BBL06, Match 23, Heat vs Scorchers @ the GABBA

No Chris Lynn, no Heat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just my imagination or do teams seem to have no plan in chasings in T20 cricket

McCullum needed to bat through the innings last night.
Yes it would have been a different role for him, but he needed to alot more responsibility with the bat than he did.

Just a brilliant win, losing your best bat and best bowler, to come out and score what was a good total on a slow pitch, Klinger is just an amazing human. The way he looked at ease at times when others struggled, ran so many 2s to the point of exhausation, at his age when he's one of the older players, tell you what I am so pleased he is on my team and not playing for someone else. Bowling and fielding were terrific apart from a couple of spills, Agar, Turner and Richardson are great assets in the field. Tye continues to do what others can’t with his death bowling, and Agar deserves credit for his bowling spell. Great win and to sit top of the table with so many injuries to the bowlers is testament to the depth of the squad.

Just a brilliant win, losing your best bat and best bowler, to come out and score what was a good total on a slow pitch, Klinger is just an amazing human. The way he looked at ease at times when others struggled, ran so many 2s to the point of exhausation, at his age when he's one of the older players, tell you what I am so pleased he is on my team and not playing for someone else. Bowling and fielding were terrific apart from a couple of spills, Agar, Turner and Richardson are great assets in the field. Tye continues to do what others can’t with his death bowling, and Agar deserves credit for his bowling spell. Great win and to sit top of the table with so many injuries to the bowlers is testament to the depth of the squad.

It all starts with good management. What team would dump a successful opener like Dunk. Hanging on to a broken down old slinger like Tait. We had our choice with Tas players like Hilfy & Bird, but no, just get an out of control old slinger, cant bat cant field cant bowl.
The coach & selectors are the first thing they should look at. Trouble is its a boys club.

Are you saying the rules should be different if you're a good player? Is this Darren Lehmann logic again?

No just keep it at a fine

How is it Brendan's fault if his bowlers bowled slow anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Heat pre emptively said they would appeal on the night because of Whiteman getting hit in the head taking up time and something else I can't remember now that held up the game that was outside McCullum's control.
From what I understand, he was 6 minutes late AFTER reviews and the Whiteman hit had been removed from the total. So the Heat have declined to appeal because they have no grounds to do so.

I don't mind it to be honest. The captain is updated at 5, 10, 15 and 18 overs by the umpires to gauge their progress. The rules are inplace, he already had a warning, he has nobody to blame but himself. If his bowlers are bowling too slowly, he needs to hold them accountable.

Last edited:
It's a rule that he's broken. Hell, he admitted that he was slow with over rates on the telecast last night. He knew it was a concern and did nothing to solve the problem. All this fuss because he's a big name, I bet nobody would care if it had been Rohrer, as an example.

Good to see they are being consistent.

Back