BBL SUPERCOACH 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, is there a reason no one has Sam Heazlett? In good form, will likely bat top 4, double first up, 62k cheapie... I've just thought about it and put him and Peirson on the bat and wicketkeeper bench. I'll do some loopholing to get their scores if they play well in game 1.
No Cutting for me.

Zahir is maybe
Cutting imo is a lock if he's batting high up the order and the Heat only pick 4 bowlers + Cutting (who barely counts as a bowler surely). If he's batting 6/7 and they pick 5 bowlers he might not bowl and won't face too many balls. I think he'll bat 6 and bowl all his overs so that just has him scraping into my team currently. Gotta see the XI though. Zahir I don't think I'll pick at that price. But still, international spinners usually dominate BBL so he could smash it.

Just wondering, is there a reason no one has Sam Heazlett? In good form, will likely bat top 4, double first up, 62k cheapie... I've just thought about it and put him and Peirson on the bat and wicketkeeper bench. I'll do some loopholing to get their scores if they play well in game 1.

Cutting imo is a lock if he's batting high up the order and the Heat only pick 4 bowlers + Cutting (who barely counts as a bowler surely). If he's batting 6/7 and they pick 5 bowlers he might not bowl and won't face too many balls. I think he'll bat 6 and bowl all his overs so that just has him scraping into my team currently. Gotta see the XI though. Zahir I don't think I'll pick at that price. But still, international spinners usually dominate BBL so he could smash it.

I've done this too. 62k or less with a double game is always enticing. The fact they play first up and are thus loophole options just seals the deal for me

Gday lads,

Keen for another BBL season of blood, sweat and rage trades. This is my team atm, pretty happy so far, but a couple of possible changes on the cards

reew.PNG
Some points of discussion:
Not sold on the 4 Sixers, especially given their price. Curran and Philippe are locks, but Abbott can be super expensive when he's off and Vince is obv a risk as a pure batsman. Crossing the fingers that the DGR will allow Abbott to get his customary s**t of the bed out of the way and he'll have a blinder in his second game.

I like the idea of Carey as a loop for R1. Saves me a trade and has me ready for his back-to-back DGRs.

Not really that hot on Lynn. He's in atm purely cos of reputation and T10 form, but the bloke had more than a few iffy moments last season and tbh I don't even know if he's worth his price. Would prefer Cutting, but that's reliant on him keeping his spot in the Heat bowling attack. With Laughlin arriving, really doubt Cutting will be getting all of his overs. Then there's the question of where he'll be batting. Need more info to make a decision there.

Haven't gone either of the two big guns, so you guys can expect Godlike performances from both of them

Any and all thoughts appreciated :thumbsu:

I'll be staying away from Cutting.

He got a boost late last year because he started opening the batting. With Banton, Heazlett and Bryant I can't see him opening so will likely bat 6/7 and bowl 1 or 2 overs. He's not usually economical either.

How I can see the Heat lining up

Banton
Bryant
Lynn
Heazlett
Renshaw
Cutting
Lalor
Pattinson
Laughlin
Mujeeb/Zahir
Swepson

Banton for ADB when available. Lalor/Pierson also interchangeable (likewise Swepson/Steketee)

Last edited:
whats the app on IPhone? Im probably being a simpleton on this one but the 2019 one redirects me to the AFL 2020 one
Once you get into the app, click on the three-line menu icon at the top left. When the menu pops up, scroll down and click on the BBL icon

Is Khawaja too much of a risk at his price? I'm thinking of putting Hughes in his place as Hughes has been in better form and has a better fixture.

Is Khawaja too much of a risk at his price? I'm thinking of putting Hughes in his place as Hughes has been in better form and has a better fixture.

Khawaja is a BBL gun.

If you can afford him it's worth it.

His record is bloody good

I think I may keep him in anyway, or Hales or Heazlett

Yeah fair enough, at least you have a fair few options at his price. Like i mentioned before ill probably end up trading him in, even though he wont have a DGR after the first round.

Last edited:
Hasn't left my team but i am mighty tempted to see what changes i can make by dropping him. Any pure batsmen at that price is a bit of a risk but i think he is worth it given his DGR first up and the fact that he has torn it up in the past. Not a lock (if there even is such a thing) though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just ditched Abbott again, i bet that decision will come back to haunt me. Vince and Agar come in for Harris & Abbott
James Vince in the South African T20 - 86*, 43, 23, 37, 2, 1, 25*, 9
doesnt exactly scream pick me

Team at this stage

Khawaja, Lynn, Cutting, Bryant, Hughes (Jewell, Harris)
Banton (Pierson)
Curran, Sams, Khan, Morris, Livingstone (Ellis, Sutherland)

Really not sold on Lynn or Cutting. I like the value around 130k a lot more so might start with some cash in the bank instead. I see no need to go for the big guns (Stoinis, Short) early on as I can't see them maintaining their value.

Livingstone I think is great value, I don't see him in a lot of teams. Likely to open the batting (doesn't muck around either) and bowls leg spin. Cam Green would have been great value too if he was bowling.

Don't have a loophole for R1.

Team at this stage

Banton (Pierson)

Really not sold on Lynn or Cutting. I like the value around 130k a lot more so might start with some cash in the bank instead. I see no need to go for the big guns (Stoinis, Short) early on as I can't see them maintaining their value.

Livingstone I think is great value, I don't see him in a lot of teams. Likely to open the batting (doesn't muck around either) and bowls leg spin. Cam Green would have been great value too if he was bowling.

I like Livingstone as a pick too. Ill select either him or agar, at the moment I'm backing agar but it is not an easy decision at all.

Bryant and Hughes combo is unique too. Quite like it

Team at this stage

Banton (Pierson)

I know nothing about Livingstone but that does sound tempting. Reckon I'll bring him in for his double game round if he does well first two games.

Not really sold on Abbott either, will probably keep him until round 3 and move him on.
He is very inconsistent but at his best he can definitely post some big scores. If i dont start with him there is a chance i dont buy him at all although a lot can happen between now and round 3 and i may well end up with him in my side for round 3. I'm both excited and nervous at the prospect of not picking him. I think a lot of teams will move him on after round 3 so you definitely wont be alone.

Screenshot_20191210-172842_SuperCoach.jpg
See how this feels for the next day or two.

My plan is to check Ashraf and C Green score first. If either get a respectable score I'll trade my Canes out to A Carey and R Khan or W Agar. (Have not checked figures yet)

Over the first two rounds Im wanting to trade out all my Heat players (4), Ferguson and Nevill.

Will look at Stonis rd 1 and grab him rd 2 I think. Scary to think what damage he could do at Ted Summerton Reserve (rd2)

So, thats me.

Anyone need a league to be filled? Shout out. Cheers. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back