BBL [BBL] SC 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually just realised this is wrong with the new fixture released SELFCONFESDAFLNERD
Yeah, ive updated part of my spreadsheet for the new fixture but was unsure if the January fixture is fixed yet? Also, given emergencies this season, a lot of loopholes will be available so im currently trying to make a spreadsheet with the order of play of each game in each round. I've been compiling the data but i havent found a pretty way to display it currently.

This BBL season should be a s**t show. Thank f*** for the E this time. You can draw a line through Aus Test players (team not announced yet). Will they select a larger squad than normal due to Covid and bubbles. Eng selected 3 standby players (Banton) to join the hub. I'm thinking C Green, W Pucovski, Pattinson could make the team.

Don't know much about Aus A side to play. Loads of Star players could be in this side.

Will be very trying to keep up with it all. Im however up for the challenge.

Last edited:
Looks like Scorchers players are the best to use as non-playing loopholes given they play in the last game of the round 4 out of the first 5 rounds and 2nd last game of the other round. As such, im probably going to invest in 1 or even 2 Scorchers that likely won't be playing. Hurricanes play first in 3 out of 5 rounds and sixers play first twice and 2nd 3 times so those 2 teams will not be useful as loopholes. The other 5 teams are somewhere in the middle. For round 1 ill be using heaps of loopholes given it is a rolling lockout and strikers have the bye, meaning it will be easy to loop players that are on the fringe of my side.

EDIT: For round 1 im thinking ill loop Philippe and Lynn with Strikers/Scorchers players given they are very much feast or famine types. If i choose Cutting or any other Thunder player i will probably use loophole on them too

My first effort.

Roy can easily be downgraded if Philippe does poorly and i decide to upgrade Nielsen to a decent keeper, most likely Billings or Banton. If Lynn does poorly i might trade Weatherald to someone decent as well. Hardie is my designated loophole player for the first 5 rounds given Scorchers play late in each of the first 5 rounds.
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.35.28 am.png

A few thoughts.

Why not just use Stikers as your loop hole for rd1? Rd 2 & 3 Strikers DWG.

Keep in mind this
Screenshot_20201108-124950_Cricbuzz.jpg
Roy and Curran in both ODI & T20 squads.
Livingstone & Gregory ODI only. Will quarantine affect players?

Im just PATIENTLY waiting to see what's happening with Cameron Green and the test team squad.

Weatherald is on personal leave. Hope his back for big bash but who knows. Absolute pleasure to watch him bat.

Last edited:
A few thoughts.

Why not just use Stikers as your loop hole for rd1? Rd 2 & 3 Strikers DWG.

Keep in mind this
View attachment 1006244
Roy and Curran in both ODI & T20 squads.
Livingstone & Gregory ODI only. Will quarantine affect players?

Im just PATIENTLY waiting to see what's happening with Cameron Green and the test team squad.

Weatherald is on personal leave. Hope his back for big bash but who knows. Absolute pleasure to watch him bat.
Looks like a few of my picks are a bit suspect then! I am primarily using Strikers for loophole but i think choosing a scorcher guaranteed not to play to swing between bat/bowl could be useful in the medium-term (rounds 2, 4 & 5 especially). I wasn't really set on Roy anyway to be honest. Hopefully Weatherald is back, i also really enjoy watching him bat. Thanks for the feedback

I know its still early. Like me, you'll probably change your team every second day as we get more signings and info.

Bairstow won't be playing BBL till late Dec. He is named in ODI & T20 for England. 3rd ODI is played on9th Dec.

5 of your players named in Aust white ball squad.

3rd ODI played on 2/12. T20s on 4/12, 6/12 & 8/12.
Aust A play 6/12 & 11/12

Your team needs fixing, just like mine.

Handscomb less than 10K more than McDermott but should open and keep for the Canes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God knows who will start.
At least it's a rollling lockout.

Currently have 3 strikers on pitch and 3 hobart as E.
If they mess up i can put somebody else in place of a striker
then i can trade in them next time for doublers if need be.
Got 4 stars but they are ropey picks at the moment but have 116k in bank to upgrade.

Playing RDT IPL this year i got sucked in to this DGW load up sometimes at the cost
of dumping more decent players.
I was top 10 for a while but finished 30 odd.
It's not a guarantee that 2 scores will be better than 1.

Haven't had a look at fixtures and just flicking through here it seems there's a heap up in the air.
Any really egregious / stupid picks amongst this lot / blokes who can be ruled out because they'll be off on ODI duties or whatever?
Hope the lockdown relaxation is going alright, reckon ours will be ramping up soon over here. Screenshot_20201111-222537.jpeg Screenshot_20201111-222545.jpeg

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't had a look at fixtures and just flicking through here it seems there's a heap up in the air.
Any really egregious / stupid picks amongst this lot / blokes who can be ruled out because they'll be off on ODI duties or whatever?
Hope the lockdown relaxation is going alright, reckon ours will be ramping up soon over here.View attachment 1009246View attachment 1009247

On moto g(7) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wade, Henriques, Richardson, Zampa and Bairstow out for first few games.

THE PHANTOM’S POWER RANKINGS
Here are my top-five players in each position, taking into account form, price and the KFC SuperCoach BBL fixture. I’ll be digging deeper and updating the rankings every week.

BATSMEN
1. Will Pucovski $42,000 (Stars)
If he’s not picked in the first Test, you just have to him on recent form and his basement-price tag.

2. Aaron Finch $184,800 (Renegades)
Expensive, but given the fixture change, he’s likely to be available all tournament – and with no bye. So he’ll be near the top for total points.

3. Colin Ingram $125,000 (Hurricanes)
The big-hitting South African will fly in as cover for Dawid Malan, but he’s likely to be more than that for KFC SuperCoach BBL teams, given the Canes’ Round 2 double.

4. Max Bryant $67,800 (Heat)
A powerful opening-batsman at that price is just too hard to ignore.

5. Beau Webster $143,500 (Renegades)
The 11th-highest overall KFC SuperCoach scorer in BBL10 is on fire in the Shield.

6th man: Alex Hales (Thunder)/Ashton Turner (Scorchers)

Smoky: Oliver Davies (Thunder)

You left him out!?: Dawid Malan (Hurricanes) won’t be here until Christmas! And if new signing Nicholas Pooran arrives in time for the Stars’ Round 1 double, he’ll be in, too.

BOWLERS
1. Adam Zampa $184,100 (Stars)
With the limited-over series against India done-and-dusted, he’ll be available. In a double. Yes, please.

2. Sean Abbott $219,700 (Sixers)
Third-highest wicket taker in the Shield who scored a ton – yes, with the bat - the other day. Oh, and he was the second-highest averaging scorer in BBL09. Place in the Test squad puts his long-term position here in doubt.

3. Riley Meredith $184,600 (Hurricanes)
He’s struggled in the Shield so far this season but he took 13 wickets in six BBL matches last summer. And the Canes have a double in Round 2.

4. Nathan Coulter-Nile $138,600 (Stars)
After a slow start, the former Aussie quick played a crucial role in the IPL final, taking 2-29 – with 10 dot balls – for the Mumbai Indians. High on the watchlist with the opening-round double.

5. Adam Milne $125,000 (Thunder)
The right-arm quick, who has been clocked at 153km/h, took 25 wickets in 21 T20s for New Zealand at an average of 21.64 after making his international debut at 18.

6th man: Nathan Ellis (Hurricanes)

Smoky: Noor Ahmad (Renegades)

You left him out!?: Rashid Khan (Strikers). He’d be No. 1 here if it wasn’t for the Round 1 bye.

ALL-ROUNDERS
1. Cam Green $62,500 (Scorchers)
The next big thing in Australian who, like Pucovski, just has to be in your KFC SuperCoach BBL team if he’s not playing in the first Test.

2. Marcus Stoinis $185,700 (Stars)
Blasted 65 of 46 balls batting in the middle-order for Dehli, before taking 3/26 three days later, in the latter stages of the IPL. But you shouldn’t need any more reason to pick him in a double-game round – even at the price.

3. Glenn Maxwell $185,000 (Stars)
Maxwell or Stoinis or can you afford to pick both? Those who do could get a big early jump, given the kindness of Australia’s international calender.

4. Will Jacks TBC (Hurriances)
The 21-year-old Englishman was named player of the Vitality Blast after a brilliant all-round display for Surrey and clubbed a century of just 25 balls in a practice match in Dubai last year.

5. Darcy Short $245,200 (Hurricanes)
The top-price tag is the only thing keeping the T20 star down this low. But starting without Short may mean going without him for the Round 2 double, given your team balance. Do you really want to do that?

6th man: Daniel Sams (Thunder)

Smoky: Jack Wildermuth (Heat)

You left him out!?: Tom Curran (Sixers). Like many of his fellow Englishman, Curran will miss the first part of tournament because of the limited-overs tour of South Africa.

KEEPERS
1. Peter Handscomb $97,600 (Hurricanes)
His position in the batting-order for his new side might hurt his ranking come Round 1 but he’s worth less than $100k, has a T20 century to his name and will feature twice in Round 2.

2. Josh Phillipe $150,800 (Sixers)
Teammate Steve O’Keefe says there will be no second-year blues for the young gun, who was the third-highest run-scorer in BBL09.

3. Josh Inglis $161,900 (Scorchers)
Averaged 57 KFC SuperCoach points in an impressive BBL09, and looks set to open-up again for the Scorchers. And, like Philippe, that’s the key.

4. Sam Harper $119,300 (Renegades)
Another hard-hitting young gun, who bats at the top of the order. Does his price make him better value than the two above? We’ll see.

5. Sam Whiteman $81,000 (Scorchers)
With three Shield centuries already this season, and with Jason Roy and Liam Livingstone not available until Christmas time, Whiteman’s stocks are rising.

6th man: Ben McDermott $89,700 (Hurricanes)

Smoky: Cam Bancroft $84,200 (Scorchers)

You left him out!?: Matthew Wade (Hurricanes). Is one game before his test duties enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back