News Beams back to Victoria, do we want him?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why I want to read it again. To see if my memory is accurate. Do you have the link to the interview?

He says in this interview that if the issues hadn't arose with his father he wouldn't have looked at moving. Also said Bucks was aware and Beams was open and transparent with him.

Edit:- Just re-read your post where you said it was a year after he left, seems you are referring to a different interview, my bad.

He says in this interview that if the issues hadn't arose with his father he wouldn't have looked at moving. Also said Bucks was aware and Beams was open and transparent with him.

Edit:- Just re-read your post where you said it was a year after he left, seems you are referring to a different interview, my bad.

Don't Need Him Anyway

What the premiership hero who held us over a barrel and helped Brisbane ream us without lube when he could just as easily gone to gold coast?

The same premiership hero who had talks with Brisbane halfway through the year because he wanted out?

Oh . . . that premiership hero! . . .

Yeah / nah . . couldn't care less.
Ream us without lube? For real? We walked away from that trade well ahead, even if it didn’t seem like it at the time to us plebs.

Ream us without lube? For real? We walked away from that trade well ahead, even if it didn’t seem like it at the time to us plebs.
Read the post above yours.

RESULTS are one thing.

We did well DESPITE the conniving of both parties.

That was NOT the intended outcome for either Beams or Bears.

Read the post above yours.

RESULTS are one thing.

We did well DESPITE the conniving of both parties.

That was NOT the intended outcome for either Beams or Bears.
I’m fairly certain Beams couldn’t care less about the trade cost as long as he got to Brisbane, so he got exactly the intended outcome. As for Brisbane, of course they wanted to pay less. Every club wants the best deal possible.

It’s been years since it happened, time to let it go Elsa.

NOT talking about RESULTS, talking about INTENTIONS.

We did well DESPITE the collusion and spite of Beams and the conniving of the Bears.

You're obviously privvy to some information that I'm not. My reading of the situation is simply that Beams wanted to move to the Lions and that the Lions wanted to recruit him. This all occurred at a fair and reasonable price after a bit of standard argy bargy between each clubs recruiting departments.

I’m okay with Beams leaving for personal reasons, but he had to come to the B&F.

We dealt with Lumumba. I’m sure we could have dealt with a sane premiership hero who wanted to return home to be with his sick dad.....

No thanks to beams. His reasons for leaving were fine, but his exit was disgraceful. Wouldn’t want him back to enjoy the success of people he pissed on when he was leaving. Let go to Carlton or Essendrugs. Hopefully he goes to a team that misses out on finals.

Great player but not sure why he would come back to us. The friends he had outside of Sidey are gone and unlike someone like Gaz he really doesn't hold a place in supporters hearts. Unless he is a really, really good bloke and his departure has been hanging over him, can't see why it would be worth the trouble.

Carlton seem like a better fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player but not sure why he would come back to us. The friends he had outside of Sidey are gone and unlike someone like Gaz he really doesn't hold a place in supporters hearts. Unless he is a really, really good bloke and his departure has been hanging over him, can't see why it would be worth the trouble.

Carlton seem like a better fit

Carlton be Desperate for the Beams Type

We won this trade by the length of the straight
De Goey has become an unstoppable force and alone would still be better than Beams going forward.
Crisp has given outstanding service and is in career best form
We could have done even better still with a good selection at pick 25 rather than trading it for Greenwood
but maybe I’m just being greedy

The people that say no thanks or that are still bitter will be the first to stand up off the seats and give him a round of applause if he took the field for us next season....

The people that say no thanks or that are still bitter will be the first to stand up off the seats and give him a round of applause if he took the field for us next season....
Why would he leave the Brions when they are finally showing something?

Why would he leave the Brions when they are finally showing something?

Not every decision you make is for "footballing reasons".
Seems to be the case with Beams' decisions so far in his career.

Wouldn't have left us if his dad was not ill.
Now he is facing the dilemma of "happy wife, happy life" in terms of a return to Victoria if the speculation is accurate- which has not been refuted by the player or his management who continue to use the words "at this stage".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back