bluesteel

Debutant
Mar 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't know what else to do other than to warn the public that Budget Direct Car Insurance are exactly that a budget, hopeless car insurance company. my story is too long.....and I know this is a footy site, but I feel that it is my need to warn everyone...tell all your friends that you are only going to get stung by going with Budget Direct Insurance......6 weeks I have been waiting for my insurance payout 6 WEEKS....completely unnacceptable.....

tell me about it...it has been a very painful lesson to learn.....I now feel that it is my duty to warn everyone of this company.....I went with them at a time I was trying to save every cent.....don't get me wrong they are cheap......cheap on everything......EVERYTHING....I can't go to the footy this weekend because of this horrible company.......

i usually have a very long fuse.....they have successfully worn down my long fuse and especially when they have prevented me from going to the footy.......man they have cracked me big time....

There are guidelines the insurers have to adhere to, including their own business rules. Check your policy wording if you have one (or they will probably have one online) but if they have acted incorrectly in some way, follow up with their dispute resolution process which they should have- if they are still being cr*p threaten them with the financial services ombudsmen (1300 780 808)

There are guidelines the insurers have to adhere to, including their own business rules. Check your policy wording if you have one (or they will probably have one online) but if they have acted incorrectly in some way, follow up with their dispute resolution process which they should have- if they are still being cr*p threaten them with the financial services ombudsmen (1300 780 808)

You've got to throw in a threat about going to Today Tonight or A Current Affair as well.

Seriously though, if they have breached the General Insurance Code of Conduct in relation to timeframes, you should be speaking to a Team Leader/Team Manager & requesting resolution of the claim or referral to their internal dispute resolution team/department. Threatening to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service won't really have much impact, because ultimately the FOS will refer you back to the company's internal dispute process, if a determination hasn't already been made by the company.

Agreed- hence the reference to their internal processes- which would involve a dispute resolution process, but of course as you say if they dont move on this, mentioning the ombudsman can be rather useful- they would wish to avoid this, because it will cost them money (i work for an insurance company, and the importance of resolution internally is often discussed because of this very reason). Even if you dont call them (the ombudsman), if they know you understand your position and your rights, they may be more....pliable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Budget are useless. A man insured by Budget crashed into my parked car, writing it off. He claimed it wasn't his fault and it took about four months for me to get a payout and it only happened when I went to the Ombudsman.

Yep, Budget are useless. A man insured by Budget crashed into my parked car, writing it off. He claimed it wasn't his fault and it took about four months for me to get a payout and it only happened when I went to the Ombudsman.

This is ridiculous.
You should have received a payout from YOUR insurance company straight away. This is why you have insurance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back