BBL The Knockout Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers @ the MCG Sun 23 Jan 1845 ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Tactics cost them the match.

Getting ahead gives them options, their tactics meant it required them to do it all at the end, which put too much on the rest of the lineup.

They had a crap surge, Siddle 2/8 first over of the surge and then Strikers were on top

Not sure I’m a fan of seasonal records including finals matches. The better teams aren’t playing all the games so it puts individuals at a disadvantage

They had a crap surge, Siddle 2/8 first over of the surge and then Strikers were on top
Correct, and further emphasises my point, they take it earlier and they give the rest of the lineup more time to make it up even if it's crap.

They cramped their middle/late order with too little room so they had to attack every ball.

How much luck have the Strikers had this season? In the two finals alone the openers have been dropped allowing the Strikers to add another 20/30 runs to their score.
Cricket is a funny game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strikers only made the finals through a crap rule everyone wants scrapped the half time point and now there probably favourites to win it lol
IMO the current order of favouritism is:

Scorchers
Sixers
Strikers

Perth are clearly the best team in it. Play the final 10 times and Perth win most of them, only a bad night will cost them the title, regardless of who they play.

Momentum means alot in T20s.. Strikers will beat Sixers but the final will be a good one.
Perth are clearly the best team in it. Play the final 10 times and Perth win most of them, only a bad night will cost them the title, regardless of who they play.

IMO Sixers fully fit/at their best are a better shot at beating Perth than the current Strikers team, however I'm not sure Sixers will be at their best/fit.

IMO Sixers fully fit/at their best are a better shot at beating Perth than the current Strikers team, however I'm not sure Sixers will be at their best/fit.
Could threaten to rain again and we choose to chase again

Completely stuffed us last year

Could threaten to rain again and we choose to chase again

Completely stuffed us last year
Yeh the toss is critical, but I feel Perth are more likely to be able to win losing the toss than either potential opponent. They are the clear stand out with the Sixers being a bit shaky recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back