Pets Beagles. Who has a Beagle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Recently bought a beagle. His name is Leo. We got him 2 weeks ago when he was 8 weeks old.. Pure breed. Learning well. He knows to sit, come and lay down, but damn he is stubborn. The NOSE!

And beagle training tips? We live on the 2nd floor of an Appartement which does make potty training hard on everyone, but it seems he's letting us know when he needs to s**t. Peeing is another story.

Recently bought a beagle. His name is Leo. We got him 2 weeks ago when he was 8 weeks old.. Pure breed. Learning well. He knows to sit, come and lay down, but damn he is stubborn. The NOSE!

And beagle training tips? We live on the 2nd floor of an Appartement which does make potty training hard on everyone, but it seems he's letting us know when he needs to s**t. Peeing is another story.
Great dogs. Intelligent and full of energy. Although they are prone to suffering withdrawal from being away from humans for too long. Good to keep them occupied and give them lots of attention.

No. I have two Jack Russells.

My dog was a Beagle, lived to 18, she was a beautiful dog; really affectionate and loyal, but very smart, quite stubborn at times, and completely led by her nose.
Admittedly I have never owned a beagle. But growing up for most of my life living next door to one, I feel just as close to them. And all these points you made are so accurate.

Personally I'm really interested in this kind of thread because I'm doing research into owning a dog myself. I have spent nearly two years deciding on what sort of dog.

Haha, he's cute as hell!

My dog was a Beagle, lived to 18, she was a beautiful dog; really affectionate and loyal, but very smart, quite stubborn at times, and completely led by her nose.

Edit - are you doing the grass mat training for toilet?
Everything you say is exactly what we have read, and are now experiencing for ourselves.

Toilet wise we are on the second floor in an Appartment so it's lots of trips downstairs to take him out but he's getting really good. We ended up getting a bigger kitty litter type set up on our terrace and since Thursday he's been doing everything there, BUT he's now turning 1 pee into 3 or 4 cause he knows he gets a treat when he does the right thing. Definitely a smart dog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back