Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Visro

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2000
You guys and gals better hope the following is not true!! :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freo eyes Judge as new coach

By Kim Hagdorn

Sunday, August 19, 2001

KEN Judge could emerge as a candidate to coach Fremantle if he is sacked by the West Coast Eagles.

Former Eagles captain Steve Malaxos, an assistant to Rodney Eade at Sydney, and Eagles assistant Robert Wiley will also consider applying for the job.

And Dockers caretaker coach Ben Allan said last week he would consider taking an assistant's role if his services were required by the new coach.

Newly appointed Dockers chief executive Cameron Schwab would not rule out a move on Judge if he was sacked next month.

Judge narrowly missed winning Fremantle's senior position when Gerard Neesham was appointed for the Dockers' inaugural season in 1995.

He was targeted three years later to replace Neesham but was in the middle of a four-season stint with Hawthorn.

Speculation continues to rage that Judge will be replaced by Eagles ''favourite son'' John Worsfold, who is serving his apprenticeship as an assistant at Carlton.

Worsfold admitted he had heard the rumours but denied any deal has been struck.

Schwab declared Fremantle would not approach Judge while he was tied to West Coast.

''We've said the same thing about Neale Daniher at Melbourne, Danny Frawley with Richmond, Rodney Eade at Sydney. They are all contracted,'' he said.

Schwab is believed to have already spoken to Hawthorn assistant Chris Connolly. Essendon's Mark Harvey is another leading contender on a preliminary coaching hit list.

Wiley said his appetite for head coaching had grown since he withdrew from the race to replace Neesham three years ago.

''I certainly feel I have the credentials to be a senior coach after 12 years as an assistant,'' Wiley said.

Malaxos has been assistant to Eade for three seasons and believes he is ready to be a senior coach.

''I'll apply and if I make the short list, I'd have a real go at getting the job,'' he said.

Judge will have his shaky tenure decided over the next fortnight.

It was only two years ago that he was the toast of West Coast management when he was secured to replace dual premiership coach Mick Malthouse and undertake a massive rebuilding program of the once-mighty Eagles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, it is written by Kim Hagdorn who will try anything to make news, even if it isn't in the remotest bit true! Who do you Freo fans want as a new coach anyway, Mark Harvey?

Dont know about anyone else, but my 2 top are
Dermott Brereton and
Mark Harvey
these are after a "been there done that" coach tho....

Originally posted by Visro
Freo eyes Judge as new coach

Now that would be a good way to set Fremantles development back a further 5 years

Look, it's probably not true, especially given Hagdorn as the source as he is in fact Ken Judge's recruitment manager ("Daniel Kerr won't play for the Eagles unless Judge is the coach" - oh please, yes I'm sure any WA 18 year old would refuse to play for John Worsfold on principle).

But on the other hand...........Judge used to coach East Fremantle........Fremantle need a coach to rebuild them.........he's good with the young players......he's an experienced coach, not one of these Johnny(Worsfold)ComeLately assistants......

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

But on the other hand...........Judge used to coach East Fremantle........Fremantle need a coach to rebuild them.........he's good with the young players......he's an experienced coach, not one of these Johnny(Worsfold)ComeLately assistants......

Very good points VoR. Why the hell would Freo want Worsfold?

Ooohhh ok, we'll let you have Ken, afterall you let us have Harding...

After the game against PA, anyone can coach the Eagles better than Judge. I hope they sack KJ and he ends up the road at the Dorkers.

A useless coach for a useless club like the purple frocker shockers

It's ok, let them rant ...

Originally posted by Goldenblue
After the game against PA, anyone can coach the Eagles better than Judge. I hope they sack KJ and he ends up the road at the Dorkers.

A useless coach for a useless club like the purple frocker shockers

It's all right kids, let goldenblue and his eagles cronies be bitter.

We must just try and understand, I mean ...

If our side had lost 10 of our 22 games by 10 goals +, we'd be bitter too.

If our side lost our games with an average losing margin of 66 points, and had the worst attack, and worst defence statistically as well - we'd be bitter too.

Then, to top it all off, they look like they want to appoint Woosha to coach - lets see, an untired coach, that was a champion for their club - how do they go?

Ask Kevin Bartlett, Wayne Schimmulbbush (sp?) and Tony Shaw how well that plan works.

So all up, let the wet toasters be bitter and rant, I mean it must be hard seeing that squad of players, the lack of up and coming talent and their coaching situation - topped off by a 100 point hiding to remember through the summer. :(

The poor blighters, all they have is to abuse us mindlessly, so be like me and smile and nod, knowing it could be worse - we could be them. ;)

The smart money is on Malaxos for the Dockers and as for Judge, I don't honestlt think he is going to go anywhere.

Too much money required to pay out his contract ...

But Big Steve has been impressive as an assistant at the Swans for the last two years, don't be surprised to see him be the best performed applicant.

If he doesn't at least make the shortlist, I'll be gob-smacked.

Which of course will create a vacancy at the Swans - welcome back home Damian Drum !

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back