH.
You don't think, but the Australian Cricketers' Association does.

If CA had their way, players would travel and play on the same day. No rest days either.

Sixers vs the Heat or MAFS. Sixers will probably win and MAFS will be a bit dull as they'll still be going through the weddings which drag on. Bit of a dilemma nonetheless.

Sixers vs the Heat or MAFS. Sixers will probably win and MAFS will be a bit dull as they'll still be going through the weddings which drag on. Bit of a dilemma nonetheless.

You can watch both lol

Has Usman Khawaja flown to India,or do we still have the Visa problem.Would be good if he could front up for the Heat.Like Steve Smith he's been fantastic in the BBL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Heat (Playing XI): Sam Heazlett, Josh Brown, Nathan McSweeney, Sam Hain, Jimmy Peirson(w/c), Max Bryant, Michael Neser, James Bazley, Xavier Bartlett, Spencer Johnson, Matthew Kuhnemann

Sydney Sixers (Playing XI): Josh Philippe(w), Kurtis Patterson, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques(c), Jordan Silk, Hayden Kerr, Daniel Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Sean Abbott, Steve OKeefe, Izharulhaq Naveed

Sydney Sixers have won the toss and have opted to bat

They finished 5th. Their own fault they had travel days. Away games and more games is part of being in the finals as a 5th placed team in an 8 game comp.

The Sixers are favourites but I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat cause an upset, they still have a decent line up even with all their test players gone.

looks like a small crowd in Sydney for not surprisingly

Looks like a smaller crowd than their regular season games.

The Sixers are favourites but I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat cause an upset, they still have a decent line up even with all their test players gone.

Looks like a smaller crowd than their regular season games.
School holidays are over, so I can understand why the crowd hasn't fully rocked up tongiht.

Back