BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m willing to start the Harry Nielsen to the Renegades rumour if no one else is.

There really isn’t that many T20 keeping options in Aus so I’m not sure who they get in, perhaps they just get Wade but Bancroft would be a good move.

Also Nick Hobson would be wise to move elsewhere if the opportunity came up given Perths injuries this year.
Wade would be the last person I'd go for.

Bancroft would be perfect.
Wouldn't have to offer him much money wise, only a regular game.

I wouldn’t sign a single one of those off contract Stars players.

Stars should clean out all the off contract guys except kellaway.
Zampa going is a loss but harper is a better keeper than clarke so it helps.

Stars need some much better overseas signings.

Don't Cricket Victoria run both the Stars and Renegades out of the same office? Wouldn't surprise me if this was thought up to ignite the RIVALRY!

Don't Cricket Victoria run both the Stars and Renegades out of the same office? Wouldn't surprise me if this was thought up to ignite the RIVALRY!
Yes they do, and they have done since about 6 weeks after the Renegades beat the Stars in the final a few seasons back - I've been hoping that since then they'll realise how much it's not working and go back to two separately run organisations

so we'll have 1 mega crap team instead? :think:
Combined Sixers/Thunders and Stars/Renegades sides
(assuming right now that Australian players are not available, and have not included overseas players)

Sydney
Phillippe
Gilkes
J.Sangha
Henriques
O.Davies
Sams
Kerr
C.Green
Abbott
Dwarshius
T.Sangha

Melbourne
Burns
Finch
Maddinson
Maxwell
Harper
Stoinis
Sutherland
Coulter-Nile
Richardson
Zampa
Rogers

On paper both of those sides would probably be tournament favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is replicating what ECB have done for their international players for The Hundred
Just wondering if all states have the same money would hate to see a poorer state miss out

Just wondering if all states have the same money would hate to see a poorer state miss out
They'll probably pay big money just to keep players like Warner and Smith in the country, but will be happy to let the like of Chris Lynn go to the UAE.
Smith has already announced his intentions to play in the MLC in 2024, showing that he is probably at the stage of his careers where he is trying to find the extra buck.

They'll probably pay big money just to keep players like Warner and Smith in the country, but will be happy to let the like of Chris Lynn go to the UAE.
Smith has already announced his intentions to play in the MLC in 2024, showing that he is probably at the stage of his careers where he is trying to find the extra buck.
Hopefully we use it to get decent players available for all of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back