Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years later and I still don't know exactly what Rocky did to become such an unpopular figure. Can someone please share?

See how our club is now a united family with no cliques or perceived pecking orders. Genuine brotherly love and care throughout the whole group. Players wanting to stick around and be part of it all.

It’s not an accident.

The beer tastes better too.

The only comparable example I can think of is Stkilda letting Goddard, Dal Santo and McEvoy. Which hasn’t went so well
I think that's quite similar, but the difference is we had a better organization in place to take advantage (eventually).

Yes all trust with Rocky was quickly eroded following the infamous Pie incident of ‘15

That was the incident that told me I was right.....he got way too much satifaction watching Browny trying to eat that pie......and Browny was stupid for eating it, he should have shoved it in Toms face!

Last edited:
See how our club is now a united family with no cliques or perceived pecking orders. Genuine brotherly love and care throughout the whole group. Players wanting to stick around and be part of it all.

It’s not an accident.

Fair enough.

I guess I find it kind of difficult to believe that one person could have that much of a detrimental effect on a professional organisation for such a long period of time with very little (if any) media scrutiny.

Fair enough.

I guess I find it kind of difficult to believe that one person could have that much of a detrimental effect on a professional organisation for such a long period of time with very little (if any) media scrutiny.

It only takes one person to create havoc.......saw it years ago at work, she undermined everyone. Wonderful to our faces but bitched as soon as away from us. In the end no-one knew who to trust, who to talk too or what to believe. It was a shocking enviroment to work in..

..The big boss woke up to her and she left. The difference around the place was incredible, instant too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough.

Won't be a lot of media scrutiny for an irrelevant football team playing an irrelevant sport. There is always a lot of things that don't escape the 4 walls of club land. Rocky, Redden and Hanley were the golden 3, none of them are at the club now. There was certainly an inner group at the club that had a detrimental impact to our culture. I think Redden at some point woke up and left. Was certainly enough smoke around the other 2.

true just a bunch of campaigners who have come out o f the woodwork after collecting a bunch wooden spoons this century - forgetting who smacked them in their own back yard :p
I guess if we used the 32 years since the Bears/Lions started as a guide our 3 premierships to your 2 probably gives a true reflection of each club. 2002 & 2003 where pretty good reflections and I could be wrong but Collingwood seemed to have their arses handed to them in both years on their home ground.

Doesn't look good for the "most" powerful club in the land does it??

Last edited:
true just a bunch of campaigners who have come out o f the woodwork after collecting a bunch wooden spoons this century - forgetting who smacked them in their own back yard :p
Just another example of why everyone hates Collingwood. Would not call ONE spoon a bunch would you? Piss off back to your own board and take your crack pipe with you, inbred tosser.

If I remember correctly, didn’t Buckley leave the Lions to join the Pies because he wanted to win flags, then we won three in a row? Also one of those flags involved your mob?

Also we will totally forget that every time someone gets something outside of Victoria, that isn’t Collingwood, your club president cries like a little baby.

I’ll also forget that your mob hadn’t been the best team for a few years until last years grand final where Collingwood choked.

You came onto this thread to try and win some cheap brownie points and it’s not working, as my boy Filthy Frank once said - it’s time to stop.

P.S. Don’t talk down to others in regards to spelling or grammar when you can’t proof read your own posts.

I never liked him from the start, there was just something about him ....came across to me as sly.
Rockliff was “Mr. Kick it to me! Kick it to me!” Especially with the younger players. Played for himself, would get plenty of useless touches and we’d get smashed in the middle week in and week out. Kicking lacked penetration. Take your pick. Neale or Lyons are way better individually and in terms of what they bring to the team.

Pies fan DESTROYS lions bandwagoners with facts and logic.

Warning: The following post contains gratuitous content that some Collingwood supporters will find “triggering” when it is read to them. 3KZ is Football recommends parental guidance if you can rustle them out of the Pub or TAB.

I reckon Anthony Rocca’s was robbed in the 2002 GF. It was a goal! Speaking of goals, it warms my heart still to see “Unsteady Eddie’s” face when Aker kicked the sealer in the 2002 GF. Also, thank you Collingwood for the 2003 GF. Whenever I feel “blue” I just skip to the bit where Shaw poos his pants when he sees Alastair Lynch running at him. LOL CITY! Did “Neon Leon” play in either of those Finals? I don’t recall seeing him. You have given us so much, we felt we had to repay you with the Beams trade to Brisbane, but generous as ever, Collingwood has repaid us with double kindness. I wonder which CHAMPION we will pick up with your first round draft pick? Please football gods, let it be a Brownlow Medallist! While we are on the subject of Collingwood, have they introduced a “Must Be a Complete Tool Bro Policy” under Buckley this year? One player is suspended for betting on games, another returns a “hot” random drug test and a third is recovering from injury and plays in a mates z-grade basketball team under the name of “Phil Inn” and then lies to the club about it. Working through the list nicely. Have Collingwood got Alan Didak back at the club as a “Common Sense Coach?” Did some great work early in the season with your Club President -https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10955820
My word is players are looking forward to going straight out if the finals this year so they can get on the gas and get up to some hijinx.

Last edited:

😂😂🤣OMG! So funny!🤣😆😂
Apparently Shaw has been running that as a drill at North Melbourne under the premise that if you can’t be a good footballer you can still “make ‘em laugh!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back