BBL07

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the Scorchers would be all over him but he's a nice fit at the 6ers who seem to only have about 15 players and half of them are spinners.
he was meant to be one of their replacement players.

They signed Kelly and Qadir. I haven't really been impressed that much with Qadir. They could have done better that spot.

he was meant to be one of their replacement players.

They signed Kelly and Qadir. I haven't really been impressed that much with Qadir. They could have done better that spot.

They could have done better than a guy who hasn't played a single game for the Scorchers yet?

Why don't we give him a chance first...

Referring to the other formats, Qadir performed admirably in the ODDs for the most part. Got some tap in the Shield, but he's a fresh leggie to the comp. Not to be unexpected.

They could have done better than a guy who hasn't played a single game for the Scorchers yet?

Why don't we give him a chance first...

Referring to the other formats, Qadir performed admirably in the ODDs for the most part. Got some tap in the Shield, but he's a fresh leggie to the comp. Not to be unexpected.

Yep, I think they could have. Irrespective of how I think Qadir will go (based on what I have seen so far I would be very surprised if he makes it), the weakest link by far is the batting. Other bats available in the squad are Bancroft, Inglis and Shaun Marsh; of those only Marsh will really improve the batting IMO. Someone like Phillipe could have been very handy in this side.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cri...could-happen-next-summer-20181222-p50nv8.html

Looks like they're still going ahead with a Xmas Day BBL game (at some point) whether we want it or not.

And watch the 10,000 become 1,000 when they play Christmas Day.

It isn't like Good Friday where people have nothing else to do. People will have other commitments, and the kids will be more focused on their new toys rather than a BBL match they can watch dozens of over the next 6 weeks or so.

Maybe it's going to take hosting it in front of an empty stadium and a flatlined TV audience for them to realise this.

And watch the 10,000 become 1,000 when they play Christmas Day.

It isn't like Good Friday where people have nothing else to do. People will have other commitments, and the kids will be more focused on their new toys rather than a BBL match they can watch dozens of over the next 6 weeks or so.

Maybe it's going to take hosting it in front of an empty stadium and a flatlined TV audience for them to realise this.

Don't assume that because you don't like it and it's not perfect for you, others won't love it and think it's great for them.

I really like the concept, just because of the lack of entertainment competiting at that time for myself

Feel like they could play it somewhere more rural or something to greater pack a stadium

Mandatory reminder that once again Perth has a home game on Boxing Day which means their opponent (which at least isn't Brisbane this season) has to fly over to Perth on xmas day. Scheduling a derby on xmas day and no game on boxing day is the way to go
Like the derby Christmas idea but you still want a game on Boxing Day

Teams could fly on game day but late Christmas isn’t that big of a deal for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mandatory reminder that once again Perth has a home game on Boxing Day which means their opponent (which at least isn't Brisbane this season) has to fly over to Perth on xmas day. Scheduling a derby on xmas day and no game on boxing day is the way to go

You could quite easily have a Melbourne Derby on Xmas Day and a Sydney Derby on Boxing Day, or you could do the reverse. I actually quite like the idea of having the Boxing Day test followed by the BBL derby at Docklands that night, I think it'd get some big support. As the posted article suggests, of the stadia in Sydney and Melbourne, the Showgrounds is probably the best one to host an Xmas day game with the anticipated smaller crowds.

This is why I don’t understand why people think the players will be so against a Christmas game. There’s always a team travelling that day anyway. Not really a massive deal for the Strikers considering 10 of the players are from interstate/overseas.

Don't assume that because you don't like it and it's not perfect for you, others won't love it and think it's great for them.

Have a look at the ticket sales for Christmas Eve, when people don’t have as many commitments.

Christmas Day would be even smaller when people have other commitments.

TV networks know this too and play dead, because they know no one watches TV Christmas Day.

Have a look at the ticket sales for Christmas Eve, when people don’t have as many commitments.

Christmas Day would be even smaller when people have other commitments.

TV networks know this too and play dead, because they know no one watches TV Christmas Day.

No one watches TV on Xmas day because there's bugger all on apart from replays of home alone.

I’m amazed they even got 10,000 for the Sydney derby, as if you put one of your showcase fixtures on Christmas Eve. In this country Christmas Eve is just as big as Christmas Day.

Can the Melbourne derby on New Year’s Day hit 80,000 again? Last year it was ruined by a ridiculously hot 44 degree day and the year before was almost rained out, forecast looks perfect so will be interesting to see if they can match the 2016 crowd. Shame the stars are garbage.

I’m amazed they even got 10,000 for the Sydney derby, as if you put one of your showcase fixtures on Christmas Eve. In this country Christmas Eve is just as big as Christmas Day.

Can the Melbourne derby on New Year’s Day hit 80,000 again? Last year it was ruined by a ridiculously hot 44 degree day and the year before was almost rained out, forecast looks perfect so will be interesting to see if they can match the 2016 crowd. Shame the stars are garbage.

Will depends if the Stars can win tomorrow night and Renegades pull off another upset Saturday night, both teams in winning form will help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back