BBL The Final Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers @ Marvel Stadium Fri Jan 28 1919 ACT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is where I'm at. and the rule gets ignored anyway if it's a keeper that you need to replace....? (based on Lenton).
Lenton was added to the LRP pool on Wednesday due to lack of suitable replacements available in the pool (there were no keepers).

From what I understand from various articles (so none of them have the full story), the Sixers wanted to initially add Smith to their main squad, but CA refused this as it was finals. It was mentioned on Cricinfo they didn't want to add him to the LRP pool as other teams would have the opportunity to use him (ie the Strikers/Hurricanes) before the Sixers played their first match against the Scorchers. Since the result last night Henriques has been quoted as saying the club have asked for him to be added to the LRP pool (because no other team will use him - Scorchers have a near full squad to select from bar Mills, and potentially Bancroft and Kelly). I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere before yesterday's match.

Also, wrt to the Sixers internationals, the rules allowed for one extra this season. There's always been 2 squad plus 2 replacements, this season there's 3 squad. The Sixers have burned their replacements already, and the squad players are unavailable due to domestic and national team commitments.

Yes

But 2 of the the players missing are your internationals so you must've known that when you signed them. Same as when we signed Mills.

The rest are injured/covid which can happen to anyone.
We're the Sixers away from Sydney for the whole tournament last year?

I agree you've been stiff with injuries but all of the talk about a forfeit is purile IMO.
I expected Curran to go, but I wasn't sure about Vince, I didn't think England would have selected him.

Sixers played 3 games in Hobart, 4 at Gold Coast, 1 at Brisbane, 1 at Perth, 3 in Canberra, 1 in Adelaide, 2 in Melbourne and the final game at the SCG.

As mentioned previously in this thread I have no problems with replacing the Covid kids with Pool players, but teams have always been allowed to sign players as injury replacements until now.

The forfeit comment was tongue in cheek. Sort of. I reckon the Sixers should threaten it if they can't sign Smith.

At least Sydney have something to bitch about for the next 12 months…

2020- Rules are rules, we’d rather win the title by default than play away
2022- Why won’t you bend the rules for us?

Anyway they’re lucky the game is at Marvel tomorrow night, although would have been sweet justice if it was washed out 😂😂

Personally hope they do grant the Sixers an exemption and Smith plays.

Want as high a quality game as possible.

Scorchers should still win regardless. If we bottle this, Smith or no Smith, it on us.

I fear that Hayden Kerr is odds on to get a duck tonight. After playing the innings of his life the other night.

Cricket is a great leveller when it comes to batting especially in T20 cricket.

Were the Sixers away from Sydney for the whole tournament last year?
Yep thunder and sixers got locked out of sydney because other states closes the border to NSW due to covid outbreak at Xmas time.

Sixers only got 1 game at SCG the final and Thunder had to play all their home games in Canberra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith should be playing

There needs to be a way to allocate centrally contracted cricketers to their BBL team.

Whilst the likes of Starc/Haze/Green are never going to play due to bowling workloads - the competition needs the additional talent.

Whilst i understand that the scorchers have contracted RIchardson - next season - there needs to be some exemption pool or whatever where a player is paid a set amount from the pool and is entitled to play for a pre-nominated club.

That would impact the likes of Head/Carey/Richo in addition to just steve smith

There needs to be a way to allocate centrally contracted cricketers to their BBL team.

Whilst the likes of Starc/Haze/Green are never going to play due to bowling workloads - the competition needs the additional talent.

Whilst i understand that the scorchers have contracted RIchardson - next season - there needs to be some exemption pool or whatever where a player is paid a set amount from the pool and is entitled to play for a pre-nominated club.

That would impact the likes of Head/Carey/Richo in addition to just steve smith
Yep it's ridiculous our T20 World Cup winners don't play in our league. If they could open up a 2 or 3 week window at the end of the BBL it would be great. Players like Warner, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood would all be split amongst the teams.

I'd like to see a split BBL next year if they want to persist with 14 games a team.

Have half the comp in Sept/October as a warmup/leadup to the World T20 and then the final 7 rounds plus finals in January (with no international commitments after the NY Test in Sydney).

Australia really needs to make the back end of January BBL only for $$$ and for getting the Smith/Warner/Cummins types in the league.

Back