BBL06 Match 27 Strikers v Renegades @ Adelaide Oval Monday 16th Jan 7.10pm local

Remove this Banner Ad

Scorchers are in a weird position where winning our last game will likely give us 2nd and a home final but losing will most likely lead to us getting pushed out of the 4 altogether.
Not if they lose and still hold a superior NRR than Thunder/Canes/Sixers/Gades.

The Strikers can't chase because Hodge keeps wanting to pace the innings so they win in the last over. The top order gets out quickly after the power play and then Hodge, Head and Pollard come in and can't find the boundary before getting out and leaving the long tail requiring over ten an over. Has happened all season.

Dunk and Laughlin have been excellent but the Strikers need a clean out.
Yeah Hodge has been batting like he's in the 25th over of an ODI

The Strikers can't chase because Hodge keeps wanting to pace the innings so they win in the last over. The top order gets out quickly after the power play and then Hodge, Head and Pollard come in and can't find the boundary before getting out and leaving the long tail requiring over ten an over. Has happened all season.

Dunk and Laughlin have been excellent but the Strikers need a clean out.
It's amazing how quickly we fall apart once Dunk gets out. It happened in the Sixers game too where we 2/100 after 10 overs or something along those lines and, once he got out, we slowed down drastically and only made 152. Luckily, we bowled well to win it. The only reason we beat the canes so easily at home was because he was there until the end.

It's amazing how quickly we fall apart once Dunk gets out. It happened in the Sixers game too where we 2/100 after 10 overs or something along those lines and, once he got out, we slowed down drastically and only made 152. Luckily, we bowled well to win it. The only reason we beat the canes so easily at home was because he was there until the end.

Losing Ross hurt. Head and Pollard were hopeless and Lehmann and Dean did nothing.

Reckon Adelaide need to dump: Hodge, Pollard and Head for BBL07. Pollard simply looks not fit enough, too slow and his batting intent seems lacking. Reading alot of social media, it seems like the Adelaide fans aren't too fond if his performances this season as well.

Those 3 have been a major disappointment in the middle overs this season.

Reckon Adelaide need to dump: Hodge, Pollard and Head for BBL07. Pollard simply looks not fit enough, too slow and his batting intent seems lacking. Reading alot of social media, it seems like the Adelaide fans aren't too fond if his performances this season as well.

Those 3 have been a major disappointment in the middle overs this season.
I'd keep Head and probably Hodge although he may get a better offer

Keep Head. He had a shocking season but we know how dangerous he can be. Pollard definitely needs to go and I wouldn't mind if Hodge left either. Rashid was a huge loss this season and left a hole in the bowling line-up. Aside from Laughlin and Sodhi, the bowling was trash.

The problem with the BBL is that if you have a poor squad it is really hard to improve it in one season, there is not much movement of established players. To do so you really need to get lucky and fluke a couple of good players from the domestic fringes and/or below.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought Tim Ludeman did alright with the couple of chances he got with the bat. Also a tad surprised Craig Simmons wasn't given a go this tournament.

Think Adelaide will replace Kieron Pollard (im 90% sure about that). The season he had, reminded me a bit of Darren Sammy last season. He might be a great marketing tool for the club and fans but his performances haven't influenced games in his team favour. Adelaide in the off season will need 1 international player, another solid Top 4 batsman, a power hitter in the middle order, a decent spinner (1 of Rashid or Sodhi) and a fast bowler/medium pacer. (Don't think they will be after Tait.........) I don't think there are too many quality pace bowlers in this tournament personally. Dare I say it Brisbane Heat, Adelaide, Renegades, Hobart , Thunder fast bowling stocks are pretty poor.

If I was an Adelaide recruiting staff, I'd try to tap in and nab one of the Scorchers bowlers for BBL 7. Behrendorff, Joel Paris, Coulter Nile could be reserve players struggling possibly a game for next season with the quality of depth in Perth's bowling.

If I was an Adelaide recruiting staff, I'd try to tap in and nab one of the Scorchers bowlers for BBL 7. Behrendorff, Joel Paris, Coulter Nile could be reserve players struggling possibly a game for next season with the quality of depth in Perth's bowling.
Good call, I'd be very surprised if a few of our quicks aren't poached. Paris and NCN the most attainable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back