Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
So this comp is open again for another year. Seems to be open quite early.

ABdV is finally in BBL, but only half the season.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't follow BBL....is this good? rubbish? halp plz.

help.JPG

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't follow BBL....is this good? rubbish? halp plz.

View attachment 773411
This page might help

Someone will do a spreadsheet I'm sure.....I am a dumb campaigner when it comes to that s**t.

A few points with team selection though.

Making cash is the key.
3 trades per round, so it's important to plan ahead for the DGR's and Byes.
Keep a close eye on when players are available from other commitments, including overseas players.
I like to have a high % of allrounders, means less chance of donut or s**t score.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
This page might help

Someone will do a spreadsheet I'm sure.....I am a dumb campaigner when it comes to that s**t.

A few points with team selection though.

Making cash is the key.
3 trades per round, so it's important to plan ahead for the DGR's and Byes.
Keep a close eye on when players are available from other commitments, including overseas players.
I like to have a high % of allrounders, means less chance of donut or s**t score.

I've done a spreadsheet. The format probably isn't great but its something until someone creates a better one!

Attachments

• BBL SC.xlsx
    40.8 KB · Views: 192
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
My first draft looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.07.06 pm.png

9 players with the double game round first up, including 4 6'ers as they have 2 DG rounds in the first 3 rounds. Nielson is there as a loophole. My weakness is my batters but Heazlett has been in pretty good form for the Bulls and Sangha seems to be value. Hughes is in for the DGRs. I will include Khawaja if he is available. My bench will probably change heaps as we get a better idea of who will actually play.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Where can a find the fixture that shows when each team has double game rounds and when teams have byes etc?
This site is good for BE's

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
My first draft looks like this:

View attachment 773864

9 players with the double game round first up, including 4 6'ers as they have 2 DG rounds in the first 3 rounds. Nielson is there as a loophole. My weakness is my batters but Heazlett has been in pretty good form for the Bulls and Sangha seems to be value. Hughes is in for the DGRs. I will include Khawaja if he is available. My bench will probably change heaps as we get a better idea of who will actually play.

I've never even heard of half the players in your team. :oops:

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I've never even heard of half the players in your team. :oops:
Most of them have experience in the BBL. My bench is full of 'no-namers' but they were picked in the hope they play a more prominent role in their teams this season (e.g Jewell may open if/when Wade is not available) and Harvey showed some promise last season. Big wraps on Sangha although he didnt deliver last season and Heazlett is a big punt but should open for the Heat. Burns is an alternative option though. Stoinis, Short, Sams and Curran all dominated the BBL last season (and Lynn had an 'off season' by his standards). Like AFL SC, the emphasis will be on making money for most of the season, with complexity added by the draw lending itself to lots of forward planning. I guess my team is kind of like guns n rookies and as a result i havent got many players between 100 and 200k

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
That seems like a lot less DGR's than last year which may make it tough. Sixers DGR first up... do I do it to myself?

6'ers have 2 DGR in the first 3 rounds but apart from Philippe and Curran the options seem limited. Im backing Henriques and Hughes to (hopefully!) have a decent few games before i get rid of them

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
6'ers have 2 DGR in the first 3 rounds but apart from Philippe and Curran the options seem limited. Im backing Henriques and Hughes to (hopefully!) have a decent few games before i get rid of them

6ers are a lottery, you leave out one of their bowlers like Dwarshius and pick everyone else and he’ll go out and take 2 4fas in the double.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
6ers are a lottery, you leave out one of their bowlers like Dwarshius and pick everyone else and he’ll go out and take 2 4fas in the double.
Yeah that is true. I think Philippe has the class to be a good pick but i worry he might go too hard from the first ball and give away his wicket. Curran seems like a decent bowling option and if their top order collapses - which they seem to be prone to do - he can get a few quick runs too. You're right though, its almost a lottery with them. Henriques may be a decent pick if he is willing to bowl himself but there is a fair amount of uncertainty regarding that. Hughes probably wont stay in my team till the start of the comp. I like him as a player but i think he is much more suited to 1 dayers and when he tries too hard he gives away his wicket. Everyone else on their team i cant trust at all. Abbott seems to take a decent amount of wickets but i dont really rate him as a player. I feel he benefits from either knocking over tail enders or bowling the death overs and getting cheap wickets when players go nuts trying to hit him out of the ground.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Now thinking ill start with 3 6'ers, 4 Heat & 3 Strikers and a max of 2 players from the other teams. Strikers can be used as loopholes for round 1 and then should be valuable for rounds 3 and 4 with the back to back DGRs. Then my 6'ers players will either be loopholes in round 4 or will be traded out. Ill look at trading out 2-3 of my Heat players prior to round 2 e.g Lynn - Khan and Swepson - Stanlake. Jeez its 40 days out and im already overthinking things!

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Right, my SC Racing stable has gone to poo, so Im starting early on SC BBL.

Can't decide on one of Stonis or D Short. Def going into the 1st rd with 10 DGW players and 1 striker and 2 scorchers smashed in there too.
Should end well.

Last season I set up a league called SC rejects or something along those lines. Was a competitive league all from big footy.

So if your out there and played last year, get involved. 986223 - Tickle the timber

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Right, my SC Racing stable has gone to poo, so Im starting early on SC BBL.

Can't decide on one of Stonis or D Short. Def going into the 1st rd with 10 DGW players and 1 striker and 2 scorchers smashed in there too.
Should end well.

Last season I set up a league called SC rejects or something along those lines. Was a competitive league all from big footy.

So if your out there and played last year, get involved. 986223 - Tickle the timber
Joined. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to fit in all of Stoinis, Short, Khawaja, Lynn and Finch. At the moment ive left Stoinis out but jeez its tough. Khawaja and Lynn are obvious ones due to DGR but i can only get 2 of the other 3 without significantly damaging the rest of my team. Oh well, its over a month out so no doubt my team will change hundreds of times and maybe ill come up with something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back