Roast Be brave with ball movement

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does this come from? Scott was under Harvey, not Lyon.

And he always refers back to Leigh Matthews (who he played under) for his thoughts and understanding of the game.
Big Footy folklore.
You know if you say it three times it has to be true*.

*Duncan threw a chair. Duncan threw a chair. Duncan threw a chair.

Where does this come from? Scott was under Harvey, not Lyon.

And he always refers back to Leigh Matthews (who he played under) for his thoughts and understanding of the game.

Think he made it pretty obvious in his own words.

To be fair the bois in the first half of Lions game looked to run the ball which was good but final delivery was poor, and 2nd half we went into our shell a bit esp the last few min of the 3rd Q and most of the last now that would have been an instruction to slow the game down which almost worked except last 8 min of the game...

Yes, I liked the bit where he said "I am a Ross Lyon disciple and model my game plan on his"

He mentioned Clarkson in that conversation too. Does that mean he's a Clarkson disciple too?

Could it be that he was alluding to their elder statesman roles and success as coaches?

Article states Scott spent 3 years under Lyon.... I think you can dismiss everything it says.

Yep. It was wrong when Emu first read it, and it is still wrong now.
Emu is generally a smart (and somewhat antagonistic) poster. In this case, he may have missed the actual video footage. I actually watched the press conference and remember that CS was giving credit to other coaches for being quite experienced and good coaches. I dont actually recall him doing this for Dimma though... 😆

The important point is he views Ross Lyon as a mentor - direct quote... What has Ross done except produce slow ugly football and get sacked for not achieving the lists potential and communicating properly. He made a gf big deal, he should not be used as an example and the fact Chris Scott talked about him in the same breath as Clarkson is scary. I am aware he did not work directly under him but he talks as if he has a big influence on his style.

The important point is he views Ross Lyon as a mentor - direct quote... What has Ross done except produce slow ugly football and get sacked for not achieving the lists potential and communicating properly. He made a gf big deal, he should not be used as an example and the fact Chris Scott talked about him in the same breath as Clarkson is scary. I am aware he did not work directly under him but he talks as if he has a big influence on his style.
Sorry mate, you're wrong again. The journo wrote mentor. Nowhere did Scott say that.
He has never worked with Lyon.
You can't be a mentor if you have no contact with the person you are supposedly mentoring.

Second only perhaps to not selecting a ruck, our stagnant style was let to our poor performance last night.

Way too slow. We occasionally try to play on from a mark, but it seems to be with little purpose.

I cannot even recall one occasion of a player running past the marker / free kick recipient for the handball. That's how you can break lines or at least go forward with momentum.

It's a s**t style and it simply has to stop.

You’re asking the players that setup in the preseason to play a certain way, a way that’s got them to the top of the ladder, a way that hides/lessens a lot of there differences, to just change everything now? It’s simply not going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re asking the players that setup in the preseason to play a certain way, a way that’s got them to the top of the ladder, a way that hides/lessens a lot of there differences, to just change everything now? It’s simply not going to happen.

We were a lot more daring in the first half of the year. This year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back