Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope just someone who has had both anger issues and addiction issues.

I can trace both to reasons other than "I want attention and a get out of jail card for just being an arsehole".
That is a very good answer. Good on ya for looking into the root causes.

Working in the industry. Yes, poor emotional regulation is related to childhood attachment issues with primary caregiver.

Getting two picks in the teens (even though we gave up some picks in the 40s) is a bargain basement deal for Beamsy and evens the scales a little from the rip off we paid for him all those years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how bad it would affect his mental health if we lifted the cup this year? Don't think he would take it too well.

Nasty post. Be better.

Wonder how bad it would affect his mental health if we lifted the cup this year? Don't think he would take it too well.
I think he'll be fine, he has much more important things to worry about, in fact I think he'd be happy for us, he has a lot of mates up here and a lot of the young guys still keep in contact with him.

If you listen to all of the talk at the time of the trade.
Beams wanted to go back to Melbourne because that is where he now calls home and for family and health reasons that is where he wanted to be!
So on that, I think he would be happy for the Lions to be doing well this season. Just not when they play Collingwood!

You got to admit we seem to have a great habit of offloading ageing A-graders just at the right moment for maximum value (Rockliff, Hanley, Beams)
I think the “leadership” vacuum created by Rocky leaving must have supported and aided the pursuit of Hodge. Of many fine decisions made by our AFL-endorsed duo, that was pure genius. They have had Hodge able to support & reinforce every key message as an AFL legend and reasonable quality player even now, you simply can’t buy that.

I think the “leadership” vacuum created by Rocky leaving must have supported and aided the pursuit of Hodge. Of many fine decisions made by our AFL-endorsed duo, that was pure genius. They have had Hodge able to support & reinforce every key message as an AFL legend and reasonable quality player even now, you simply can’t buy that.
Kind of ironic that Rockliff sought out Hodge as a mentor when on that International Series tour 12 months earlier.

You got to admit we seem to have a great habit of offloading ageing A-graders just at the right moment for maximum value (Rockliff, Hanley, Beams)

That’s the one thing that seems to get overlooked whenever I hear comments around the “Brisbane Blueprint”

Draft Metro boys, pair mates up, identify under appreciated talents etc. But we’ve methodically moved on older players with good value, to put us in a position to capital to do the above. Done it over multiple years too, so it doesn’t feel like an exodus (Redden could be included too)

Gutsy decisions really, can’t see too many other willing to follow that path. Would be like Sydney trading Rampe, Parker and Lloyd over the next few years to rejuvenate their list.

However it corrected our list demographic, now it feels like we’re setup for a substainable period of success

I've been posting about the Crows supposedly going to move on some of their older players Eddie Betts etc, in the other Non-Lions thread, more about Eddie though really......but it sounds like Crows are wanting to do just what you are saying above. We seem to have started a trend.

Beams, Rockliff and all the others can suffer in their jocks, we now have the right team because they all left.....I thank each and every one of them but hope they are watching with regrets. (Redden and Yeo excluded)

...which reminds me....how come Rockliff isn't getting games over at Port? I heard he's not injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back