Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie ...........> Gargamel ...........> Stalin..............> Aish........> Hitler.....

Where is Genghis Khan in this post? Mao starved 45 million and killed goodness only how many more. Possibly Eddie isn't quite in their league but Aish?????

It’s not exactly a winning play. I doubt the ‘freo did it’ explanation is fully true but it certainly is convenient for their strategy to get a teens pick from us.

I tend to think beams’ camp might have been discussing this but it got out earlier than they wanted. Fagan seemed genuinely very surprised this morning.
I really think Beams is a bit up and down ,one day he feels something ,maybe a week or two later he feels something else . To me his speech at the B/F was more an outcry of desperate resignation than what it appeared and it's likely he'd prefer to be in Melbourne . Those close to him know this , maybe his manager has been exploring options.

But there's no way Collingwood would part with a lot and they have to squeeze him in . I think he's between a rock and a hard place with all this ,it cost us the world to get him and he's been injured a fair while , we're entitled to expect more back than what others would be prepared to pay.

I hope we don't submit just like Schache ,Aish , Polec and all the others. When was the last time we were on the right end of a great deal ? Probably Mal Michael.

I think if Beams genuinely wants to get back to Melbourne we need to look at all options and see who would be prepared to deal

Yes, it is somewhere...I had to look at the time, but I think it's on the trade thread....either that one or this.

Dlions ... No, wrong!! I saw it on Lions twitter.

I've looked at so many Lions things today, I forget where I saw what!:huh:

Last edited:
I really think Beams is a bit up and down ,one day he feels something ,maybe a week or two later he feels something else . To me his speech at the B/F was more an outcry of desperate resignation than what it appeared and it's likely he'd prefer to be in Melbourne . Those close to him know this , maybe his manager has been exploring options.

But there's no way Collingwood would part with a lot and they have to squeeze him in . I think he's between a rock and a hard place with all this ,it cost us the world to get him and he's been injured a fair while , we're entitled to expect more back than what others would be prepared to pay.

I hope we don't submit just like Schache ,Aish , Polec and all the others. When was the last time we were on the right end of a great deal ? Probably Mal Michael.

I think if Beams genuinely wants to get back to Melbourne we need to look at all options and see who would be prepared to deal

But if he needs it for his life, why only Collingwood? We could, potentially, get a great deal from another Melb club.

If he really needs it for his family, why limit the ability to get back to Melb with only one club in play.
honestly not second guessing the guy. Assume he would still have a lot of mates still at the magpies.
So probably feel best to go with things he already knows. He has probably had the worst year of his life personally.
I think a lot of people are pretty poor about understanding people with going through problems.

I know it screws us magpies only. I gather other melb clubs would want him and we get a better deal.
I get banned for this but there is life outside of footy :)

So it's perfectly possible given his circumstances that Beams knows very little about this even though his preference is likely to be that he returns to Melbourne.

It's an unusual situation given his illness , but I believe Fagan's surprise was genuine in that he didn't believe anything would be in the public domain on this matter

honestly not second guessing the guy. Assume he would still have a lot of mates still at the magpies.
So probably feel best to go with things he already knows. He has probably had the worst year of his life personally.
I think a lot of people are pretty poor about understanding people with going through problems.

I know it screws us magpies only. I gather other melb clubs would want him and we get a better deal.
Im not questioning that there is a personal need, nor do i suggest we dont try to help him.

But he came here in a heavily front ended contract. We need to maximise any compensation. We need to be able to deal with all potential suitors.

Im not questioning that there is a personal need, nor do i suggest we dont try to help him.

But he came here in a heavily front ended contract. We need to maximise any compensation. We need to be able to deal with all potential suitors.
Yes screws us up heaps.. not only we paid over the years he been here.
He wants Collywobbles only and they had a good year and have a crap 1st rounder.

Beams would have mates his own age at Collingwood unlike here which I imagine would be appealing

.I am sure Saints, Blues or Roos will be on the blower to Connors.

Part of me wants him to stay but the other part wants to end all this never ending ........am I coming am I going which will continue for 2 yrs. Would a pick 5 and Beams be enough to get a Walsh and some other sweetener?

Things I believe:

1. Dayne remains in an iffy place mentally, and doesn't really want to make long-term declarations right now because he knows his mindset could change
  2. Damien "no-one calls me so mostly I just make stuff up" Barrett would totally make something up/exaggerate a rumour for maximum exposure without regards to the human consequences
  3. It would be no bad thing if people started calling in when Barrett does a phone-in segment on TR. Making stuff up is hard, it would surely help if more of us helped him do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could collingwoods first rounder be up for grabs just not for Beams but for picks to help with academy bidding?

Maybe purple had solid mail but made a wrong assumption.

He might very well want to get to Collingwood but unfortunately for Dayne they have absolutely nothing to sell us. The fact that his manager won't say he has asked for a trade is because he knows it can't be done.

All we do as a club is say he is contracted and we want a pick inside the top 10. The Pies have no chance of getting such a pick. Swans don't have a first round pick anymore and will only offer 2nd round picks for Langdon or future picks.

Langdon to Fremantle is there only chance and even then they would have to give Fremantle a 2nd round pick as well. We would get Neale for Beams and keep pick 5.

I just can't see it happening. The Pies got torn apart in the GF by Kennedy - Darling - Vardy and Riewoldt kicked 5 on them in the Prelim. So what do they do get rid of there best defender in the finals in Langdon and replace him with another mid! Would be the worst piece list managing I can think of.

F me. Freo (= Bell) has started a rumour about a guy who has been open about his mental health struggle this year to strengthen his bargaining point with our club. What a king sized a-hole. I really hope someone calls him out pubically in the media for this - put him under pressure and give him a taste of what he has dished out.

Far out. Not acceptable AT ALL.

I shouted that last bit.

Dodongo is surprised people want to go to that sh*tstain of a club. Hogan and Lobb can really do better.

Beams would have mates his own age at Collingwood unlike here which I imagine would be appealing

.I am sure Saints, Blues or Roos will be on the blower to Connors.

Part of me wants him to stay but the other part wants to end all this never ending ........am I coming am I going which will continue for 2 yrs. Would a pick 5 and Beams be enough to get a Walsh and some other sweetener?
Like Schache last year I felt for the kid and Dayne..
Although as fans do we need one of these every year..
Dayne already said he wants home in 2 years.. so if not this year it be news all next year.
Then if he says he really really loves us and happy.. it still be news for ever when they need a back page splash.
Gets to the point where not sure its healthy for anyone.

Look at demons fans Hogan always going.

Like Schache last year I felt for the kid and Dayne..
Although as fans do we need one of these every year..
Dayne already said he wants home in 2 years.. so if not this year it be news all next year.
Then if he says he really really loves us and happy.. it still be news for ever when they need a back page splash.
Gets to the point where not sure its healthy for anyone.

Look at demons fans Hogan always going.

You are right. If Beams stays Dodongo can see the same s**t next year. It won't be good for Dayne. Dodongo hates to say this but Dodongo hopes for Dayne's own well being that he asks for a trade next week.

If Beams leaves Dodongo would think the trade will be 2018 and 2019 first for and steaknives to help the ferals get their father/sons.
I say be a 3 way with Freo to get Neale including Langdon this years first another player who get pushed out by beams.. Sier maybe?..
and they get back something from us or Freo for there father sons.
could be a swap for this years 3rd from us for next years 2nd or somthinge.

I say be a 3 way with Freo to get Neale including Langdon this years first another player who get pushed out by beams.. Sier maybe?..

Dodongo wants the deal completely separate to Fremantle and it will be if Noble stays firm

In anycase Dodongo can see the ferals sliding back next year. This year was more of a fluke.

Freo get pick 5 and Langdon? Pies get Beams? Lions get Neale? So basically giving up Beams AND 5 for Neale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back