• Poll closed .

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
The Sixers picked the wrong time to put in a poor performance. They're a much better side than the Heat despite tonight's result.

Anyway, Perth have another championship locked away now.
Dunno I reckon the Heat are probably a better matchup at Optus. We smoked the Sixers earlier in the year and I’d have been confident of doing it again. Sixers are the better side but the Heat could do anything

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've never been fond of the idea that 5 of 8 teams can make the finals and I hope CA don't feel a sense of vindication if the Heat pull off a miracle and pinch the title on Saturday.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He is da man. Game had no atmosphere tho.
The season has dragged out. It peaks 3-4 weeks ago, the final games of the season lack interest and it loses all momentum heading into longer breaks between games in finals.

Cut the season by 2-3 games each team and keep playing every second night at worst even in finals to keep the momentum going.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Surely we're all cheering on the absolute hilarious outcome of this Heat team winning the BBL?

It has got the stench of their BBL02 success around the place. If they were to win then the Heat having 2 BBL titles is somewhat amusing. Off the top of my head they've only ever played 2 home finals.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Dunno I reckon the Heat are probably a better matchup at Optus. We smoked the Sixers earlier in the year and I’d have been confident of doing it again. Sixers are the better side but the Heat could do anything
Sixers are always in the game though, they almost salvaged it even tonight. The Heat can lose anything, they almost bottled it tonight save for one player, Neser.

IMO it'll be a comfortable Scorchers win, comfortable as in, they'll always be in a safe, controlled position. The Heat are just as likely to collapse and give us nothing.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It has got the stench of their BBL02 success around the place. If they were to win then the Heat having 2 BBL titles is somewhat amusing. Off the top of my head they've only ever played 2 home finals.

The Sixers beat the Heat in a semi final at the Gabba in 2017 in a super over and in 2020-21, the Heat won the eliminator at the Gabba against the Strikers. This is only te 4th season the Heat have made the finals and now they're in their 2nd final.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Sydney rain has aided the Heat this season. They probably would have lost at North Sydney Oval if not for the rain and then they got home against the Thunder last Friday due to the rain and DLS. Rain won't be a factor in Perth though.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Sydney rain has aided the Heat this season. They probably would have lost at North Sydney Oval if not for the rain and then they got home against the Thunder last Friday due to the rain and DLS. Rain won't be a factor in Perth though.
They were certainly a chance against Sydney at North Sydney Oval .. they needed nearly 12 an over from the start.

And they scored a record against the Thunder .. doubt they would have chased that.

If anything, the rain delay greatly assisted the Thunder in a chase they had no right to be in

Lynnsanity

All Australian
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
E426E6E9-EC95-4123-BFFB-15275FC6411F.jpeg

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Brisbane Heat, yes, Brisbane Heat are in the BBL Final. Sure, they'll probably get thumped on Saturday but you've gotta be in it to win it. Congrats to Dan Christian on a great Twenty20 career. Take a bow Michael Neser. Top class with the willow just as it looked like his team were going to throw it away.
The class of the international standard player ( Neser) got the win for the Heat.
I wonder if they will play him higher up the order against Perth?

Back