Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
OMG have you guys seen this!!!!

zURV9Ea1.gif

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I find this sort of post very concerning and it always disturbs me to see posters I generally respect engaging in it. As a result of bioaccumulation and their dietary preferencess, the rich will build up heavy metals in their fat tissue and consequently eating them could be dangerous bordering on toxic. Better to compost the rich, as plants will avoid taking up the heavy metals and just leave you with the healthful nutrients.

Piss off vegan ;)

Ah, the greatest generation and World War II... when Australia knew a problem was big enough that even though our overall contribution of manpower would be fairly insignificant, it was worth trying to make a difference and - surprise, surprise - we did. How come it's their kids that seem to have forgotten that and don't want to do their part until everyone else does.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ah, the greatest generation and World War II... when Australia knew a problem was big enough that even though our overall contribution of manpower would be fairly insignificant, it was worth trying to make a difference and - surprise, surprise - we did. How come it's their kids that seem to have forgotten that and don't want to do their part until everyone else does.
One thing it's taken me a long time to learn is that you'll never win a political argument with someone who disagrees with you.

So why bother , it just ends up in abuse and trash talk.

Plus this labeling of particular generations being this or that is total nonsense .

Nearly everyone starts out left then changes ,mellows or conversely gets angrier as they get older and wiser or not. It's an individual thing.

The younger generation might surprise themselves as to where they end up.

We live in a democracy thankfully ,everyone these days particularly can have their say and in the end vote.

That's it.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah.

The things people get offended at these days just make me laugh which seems to aggravate those who seem to do a lot of thinking about why they should be offended more.

But back to Dayne . The only good thing is that we got the better of the Pies in a deal at last. Let's hope he overcomes his issues and gets back on the track. He played well enough in the games he played 2019.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Yeah.

The things people get offended at these days just make me laugh which seems to aggravate those who seem to do a lot of thinking about why they should be offended more.
Ok, probably opening a can of worms.

Depends whose getting offended, and who’s making the joke/doing the offending.

A lot people make jokes which are mean spirited, or rooted in prejudice.

Unless you genuinely know the origin of a joke that could be interpreted as prejudicial in some manner, I usually just leave them alone.

For example jokes about people with a form of learning impairment or physical disability. If the comedian is some one with such an impairment or disability, that’s cool, because he has ownership, if you understand what I mean. Otherwise it’s sometimes difficult to tell if someone is trying to be funny, being mean spirited, or outright prejudicial but hiding behind a “joke”.

As someone with an Asian wife, I can see the funny side of rangatangtang’s video. But I’ve also experienced the same joke as a genuine form of racism.

I know asians who would take ownership of such a joke, but I also know asians who would find it offensive.

I’m not about to tell someone what they should or shouldn’t find offensive in such a situation.

Once “black face” was a form of comedy on our tv’s.

Where do we draw the line of what’s acceptable and what isn’t? And who has the “right” to say what’s acceptable to others here, or not? (Well Chief of course).

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This thread is dead!

It’s not pinin!
It’s passed on!
This thread is no more!
It’s ceased to be!
It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
It's a stiff!
Bereft of life, It rests in peace!
If you hadn't bumped it it'd be pushing up the daisies!
Its metabolic processes are now 'istory!
It's off the twig!
It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

THIS IS AN EX-THREAD!!

zdownload.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back