American Doggie

Debutant
Feb 28, 2019
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves, Blue Jackets NHL
Mostly good players in your team but i have a few negative comments about it, hoping you don't take offence :) It will be a long post so i apologise for that

Firstly, de Villiers joins the comp about midway through so no point starting him, particularly as he is expensive. Look to trade him in once he gets here :thumbsu:

Secondly, a big part of BBL SC is assessing the rounds and determining how many players play 0, 1 or 2 games in each round. You'll notice that the Strikers players have blue dots next to them meaning they will not have a game in the first round of the season. If you look at the right side of the screen you will notice that under where it says 'My Team Tracker' it shows the games for each round. You need to keep on top of this as it will determine which players are valuable in each round. If a player has 2 games in a round they get points for BOTH games (although their price changes on average PER GAME).

Looking at round 1, the Heat, Thunder and Sixers have 2 games so its worthwhile selecting good players from those 3 teams as a priority. Thus, I like your selections of Abbott, Sams & Lynn. Sangha x 2 and Pope could be worthwhile punts too but we won't know that till the teams are set for the round. Planning for the future rounds is also a big part of this game as you want to maximise the amount of players in your team who have a double game round (or 'DGR') each round. That said, you still need to select players that are cheap and thus will increase in value ('cash cows' as they are affectionately known) as well as the best of the best who will score highly each round e.g players like Khan, Short, Stoinis.

So with those comments in mind i would advise that you scrap your team and start again. I do still like most of your picks but in order to be competitive with the best teams in the comp you will simply need to either:

- Start more players with 2 games in round 1
and/or
- Pick a good mixture of players with a view to maximising players with a double game in future rounds

Furthermore, there are certain players that have games almost 'made' for scoring well in BBL that you might want to consider. I'll drop 3 names in Cutting, Christian and Stoinis. Cutting and Christian in particular aren't necessarily great cricketers but their abilities are tailored towards scoring well in BBL SC as they often bowl several overs and although they bat down the order, they hit boundaries and score super quickly so even a cameo performance often yields decent points. In the past they have also moved up the order if their team is struggling to score at a decent pace and they want to up their scoring rate. Stoinis is a great pick as he is just a quality T20 player. He can bowl, bat and field. Unfortunately, he comes at a very high starting price this season but personally i think he is worth selecting as he can really turn it on. In my opinion its probably better to have him and have him score poorly than to risk going without him and missing his huge scores. Thats just my conservative mindset but its also based on the fact that he will most likely be popular among top coaches. Anyway, i digress

So my tips for your team:

Pick:
Khawaja for de Villiers
Laughlin for Meredith
Philippe for Handscomb
Banton for McDermott

That way you have 7 DGR players to start with and all 4 of those players in my opinion are locks. I won't suggest any more changes as its very much your team but i will say that players i like that you've selected are:

Lynn, Finch, Maxwell, Sams, Abbott and maybe J.Sangha, Pope & Green if they are selected. Bancroft is ok too.

Anyway, take anything i say with a grain of salt as im no expert but just voicing my opinion and lending some advise. Best of luck to you
Thanks mate, I'll do a bit of a readjustment with all of that in mind. Still very much learning the ins and outs of how to play (and play well)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Thanks mate, I'll do a bit of a readjustment with all of that in mind. Still very much learning the ins and outs of how to play (and play well)
Most welcome mate, definitely dont take everything i say as gospel but i think if you take anything away from my post it is that it is best to focus on getting 'good 'players from teams that play twice in the upcoming round. Do that and im sure your team will be decent or better :thumbsu:

20 days out and I really should stop changing my team. Ive currently settled on 4 Heat, 3 thunder, 2 sixers and stoinis & short starting. Love my team but bench is probably too weak. I may drop short for curran or cutting for someone e.g Livingstone to strengthen my bench but at the moment I really don't want to.

EDIT: I think there are 4 players I consider must haves for round 1

Khawaja
Philippe
Banton
Laughlin

Opinions on those 4 or whether I've missed someone?

No Usman for me.

Yes to the other 3

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
No Usman for me.

Yes to the other 3
Interesting no Usy for you. He is my VC at the moment. He has torn bowling attacks to shreds in the past in the BBL. He is fairly expensive and his form isnt great but based on his ability at his peak i just cant see myself leaving him out. Whether he ends up my VC or not is another matter

Keep posting and asking, those who can help will

Interesting no Usy for you. He is my VC at the moment. He has torn bowling attacks to shreds in the past in the BBL. He is fairly expensive and his form isnt great but based on his ability at his peak i just cant see myself leaving him out. Whether he ends up my VC or not is another matter

ATM
Sam's vc
Curran C

Was either Lynn or Usy for me, Lynn's current T10 form is simply outrageous

That was quick. I don't think there are any prizes for top leagues but hopefully this league is competitive
You're right, no league prizes

Screenshot_20191127-165413_SuperCoach.jpg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
ATM
Sam's vc
Curran C

Was either Lynn or Usy for me, Lynn's current T10 form is simply outrageous
Fair enough. Lynn has been lighting it up of late. I am picking Khawaja over Sams but i do wish i could find a way to get Sams in. I may end up getting rid of Cutting for Sams but im really undecided at the moment. I don't have Curran either currently, but am considering cutting Short for him. Problem is that if i dont start Short it may be pretty hard to get him in and that could hurt. Lots to consider i guess!

Fair enough. Lynn has been lighting it up of late. I am picking Khawaja over Sams but i do wish i could find a way to get Sams in. I may end up getting rid of Cutting for Sams but im really undecided at the moment. I don't have Curran either currently, but am considering cutting Short for him. Problem is that if i dont start Short it may be pretty hard to get him in and that could hurt. Lots to consider i guess!

Would love Short Rd1, just can't find a way.

Trying to ditch Swepson but he keeps surviving
Screenshot_20191127-171154_SuperCoach.jpg

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Would love Short Rd1, just can't find a way.

Trying to ditch Swepson but he keeps survivingView attachment 785570

Good team. Quite different to mine too actually. Wes Agar or Carey are the only ones i think could be downgraded but i understand why you have both given the fixture. I'd probably take Gilkes ahead of Swepson but its by no means a clear cut choice. Personally, if i could find a way to upgrade Cutting to Curran id be super happy with my squad.

Tempted to go in with this as my bowlers

View attachment 785575

Problem is obviously the 5th position. Im kind of hoping Sangha can get a game first up and score well. Otherwise, i cant see a way to get a decent 5th bowler given i like my batsmen bench of Harris & Jewell
Any cash?

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Having the big 3 really stretches you
It has. Short is the one that may go as i dont see him getting many overs this season with Ahmad and Rose in the team but if he dominates the early round/s with the bat i worry ill struggle to get him in at all which could also be costly.

It has. Short is the one that may go as i dont see him getting many overs this season with Ahmad and Rose in the team but if he dominates the early round/s with the bat i worry ill struggle to get him in at all which could also be costly.

Who of the big 2 has the dble game 1st?

Maybe ditch the other...

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Who of the big 2 has the dble game 1st?

Maybe ditch the other...
Stoinis. Short doesn't have a double game till round 12. If i ditch Short i can get Sams and upgrade Ross to someone better. Yeah, fair to say im in a couple minds.

EDIT: The other option is to go top-heavy/full on guns n rookies and pick 4 42k bowlers and hope that Ellis & Sangha/Green can score enough for a couple rounds with the advantage being hopefully a lot of cash generation.

Stoinis. Short doesn't have a double game till round 12. If i ditch Short i can get Sams and upgrade Ross to someone better. Yeah, fair to say im in a couple minds.

EDIT: The other option is to go top-heavy/full on guns n rookies and pick 4 42k bowlers and hope that Ellis & Sangha/Green can score enough for a couple rounds with the advantage being hopefully a lot of cash generation.

Ellis, Sutherland, green, sangria.

Need a cheap 42k opening bat to appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back