BBL The Final Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers @ Marvel Stadium Fri Jan 28 1919 ACT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth from, Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Cooper Connolly, Laurie Evans, Aaron Hardie, Peter Hatzoglou, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Mitchell Marsh, Tymal Mills, David Moody, Lance Morris, Colin Munro, Kurtis Patterson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye
Sydney from, Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Carlos Brathwaite, Dan Christian, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Moises Henriques (c), Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon, Ben Manenti, Josh Philippe, Lloyd Pope, Jordan Silk, James Vince, Steve O’Keefe, Shadab Khan

Sydney from, Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Carlos Brathwaite, Dan Christian, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Moises Henriques (c), Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon, Ben Manenti, Josh Philippe, Lloyd Pope, Jordan Silk, James Vince, Steve O’Keefe, Shadab Khan

So how many are out

Philippe
Jack and Mickey Edwards
Vince and Braithwaite both playing T20s
Henriques Calf
Silk Hammy
Bird Injured?
Tom Curran playing T20s or injured
Hughes test
Khan back home

If Steve Smith doesn't play and I was at the Sixers, I would forfeit and * up any credibility the league is trying to develop. The CA will have basically handed the trophy to Scorchers anyway, so why play.

If Steve Smith doesn't play and I was at the Sixers, I would forfeit and fu** up any credibility the league is trying to develop. The CA will have basically handed the trophy to Scorchers anyway, so why play.
So you'd complain about credibility for them doing something that they've actually done correctly?

So you'd complain about credibility for them doing something that they've actually done correctly?
Why not. I would rather see the Sixers not play than to see a lopsided final where the Scorchers go in at full strength (or close to it) and the Sixers have to use Victorians (which is bad enough) who aren't good enough to play in mediocre Stars and Renegades line ups.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Why not. I would rather see the Sixers not play than to see a lopsided final where the Scorchers go in at full strength (or close to it) and the Sixers have to use Victorians (which is bad enough) who aren't good enough to play in mediocre Stars and Renegades line ups.
Just because players are missing with injury or in this case Covid doesn't mean the league should break the rules to replace them

Its unfortunate for the Sixers but they catch us on an off night and they can still win anyway, it is T20 afterall

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
To be honest , with or without Steve Smith for the Sixers, id be fairly confident Perth will stop beat them.

I think opposition fans of the Sixers, wouldnt mind if it was a like for like replacement at this stage of the tournament. eg Dan Hughes or Moises or Philippe for S Smith.

Just because players are missing with injury or in this case Covid doesn't mean the league should break the rules to replace them

Its unfortunate for the Sixers but they catch us on an off night and they can still win anyway, it is T20 afterall
I understand CA bringing in the new rule for Covid, but I don't understand why that rule is also in place for injuries or internationals when for the first ten and a half seasons you have always been able to sign players to replace them.

The Sixers currently have 10 or so players either out or in doubt due to injury, international duties or Covid. The guys with Covid should be replaced with players from the pool of players, I'm happy with that. But it's the players who are injured or who have left due to international duties we should be to replace with players from outside the pool. I think this part of the rule is unfair and the credibility of league is taking a hit because it has always been allowed previously.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how many are out

Philippe
Jack and Mickey Edwards
Henriques Calf
Silk Hammy
Bird Injured?
Hughes test
Khan back home
SOK has calf problems as well, so he may be out.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
WOW! The Stars were arrogant thinking they would make the finals.
I don't think the Stars would have purchased the tickets. Cricket Australia are probably giving away tickets to Stars and Renegades members (and anyone else willing to go) as a completely empty stadium isn't the best look for a Grand Final.

Eleven seasons into the BBL and already this is the fifth time the Scorchers and Sixers will have played each other in the final. Currently it's 2-2.

Also after this game, both teams will have combined for seven of the eleven titles. Currently it's 3-3.

This match is for bragging rights.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I wasn't in favour of Smith being allowed to play for the Sixers initially but with the Sixers missing so many players and most of their best batsmen I hope CA grant him an exemption to play so we get a better contest. The Scorchers should still beat the Sixers with Smith anyway but it's less likely to be a one sided walkover.

Last edited:

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

So how many are out

Philippe
Jack and Mickey Edwards
Henriques Calf
Silk Hammy
Bird Injured?
Hughes test
Khan back home
Not sure about the others, but Henriques has declared he's playing.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
If Steve Smith doesn't play and I was at the Sixers, I would forfeit and fu** up any credibility the league is trying to develop. The CA will have basically handed the trophy to Scorchers anyway, so why play.
So you'd forfeit a game in which in your mind, one player should be allowed to play?

The others missing are unfortunate.

Didn't hear people complaining that the Scorchers had Richardson, Marsh and Inglis missing for most of the year.

Not to mention only having one home game.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I wasn't in favour of Smith being allowed to play for the Sixers initially but with the Sixers missing so many players and most of their best batsmen I hope CA grant him an exemption to play so we we get a better contest. The Scorchers should still beat the Sixers with Smith anyway but it's less likely to be a one sided walkover.

Actively not wanting the best players playing the game is fundamentally dumb and part of why the big bash is struggling.

I understand the reasoning, but it's still dumb.

So you'd forfeit a game in which in your mind, one player should be allowed to play?

The others missing are unfortunate.

Didn't hear people complaining that the Scorchers had Richardson, Marsh and Inglis missing for most of the year.

Not to mention only having one home game.
3 players is a little different to 7/8 or 9 players. Philippe, Silk, Vince, Curran, the Edwards brothers and perhaps Hughes, Henriques, Bird and SOK.

Some are only back ups, but some are every bit as important to the Sixers as the guys you mentioned above are for the Scorchers.

By the way, the one home game crap doesn't cut it, because it was achieved successfully last season. The Sixers didn't have a home last season until the final.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
I understand CA bringing in the new rule for Covid, but I don't understand why that rule is also in place for injuries or internationals when for the first ten and a half seasons you have always been able to sign players to replace them.

The Sixers currently have 10 or so players either out or in doubt due to injury, international duties or Covid. The guys with Covid should be replaced with players from the pool of players, I'm happy with that. But it's the players who are injured or who have left due to international duties we should be to replace with players from outside the pool. I think this part of the rule is unfair and the credibility of league is taking a hit because it has always been allowed previously.

this is where I'm at. and the rule gets ignored anyway if it's a keeper that you need to replace....? (based on Lenton).

It's all very silly, and maybe the most silly part is the BBL staff not making the decision themselves. why are the state associations being asked about

Has Manenti even played this season?
Neck injury. believe that's why Todd Murphy stayed on after SOK recovered

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
3 players is a little different to 7/8 or 9 players. Philippe, Silk, Vince, Curran, the Edwards brothers and perhaps Hughes, Henriques, Bird and SOK.

Some are only back ups, but some are every bit as important to the Sixers as the guys you mentioned above are for the Scorchers.

By the way, the one home game crap doesn't cut it, because it was achieved successfully last season. The Sixers didn't have a home last season until the final.
Yes

But 2 of the the players missing are your internationals so you must've known that when you signed them. Same as when we signed Mills.

The rest are injured/covid which can happen to anyone.
Were the Sixers away from Sydney for the whole tournament last year?

I agree you've been stiff with injuries but all of the talk about a forfeit is purile IMO.

Last edited:
Back