BBL SUPERCOACH 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update is that the Sixers have confirmed that Curran and Vince will be here in time for their first game :) I think we may have to rule Morris out though as the final of the Mzansi league is on the same day as their opener against the Heat. Or maybe we just hope Morris' team loses their semi-final and then he should be here on time. Still, that news has forced my hand and im looking at alternatives to Morris

Reckon I'll keep Morris.

He's a season long keeper imho

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I do find it funny that i've now gone full circle and am back to having Peirson and Heazlett on my bench and am loopholing them both. I thought i was done with both of them but it does make sense to loophole Peirson just incase he goes big. Heazlett shouldnt be in my team really but on the off chance he has a good first game ill keep him. What is also funny to me is that i have now caved and selected Abbott after just about writing him off mainly as a 'reverse' POD (i.e everyone else picks him and i don't). Stoinis has still not left my team! Can the season start already before i screw my team up anymore?...Please?

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
1575356406207.png

Wade won’t play, Carey has a bye.
Useful articles.

Carey is a good selection

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Everyone plays different.

Keep checking the info button where you'll find the rounds fixtures, here you'll see teams playing 2 games and also teams who have the bye. Some coaches will try to get a whole team of double game players.

I'm going with 7-8 DRP for rd 1, but by rd 3 should have 10-11 DRP.

Nabi isn't playing for Gades until 6-8 rds in. Def change him.

I like having players like D.C and N C-Nile as a POD. They both have a dbl game in rd 5. Try not to trade these two untill after that rd.

Why Maddinson?

Will Pope and Cooper even play?

Other than the Nabi change, I would change Harper to a WKP from Heat, Sixers or Thunder.

Only a few adjustments and I feel you have a solid team set up.

Good luck buddy

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I have a few comments on your team. Ill try to avoid repeating the feedback that Lefty has given you. As always, take what i say with a grain of salt, im no expert.

I think you should definitely aim to include more Heat, Sixers and Thunder players in your team as they have the double game in the first round. I think you have selected some quality players who may well be underpriced (Agar, Maddinson, Cooper, Harper, Nabi) but i think selecting all of them may not be a wise move. As Lefty mentioned, Nabi will not play the first 6 or so games so he is a must change anyway.

I'd prefer to see some of those 5 replaced with players who either:

- have the double game first up
- are cheaper and more likely to appreciate in value, thus making you cash that can help facilitate upgrades
- are proven scorers that you intend to keep for the whole season, or at least the majority of the season

We do have lots of trades but i still think the best strategy in this game (aside from smart planning according to the fixture) is to mainly select players that are either guns or cash cows. If the majority of your team is filled with guns and cows then you can indulge in a few mid-priced gambles.

I think that maximising the amount of 'keepers' in your team is very important. It is not nearly as important as AFL SC where you keep most of your team all season but ideally you should be selecting players with the aim of keeping them as long as possible. If you genuinely think Agar, Maddinson, Cooper & Harper are good enough to be up there with the best scorers in their respective positions then by all means select all of them. I think its risky but if it pays off, you'll be laughing.

Moving on, i think the most beneficial changes you could make to your team revolve around your bench. I think your batters and wicket keepers bench is perfect but i have an issue with your bowlers. First of all, Steketee plays twice in round 1 so if you are selecting him make sure you put him on your field. That leaves Pope and Rose on your bench. While both may be underpriced, i would be surprised if they made a lot of cash for you. Instead, there are 2 cheaper options who look likely to play significant roles in their respective teams. They are C.Green and N.Ellis. Both should score at least comparatively to Rose and Pope. I actually think Green will score better than Pope and Rose and i think Ellis will score similar to Pope/Rose. Of course nothing is certain and i could be way off. Anyway, when giving feedback i really dont like saying pick player x over y but in this case ill do it. I recommend trading Pope and Rose -> C.Green and N.Ellis. Then you can use the extra cash as you see fit.

Now, what i like about your team:

Christian, Carey, NCN, Lynn and Curran are in my opinion great selections. Christian and NCN are somewhat unique as well, not because they arent great players but because they dont play a double game round for a while. That said, i really think they are guns who you will aim to hold until their double game round (Round 5) and beyond. Carey is an example of a player who is sort of mid-priced but will almost certainly score like a gun and thus is a great selection. Curran and Lynn are both guns and have the bonus of the double game in round 1. They have been in my team for ages and i certainly will not be removing them barring injury (touch wood). I intend to hold them all season long. Of course that is subject to their performance and lots of strategy with regards to trades as it may well be beneficial to move them on at some point but ill cross that bridge when i come to it.

I like Agar as a selection too. Apart from Carey, he is by far my favourite pick of your players between 100k and 150k. I'd be very surprised if his scoring decreased and i do see a decent amount of upside there.

Finally, i think your team has promise but i think there are 3-4 changes you can make that will dramatically improve your team. I think there are several guns that you could consider given they play 2 games in round 1. They are Khawaja, Abbott, Cutting & Sams. Then cheaper value options include Banton, Philippe, Morris, Laughlin, Vince, Hughes, Henriques & Gilkes. If you want a base priced selection, then Peirson may be worthwhile.

To avoid a potential contradiction i will state that despite believing in trying to limit the amount of mid-priced players (e.g 90-160k) as a matter of strategy, i do acknowledge that it can be very worthwhile selecting them if they improve their average substantially and/or if they have a double game round coming up. Applying that to your team, i like Carey, Agar and Pattinson as mid-priced selections.

With Maddinson, Harper and Cooper you'd need to keep them till round 5 to have the benefit of capitalising on their double game round. I honestly would not be confident that they will score enough to be keepers up until their double game round. You would not want to select them and then trade them prior to round 5 but you may be 'forced' into doing so. If they had a double game round earlier i think that would definitely change my view on them.

Anyway, i will stress that im no expert and also i do think the majority of your team is pretty good but obviously i have my views on ways you can improve it. I apologise for the long post too. Good luck

@SuperCoachBBL #bbl09 Ultimate Fixture Planner

Highlights double game weeks (dgws), byes, international fixtures, game order, home/away fixtures, and ground locations.

Like, RT and Enjoy! :)
#SuperCoach https://t.co/gMXX7wlwmJ

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys, AFL SC veteran here but deciding to have my first crack at BBL this season. I've done a bit of research and put this side together as my first crack at it for now.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Am I too heavy on the double game round batsmen? Will Morris be back in time for round 1?

Is NCN a stupid selection considering he may be in line for national selection?

Steketee is a bit of a placeholder, not too sure of a good option around his price. Laughlin? Sweepson?

Is 9 DGR players too many? Not enough?

bbl.png

Hi guys, AFL SC veteran here but deciding to have my first crack at BBL this season. I've done a bit of research and put this side together as my first crack at it for now.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Am I too heavy on the double game round batsmen? Will Morris be back in time for round 1?

Is NCN a stupid selection considering he may be in line for national selection?

Steketee is a bit of a placeholder, not too sure of a good option around his price. Laughlin? Sweepson?

Is 9 DGR players too many? Not enough?

View attachment 790010

9 is perfectly fine

Steketee...not sold he gets both the rd1 games, will depend on Pattison.

NCN ...No for me

Morris will depend on his current tournanent

With regards to Morris

There are only five matches to go before finals in the current T20comp.
The top 5 teams are still mathematically in finals contention.
Morris’ team currently sits top of the ladder and they still have two games to come, very high chance of playing the final
The 2nd & 3rd sides only have one game to go before finals.
it’s looking unlikely that Morris will be here for the first game of the BBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back