Injury/Rehab Beak Ligament Injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello everyone, I mentioned probably a year ago now that I wasn't sure about playing AFL because I had been kicked in the hand the year before, coach and players all thought I had broken it, myself included. However that wasn't the case, so I decided not to play AFL that year because well there isn't much I can do with a stuffed hand is there.

Anyway moving on, I had an MRI done and it turns out I have a tear in the Beak Ligament that will be requiring a reconstruction of my right hand to fix - my preferred hand too :rolleyes:.

My main point of this post is to ask what can I do to stop the pain? Writing at school even sends some decent pain through it, and generally if I have a high writing amount class up first my hand is buggered for the rest of the day. Considered a laptop, however one of my teachers that has us write 4 pages each lesson says she would rather I don't type on a laptop, so there goes that option. Even right now if I move it the wrong way I can feel like a sharp pain that feels inbetween my thumb and wrist joint.

tl;dr - What can I do to fix hand pain with a torn Beak Ligament?

Thanks to everyone!

Hello everyone, I mentioned probably a year ago now that I wasn't sure about playing AFL because I had been kicked in the hand the year before, coach and players all thought I had broken it, myself included. However that wasn't the case, so I decided not to play AFL that year because well there isn't much I can do with a stuffed hand is there.

Anyway moving on, I had an MRI done and it turns out I have a tear in the Beak Ligament that will be requiring a reconstruction of my right hand to fix - my preferred hand too :rolleyes:.

My main point of this post is to ask what can I do to stop the pain? Writing at school even sends some decent pain through it, and generally if I have a high writing amount class up first my hand is buggered for the rest of the day. Considered a laptop, however one of my teachers that has us write 4 pages each lesson says she would rather I don't type on a laptop, so there goes that option. Even right now if I move it the wrong way I can feel like a sharp pain that feels inbetween my thumb and wrist joint.

tl;dr - What can I do to fix hand pain with a torn Beak Ligament?

Thanks to everyone!

Who gives a s**t what the teacher wants if you've got genuine cause for needing some sort of assistance due to an injury, get a laptop and tell her to go fornicate herself with an iron bar.

Who gives a s**t what the teacher wants if you've got genuine cause for needing some sort of assistance due to an injury, get a laptop and tell her to go fornicate herself with an iron bar.

I'm moving schools in a month and a half, at the new school interview we mentioned it and they immediately said they will supply a laptop for us. Ill coax it out for the rest of my time at this school. Thanks for the input.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back