Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed maturity, culture and leadership. Adding De Goey to our list at that stage would have ended badly.

Not suggesting we made the wrong call by any Beams. But I’m not sure Beams was what you’d call a genuine leader back when we recruited him. Or that he would have helped a great deal with culture at the time.

I love Beama and would be sad to see him go. But would totally understand.

Not suggesting we made the wrong call by any Beams. But I’m not sure Beams was what you’d call a genuine leader back when we recruited him. Or that he would have helped a great deal with culture at the time.

And yet he did ;)

Of course and who is to say that he would have stayed here that whole time.

A lot of ifs to my post given Crisp may not have stayed too, but there is conflicting reports on whether he would have returned to Melbourne if he wasn't part of the trade.
There was a lot of noise coming from Leppa and co , saying how Aish was a required player and will never be up for the Beams trade.
There was never anything said about Crisp being a required player for us, Crisp was on record for saying he is happy to stay and he would also be for a trade.
Maybe he really wanted to go, who knows.
I don't think Beams coming a year early did us any long term favours, made us feel good at the end of the day, with a little disapointment in the fact we also lost a first round pick and a best 22 player for little

I lost my dad coming up on two months ago, some days I feel like crap, some days I am fine. Do whatever you think is right for you Binga.

Sorry to hear mate. Went through the same two days before Christmas 2016. Still feel a bit lost some days.

I don't think Beams coming a year early did us any long term favours, made us feel good at the end of the day, with a little disapointment in the fact we also lost a first round pick and a best 22 player for little

Actually I think it did as a big favour, though inadvertently - the following year was the first year of being able to trade future first rounders. Given Beams' form at Collingwood compared to guys that went for multiple first round picks (usually with later picks going back the other way), I think 5 + 25 + an ok player was a bargain compared to pick 2 + pick 2 + some picks coming back.

Sorry to hear mate. Went through the same two days before Christmas 2016. Still feel a bit lost some days.
That sense of loss never goes away, I lost my dad in February 2013 to AML and I still occasionally have it pop into my head for a split second "I should go and visit the old man today" My mum is 81 now but still going strong, active, goes for daily long walks, is on no medication and still very mentally aware, eats very healthily. She lives with her 84 year old sister, they do fine looking after themselves, I visit them at least once a week. The sister is reasonably healthy but has been a heavy smoker all her life.

Mortality has a lot to do with genetics IMO, I know people who have abused their bodies and live into their 80s and then a couple of health nuts who have died a lot earlier. I'd still rather feel healthy and be active and live to say 75 and suddenly drop dead of a massive aneurysm than feel like s**t and drag myself around and live to 85. I could change my mind when I get there though, your never know till you experience it.

Enough deep and meaningful, Beamer is going nowhere.

If his mum is in Victoria then I think he'll go.......now his dad has gone he may feel the need to be near his mum all the more. His wife is from Vic? If so, then it all makes sense, let the grandparents enjoy their grandkids.......and to be near the parents for both of them.

I think he will know he is towards the end of his career, and how much longer his body is going to hold up. I'm not sure another interstate move would overly be needed, especially if they are settled up here. Family is a big one, but considering he might only have a few years left they could easily leave it until he is done and move back then.

Who really knows, either way i'll be happy with him doing what is right for him and his family though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes our pursuit of an experienced inside mid even more critical.

Just finished listening to that interview.

Mark Robinson- So you will be playing out the rest of your career in Brisbane

Dayne Beams- At this stage.

Revealed he had a cry after the weekends game, where he kicked his goal was where is dad used to sit, he wished his dad could have been there to see it. Cam Rayner come up to him in the sheds and put his arm around him.

I think like hodge has had a greater impact than Dayne as a leader and teacher.

Hodge has come onto a steadied ship. Beams was crucial when our culture and leadership was very tenuous. Shouldn’t be understated.

Beams was full of praise for the Lions during this difficult time, adding: "I'm lucky that I've got really good teammates. Cam Rayner is an 18-year-old kid; he came and sat down next to me and put his arm around me. It just shows the culture and environment we’re building at the footy club."

Jeez make a grown man cry dammit :(

Geez completely understandable but not ideal for the club itself. What's he worth in the market for this draft? Mid-Late first round?
If any positives can be taken if he leaves this year it probably allows us to get both Curtis Taylor and Thomas Berry.

I think that we are all understating his value.
He still has some good years ahead, and after his last 6 weeks of footy, teams in their window should be crying out for someone of his ability. And pay accordingly.
We should be asking for a really good mid in the 23 to 26 yr age bracket with development still left in their game. Plus a pick as well.
Love the way Sam Menengola goes about it, but I am sure he will not leave Geelong.
If it was to be picks alone, then we shouldn’t accept a pick outside the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back