BBL Match 61 The Final Perth Scorchers v Brisbane Heat 1900hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game.
What a tournament.
What a side.

For all the enjoyment I’ve experienced over the last couple of months, I’d really like to thank the Scorchers players and coaching staff.
Channel 7 and Foxtel and all the commentars.
The Optus Stadium event staff and employees.
Cricket Australia.
The catering and vendor staff at the ground.
The restaurant, bar and fast food employees in the surrounding areas of the ground.
TransPerth.
KFC, Toyota and Chemiist Wharehouse,

But most importantly the WA public for making this brilliant tournament and format such fun for the entire family, and friends of the family.

Go the mighty Scorchers.

Give credit to Brisbane for their season.

They have something really solid to build on for next season. Bartlett is one for the future. Josh Brown and McSweeney will get solid game time. And Kunehmann is one of the decent spinners in the short form of the game in Australia.

What a game.
What a tournament.
What a side.

For all the enjoyment I’ve experienced over the last couple of months, I’d really like to thank the Scorchers players and coaching staff.
Channel 7 and Foxtel and all the commentars.
The Optus Stadium event staff and employees.
Cricket Australia.
The catering and vendor staff at the ground.
The restaurant, bar and fast food employees in the surrounding areas of the ground.
TransPerth.
KFC, Toyota and Chemiist Wharehouse,

But most importantly the WA public for making this brilliant tournament and format such fun for the entire family, and friends of the family.

Go the mighty Scorchers.
Thanks for the crappy branding

If you look at the two close games the Heat won against the Canes and the Stars, Spencer Johnson had around 15 to play with for the last over. Neser had 10 to play with and that always looked a bit light.

Gotta admire how much it means to the Scorchers to win the BBL. You'd be forgiven for thinking they won a World Cup or something. Somebody should tell them they only won the BBL.
I’d be going mental if we won a regular season game like that, let alone the final

Lol at people having a go at Scorchers fans for actually turning up to watch the team play

It's a good thing we hosted the final otherwise 10000 people would have turned up.

Have a think about that before you try to nerf us CA
I haven’t read much of this thread but why would people bag you?
I reckon WA people are the only passionate fans of the BBL, no other side is creating that atmosphere consistently.
Also when I talk to someone from WA about BBL, it catches me off guard the passion and how into it they are. It’s like talking to a fan of an AFL club.
BBL needs more fans like those from Perth. It might have a bit to do with your success but the support is far more than anywhere else.
Well done again Scorches, the fans deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on the scorchers but I’m giving no credit to Langer. They’ve always had a solid team and the fact they barely shuffle their lineup year to year is testament to that.
Have a look at all the West Aussies currently starting in other states. We’ve lost plenty over the years, we just keep finding replacements. The guys that won the game tonight were a 19 year old and an accountant, and our player of the season aside from Turner was a 24 year old allrounder who was batting at 7 last season.

I think it's great. I wish other fans and teams cared more.

80k to Melbourne derbies would be ******* amazing atmospheres. But it's just not as invested here which is disappointing.

There was one year it drew 80k randomly. What happened before and since I have no idea.
I think the timeslot was good, Jan 1st or 2nd at 6pm I think but it hasn’t come close any other time.

Falling over the line against a team whose 4 best players are over in India.

It’s a Mickey Mouse comp plain and simple. Would have rathered be on the winning side but in the end it’s as meaningful as a pre season comp considering you can have players come and leave mid tournament
Mitch Marsh, Agar, Green and Richardson would definitely be in our best 11. You lost to a 19 year old and an accountant when the game was in the bag

Also when I talk to someone from WA about BBL, it catches me off guard the passion and how into it they are. It’s like talking to a fan of an AFL club.
BBL needs more fans like those from Perth. It might have a bit to do with your success but the support is far more than anywhere else.
Well done again Scorches, the fans deserve it.
Winning helps brings in the crowds as well.

Pretty sure Adelaide got close to a full house , the year they won it in front of their home crowd.

And we know fickle fans can be when the team goes through downs. The Scorchers happen to be a side that wins more often than not.

If you look at the two close games the Heat won against the Canes and the Stars, Spencer Johnson had around 15 to play with for the last over. Neser had 10 to play with and that always looked a bit light.

Gotta admire how much it means to the Scorchers to win the BBL. You'd be forgiven for thinking they won a World Cup or something. Somebody should tell them they only won the BBL.

So you are if the view that celebrations should be done at the level you play. That’s hilarious.

I think it's great. I wish other fans and teams cared more.

80k to Melbourne derbies would be ******* amazing atmospheres. But it's just not as invested here which is disappointing.

Fans don’t invest in losers, if the two Melbourne teams won more often than they lost the crowds will turn up.
If the scorchers were bottom two their crowds will drop to 10-15k
It’s just the modern day way of things. Love you when your winning, but if you are losing then we will stay home.

Winning helps brings in the crowds as well.

Pretty sure Adelaide got close to a full house , the year they won it in front of their home crowd.

And we know fickle fans can be when the team goes through downs. The Scorchers happen to be a side that wins more often than not.
I reckon we were still pulling decent crowds in the year we won the spoon and WC and Freo always average a good 40k plus even in down years.

Probably comes with there not being a whole lot else to do over here and a more chilled out lifestyle that we all just become passionate about sport and it becomes engrained in the culture.

I reckon we were still pulling decent crowds in the year we won the spoon and WC and Freo always average a good 40k plus even in down years.

Probably comes with there not being a whole lot else to do over here and a more chilled out lifestyle that we all just become passionate about sport and it becomes engrained in the culture.
100%

I lived in Sydney for 8 years , being from WA, but I liked to attend neutral games there at SCG and out at the Showgrounds. Western Australians lifestyle and climate is perfect for cricket being an outdoor sport and all.

It is very much a culture thing. Found in Sydney, people were a lot more time savvy with things they wanted to do.

Back