BBL07

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we going to ever get to the point, where a player openly requests to play BigBash over meaningless T20Is.
As a spectator, I am much more interested in the outcome of the BigBash finals than 3 T20's against the English

Are we ever going to get to the point where CA realise the whole BBL is compromised on the back of some international cricket literally no one gives a s**t about. The problem with the squad is the majority haven't played much for Australia at all so it'd be almost impossible to turn down.

Really? Scorchers win big time with that squad, no real loss at all. Be a massive choke not to win another title
Losing Agar, I can see the Scorchers running with no recognised spinner:

1. S. Marsh
2. Klinger
3. Bancroft
4. M. Marsh
5. Turner
6. Cartwright
7. Voges
8. Richardson
9. Bresnan
10. Kelly
11. Johnson

To fill that role it'd basically be Bresnan v Kelly to be dropped for Muirhead if he's fit, unless we go deeper with the bat and pick Bosisto. Aim to get 8 overs out of Bosisto / M Marsh / Cartwright / Turner / Voges.

Scorchers still suffer a little without Agar, hopefully Turner can bowl by then. Would love to know if the Test players are playing, because Bancroft and both Marshes would make the side much stronger.

Klinger
Whiteman (wk) (Bancroft)
Cartwright
Turner
Voges
Bosisto (S.Marsh)
David (M.Marsh)
Bresnan
Johnson
Paris (Richardson)
Kelly

Are we ever going to get to the point where CA realise the whole BBL is compromised on the back of some international cricket literally no one gives a s**t about. The problem with the squad is the majority haven't played much for Australia at all so it'd be almost impossible to turn down.
It is being mentioned that the ODIs and T20s against South Africa next summer will take place in November, hopefully freeing up this time of the year.
Would be nice to see some stronger BBL sides with the test players able to take part.

It is being mentioned that the ODIs and T20s against South Africa next summer will take place in November, hopefully freeing up this time of the year.
Would be nice to see some stronger BBL sides with the test players able to take part.

But will there be limited overs matches after the Tests?

Tests should run mid December through to an Australia Day test whilst the BBL is on. Would be nice for the test players to participate but not likely, but to schedule what is basically a big bash all star team to play whilst the finals are on is ridiculous.

But will there be limited overs matches after the Tests?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/c...k=1f13cc9d9e76449345c3fa10dd7d916d-1516593134
Next summer’s main white-ball series against South Africa is slated for October and November, which would help to eradicate most of the clashes with BBL games that have long compromised the league.
There was also the strong likelihood Cricket Australia would flood next summer with an extra 16 BBL games, creating a full home-and-away fixture in the first season of a new broadcast deal.
Next summer Australia is set to host India in a four-match Test series in December, Sri Lanka for a two-match Test series in January and Sri Lanka for three ODI matches in January
Actually from the looks of that schedule, the only thing they have done is move the T20Is from January to November. The tests will likely stretch longer if the Sri Lanka 2 match series starts in January, followed by an ODI series.

Really? Scorchers win big time with that squad, no real loss at all. Be a massive choke not to win another title

We lose Tye, Agar and by the looks won't get MMarsh back

My belief is bowling wins BBL - and we have 6 of our best 8 bowlers missing.

Strikers miss one bowler.

Last edited:
Losing Agar, I can see the Scorchers running with no recognised spinner:

1. S. Marsh
2. Klinger
3. Bancroft
4. M. Marsh
5. Turner
6. Cartwright
7. Voges
8. Richardson
9. Bresnan
10. Kelly
11. Johnson

To fill that role it'd basically be Bresnan v Kelly to be dropped for Muirhead if he's fit, unless we go deeper with the bat and pick Bosisto. Aim to get 8 overs out of Bosisto / M Marsh / Cartwright / Turner / Voges.

We won't have M Marsh I don't think. So Paris for Marsh in that side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think MM won't be available?
Why wouldn't Marsh return after ODIs?

I read that our three quicks, marsh (and maybe Paine) are being left out of the T20 squad to prepare for the South African series.

So i took that to mean they wouldn't be playing any other cricket

Just play most of the ODI's in the middle of winter up in Cairns or something. Does anybody really care about them anymore?
Cricket Australia clearly dont, given how they seem to just hand out national caps these days to any unproven young player. The aura of representing Australia in ODI or T20 is diminished because of this. Here is an XI of players that have represented Australia in ODIs/T20s in the last 5 years or so.

Ben Dunk
Peter Forrest
Nathan Reardon
Sam Heazlett
Ben Rohrer
Peter Nevill
Sean Abbott
Chris Tremain
Daniel Worrall
Scott Boland
James Muirhead

Cricket Australia clearly dont, given how they seem to just hand out national caps these days to any unproven young player. The aura of representing Australia in ODI or T20 is diminished because of this. Here is an XI of players that have represented Australia in ODIs/T20s in the last 5 years or so.

Ben Dunk
Peter Forrest
Nathan Reardon
Sam Heazlett
Ben Rohrer
Peter Nevill
Sean Abbott
Chris Tremain
Daniel Worrall
Scott Boland
James Muirhead
Would watch for lols

Just play most of the ODI's in the middle of winter up in Cairns or something. Does anybody really care about them anymore?
TV ratings suggest that nearly twice as many people care about the ODI's than the BBL in Australia.

We lose Tye, Agar and by the looks won't get MMarsh back

My belief is bowling wins BBL - and we have 6 of our best 8 bowlers missing.

Strikers miss one bowler.

As others have said, you get everyone back from internationals and only missing Tye and Agar but Marsh and Richardson is a bigger gain

Strikers also lose Khan to Afghanistan as well as the 3 to Australia so they’re cooked

Hurricanes lose their entire batting lineup but get back Paine but that will still be a big loss

Renegades really only lose Richardson as they are playing half the season without Finch anyway. Get back White which is a bonus

If the Renegades can get 2nd or 3rd I’d expect them v Scorchers final with Perth extremely short favourites

As others have said, you get everyone back from internationals and only missing Tye and Agar but Marsh and Richardson is a bigger gain

Strikers also lose Khan to Afghanistan as well as the 3 to Australia so they’re cooked

Hurricanes lose their entire batting lineup but get back Paine but that will still be a big loss

Renegades really only lose Richardson as they are playing half the season without Finch anyway. Get back White which is a bonus

If the Renegades can get 2nd or 3rd I’d expect them v Scorchers final with Perth extremely short favourites

Didn't realise that - that's a huge loss.

They're better than that. They're just not as consistent as the top two. There has been a marked improvement though in their bowling and fielding, and their batting has always been pretty good - Short in a couple of games has absolutely dominated, but there is no shortage of back up if he's out - the quote above is the sort of thing that would prick up the ears of the vengeful cricket gods if I said it, so I'm interested to see how willing they are to smite another non-believer...hope they don't just have something against me...!

Anyone can win this comp - Heat proved that in only the second season, never mind that it's the nature of the T20 beast, a frigging lottery - but the Canes are a big threat with their unpredictability. Two good games in the finals and they could subjugate the top two, especially if the national side makes a big enough dent. They were shithouse v the Strikers and nearly won, and they made Agar look far better than he really is for another close one at the Furnace...

Or they're the type of side who could get bundled out by going down to the Stars next up...! We'll see...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back