BBL The Challenger Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Sixers @ the SCG Weds Jan 26 1855 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And easy to say now but I would've tried to push a couple of overs out of Travis Head. Siddle ideally bowls over 18 and 20, best death bowler in the team by a fair margin.
yeah im surprised. those darty slow bowlers are gold when they get it right

If he’s bowling at the death it’s never ending well
Obviously we've seen better death bowlers for sure but I think Sids should have just let him go.

Too many morons on here who don’t know the rules of the game and are now whinging when a team uses the rules to their advantage. Pathetic.
Exploiting uncommon rules to gain an advantage and change the outcome is fair according to the rule book but it’s a bit of a scummy move to win a final imo. They sent the bloke out there to begin with, live with it

Exploiting uncommon rules to gain an advantage and change the outcome is fair according to the rule book but it’s a bit of a scummy move to win a final imo. They sent the bloke out there to begin with, live with it

You are allowed to retire out it happens literally every tour game

Or Cartwright or Sams as a smoky that can bat down the order and clear the boundary from the outset
Kerr might not be a bad choice to develop too.

His bowling has been pretty good all season with 24 wickets, and first time batting up the order he does that.

With the last picked that probably won't play anyway, why not give him a go?

I honestly hope more batsmen in T20's will retire themselves when they know their innings is a detriment on the team's efforts.
I would personally give each team a maximum of 2 tactical retirements for them to use (or not use) during their innings as they see fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn’t for international rules not allowing runners for injured batsmen, we wouldn’t be talking about this.
Silk would’ve been allowed a runner

Has anyone ever done it in this context though? Like I said, it’s fair according to the rules but it’s a bit of a shitty move to pull to win a game

Happened on occasions it’s rare but sometimes

If it wasn’t for international rules not allowing runners for injured batsmen, we wouldn’t be talking about this.
Silk would’ve been allowed a runner

The Ranatunga rule
Lol

I would personally give each team a maximum of 2 tactical retirements for them to use (or not use) during their innings as they see fit.
Then you start getting into baseball pinch hitter type stuff.

I think Silk was injured clearly, they sent him out, but he then wasn't thought to be fit enough to do what was required which was run.

The retirement is eyebrow raising, but fair game in the circumstances.

Happened on occasions it’s rare but sometimes
I don’t mind sending a bloke back out after he’s injured himself in his innings but I don’t reckon you should get the option if he’s already injured, that’s their fault for taking the gamble on him (hard to police obviously).

Back