BBL07

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened? I wasn't following BBL back then.
Paine suggested the Stars may have been involved in some creative salary cap accounting. Eddie went nuclear on radio, called him Sheedy, a clown, and threatened to sue his dog or something. ABC have a pretty emotionless article about it, the Roar get stuck into it a bit more. Meanwhile onfield the Stars were playing 'who is the captain today' in a bid to dodge slow over rate suspensions. Paine / Dunk / Bailey pinged them around the park in the semi-final.

I hope Jhye doesn't become Pie again when he returns to the side. Bowled well in the ODI so hopefully that translates.

Will prove to be hard to restrict sides enough without a spinner
Scorchers main weakness is lack of variety in bowling. Unless we're taking wickets Jhye will get pinged because it's easy to use his pace, and our bowlers won't get the same assistance that they did in Alice.

He's past it now, but to call him a hack? He was a good T20 player for a while there

He was a good T20 player for a while there. He wasn't a star, he wasn't s**t, just a happy medium.
His record flatters him. Bog average.

Paine suggested the Stars may have been involved in some creative salary cap accounting. Eddie went nuclear on radio, called him Sheedy, a clown, and threatened to sue his dog or something. ABC have a pretty emotionless article about it, the Roar get stuck into it a bit more. Meanwhile onfield the Stars were playing 'who is the captain today' in a bid to dodge slow over rate suspensions. Paine / Dunk / Bailey pinged them around the park in the semi-final.
Wow.

Thanks for the quick explanation! Does Eddie still run the Stars?

His record flatters him. Bog average.
Nah. He's not as good as he used to be and recency bias means that most people consider him to be s**t due to the fact he was never great.

Nah. He's not as good as he used to be and recency bias means that most people consider him to be s**t due to the fact he was never great.
Disagree. For me it’s more the fact he had obvious talent and did very little with it.

Kudos to you for your fanship of an obscure player though.

The Thunder if they sneak in will be a handful like in BBL05. I'd rather tank our last game vs Strikers if it meant finishing second and avoiding them.
Tank-off eh? You're on!

The Thunder if they sneak in will be a handful like in BBL05. I'd rather tank our last game vs Strikers if it meant finishing second and avoiding them.
Yeah I reckon they could win it. Usman and Watson are real good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want the Strikers to play the Renegades in the semis can't be bothered doing the maths but would be a decent chance I'd say.

Renegades need to win one more game. If they beat Thunder but lose to Heat it comes down to NRR which Renegades currently have a lead of about 0.5 which should increase if they beat Thunder. However if they win both they finish 3rd, also get 3rd if Hurricanes lose to Stars

Strikers is simple, beat Perth finish 1st, lose and finish 2nd.

Renegades need to win one more game. If they beat Thunder but lose to Heat it comes down to NRR which Renegades currently have a lead of about 0.5 which should increase if they beat Thunder. However if they win both they finish 3rd, also get 3rd if Hurricanes lose to Stars

Strikers is simple, beat Perth finish 1st, lose and finish 2nd.

Only the Renegades could miss finals from their current spot, they look weak all of a sudden hence why I want them to play the Strikers. Still a lot of water to go under the bridge I guess but I reckon they'll lose to the Thunder but beat the Heat unless Lynn plays.

Only the Renegades could miss finals from their current spot, they look weak all of a sudden hence why I want them to play the Strikers. Still a lot of water to go under the bridge I guess but I reckon they'll lose to the Thunder but beat the Heat unless Lynn plays.

They are certainly struggling, although I think they would be quite happy to play Adelaide without Khan, Head, Stanlake and Carey!

Renegades really need to find a decent keeper/batsman next year. Always been their weakness with Nevill and now Ludeman

Batting otherwise looks good as does bowling but just can’t get it to click since they came up against their bogey side in Perth and just lost again it’s gone downhill

Fawad and Green have been OK but yeah a lot of it is relying on Sandhu and McGlen to be tight

Renegades have again suffered a bit from list management I reckon....Finch was never going to play a full season and Nabi going out has hurt....Cam White being picked for Aus could not have been foreseen I guess in all fairness

It's kind of a shame that the BBL occurs in the non-ratings period. I'd be really interested to see to what extent (if any) the tv ratings start to dive towards the end of the tournament, especially with competition from the tennis.

I feel like they're cooking the goose that lays golden eggs with the additional games this season. It seems like this BBL has gone on forever - I'm so over it.

It's kind of a shame that the BBL occurs in the non-ratings period. I'd be really interested to see to what extent (if any) the tv ratings start to dive towards the end of the tournament, especially with competition from the tennis.

I feel like they're cooking the goose that lays golden eggs with the additional games this season. It seems like this BBL has gone on forever - I'm so over it.
They still record the ratings in the non-ratings period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back