BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit silly to have a ten round season, lose only one game only for 4th to knock you out because a bloke they got back after internationals cut sick imo.
That really is the nature of T20...you're one freak innings away from losing to anyone. You just have to roll with it. The only thing I'd be annoyed by is a 10 round season, which means you're only doubling up against three teams. That brings even more inequality into it.

They should rejuvenate the BBL for season 2024/25 (BBL14).
  • Contracts void after season 23/24 (BBL13).
  • All domestic players go into a draft.
  • Four overseas players.
  • CA contracted players in a separate draft pool. 2 per team.
I'd do what the IPL do and let teams retain 4 current players before the draft/auction.

Also the introduction of the international draft has seemed to level the paying field somewhat it feels like all the teams are pretty even this season

Does anybody know if the test players are available for the whole tournament?

Someone on Fox was saying the squad to India will leave before the finals which would be disappointing?

Does anybody know if the test players are available for the whole tournament?

Someone on Fox was saying the squad to India will leave before the finals which would be disappointing?
Depends if it impacts the Sixers or not, the rules are quiet fluid depending on what teams are in finals

The BBL enacts a contracting embargo period each year that formally kicks in with the first ball of the BBL Final. Clubs can make non-binding arrangements with players during the embargo period but cannot formally sign any contracts.

The BBL enacts a contracting embargo period each year that formally kicks in with the first ball of the BBL Final. Clubs can make non-binding arrangements with players during the embargo period but cannot formally sign any contracts.

I wouldn’t sign a single one of those off contract Stars players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is part of the article from a Code which also includes some info about the Hurricanes:

Adam Zampa is poised to sensationally defect from the Melbourne Stars to play with cross-town rivals the Melbourne Renegades.

Zampa, 30, is one of the world’s top white-ball bowlers, the Stars’ all-time leading wicket-taker and captain this summer. He’s in advanced talks about moving to the Renegades in a trade that would send wicketkeeper-batter Sam Harper back to the Stars.

While the Big Bash League is currently under an embargo period, meaning clubs cannot sign players indefinitely, league sources confirmed a move for Zampa is on the cards, with Harper likely to be the man who switches the other way...

...Elsewhere in BBL player movement, league sources are keeping close tabs on the situation at the Hobart Hurricanes. While both Matthew Wade and Ben McDermott are contracted for next season, the Hurricanes are understood to be in a state of flux, with McDermott linked to the Brisbane Heat and Wade also no guarantee to be at the club next season. McDermott also has interest from Queensland about a potential move of states in domestic cricket, where he currently plays for Tasmania.

If the Gades are looking at that move, I'm guessing we've got another keeper in mind because surely we're not going with Handscomb as our #1 keeper and not sure if he's even contracted for next season). It also seems to offer an insight into what we're thinking regarding spin options, and maybe not using as many of the international spots on spinners who won't see out the season

Something is not right st the Stars.
Rumours Zampa is being offered the captaincy at the Gades plus a 5 year big contract

I’m willing to start the Harry Nielsen to the Renegades rumour if no one else is.

There really isn’t that many T20 keeping options in Aus so I’m not sure who they get in, perhaps they just get Wade but Bancroft would be a good move.

Also Nick Hobson would be wise to move elsewhere if the opportunity came up given Perths injuries this year.

Still something not right IMO.

Under performed this year.
Coach talking about attitude problems.

Would be surprised if that's the only move.
Ever since the Mankad incident things to seem to change for him

Ever since the Mankad incident things to seem to change for him

With Rogers contracted for next season, it could be fun to be a fly on the wall at the first training session should the Zampa trade be completed - though with the Renegades reporting on it then it seems all but confirmed

With Rogers contracted for next season, it could be fun to be a fly on the wall at the first training session should the Zampa trade be completed - though with the Renegades reporting on it then it seems all but confirmed

Stars have confirmed it too.

Realistically the chances of Rogers and Zampa not liking each other because of that are rather slim.

Stars have confirmed it too.

Realistically the chances of Rogers and Zampa not liking each other because of that are rather slim.

I know that, but that was a fun night seeing how fired up Rogers was after that incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Back