Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodongo has thought about it more and Dodongo thinks if he does leave - it will be to retire. It's clear he has lost his passion. Dodongo is not sure he will get it back.

Maybe he is torn between grieving, wanting to stay and help support his mum and his wife wanting to go home.....all that would make you depressed.

Dodongo has thought about it more and Dodongo thinks if he does leave - it will be to retire. It's clear he has lost his passion. Dodongo is not sure he will get it back.
His Dad was also one of the main reasons he plays footy.

Maybe he is torn between grieving, wanting to stay and help support his mum and his wife wanting to go home.....all that would make you depressed.

Pretty sure his mum is in Melbourne.

His Dad was also one of the main reasons he plays footy.

That's why Dodongo thinks he might retire. Dodongo does hope he gets his passion back and the club will give him time to grieve and get his mojo back and rediscover himself, but Dodongo won't be surprised if he doesn't.

Its June and trade period is October. Even if it is true and not being seriously exaggerated there is a lot of water to go under the bridge. But until we hit September and someone other than Tom Browne (who is easily the stupidest afl journo) also reports it, I'd say nothing to see here just yet. I think Browne said that his wife wants to move back 'before' the second child was born, which is going to be a bit difficult without a mid-season trade period ;)

Given his age I don't think we'd get anything more than a very late 1st/early second. Maybe a future pick is the way to overcome it but we shouldn't stand in his way if that is his call at the end of the year.

We knew in June when he was coming up we also know in June that Charlie was coming up.

I don't think we should stand in his way, but some pressure needs to go back onto him - surely his wife could tough it out 2-3 more years in brissy so he can honour his commitment to our process and move back home to Melbourbe for the next 60 years once the kids are hitting kinder age?

Again.. yes, let's grant him his wish, but given we are trying to keep this list together its less than ideal if he decides to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should get all the interstate boys to marry local Brisbane girls to stop them going home. Set up an Academy for future wives of Lions players.

I seem to remember people wanting to set up Schache and Tanya for retention (and tall athletic kids) ... apart from the fact that neither of them are in Brisbane and we didn't quite make it into Father-Son territory it would have worked out great.

Actually - is there a Mother-Daughter rule in for the AFLW and how many games is the qualifying amount?

Robbo reporting BS. Swanny chatted to Bombers, Connors and Beams.

Same Robbo who said in 2014 that Beams was staying at Collingwood “take it to the bank”.

Hopefully he is right this time but I’m not as soothed by that as I’d like to be.

I seem to remember people wanting to set up Schache and Tanya for retention (and tall athletic kids) ... apart from the fact that neither of them are in Brisbane and we didn't quite make it into Father-Son territory it would have worked out great.

And for the fact that Tayla doesn’t swing that way.

Robbo reporting BS. Swanny chatted to Bombers, Connors and Beams.

Relevant part of the article:

"The Beams-out-of-Brisbane report first aired Monday on Channel 7 and was again reported on social media.

“It was raised twice,’’ Swann said. “The first time we didn’t bother with it and the next time it had a bit more detail about Essendon, so I thought I’d round this up and tie it in a nice little bow.’’

Swann spoke to Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro. “He said, ‘Mate, are you serious? We haven’t spoken to him’.’’

Swann then spoke to Connors.

“I asked him if any club had rung him about Beams and he said nobody.’’

Swann then called Beams.

“He said ‘It’s rubbish and as a matter of fact I’ll ring Paul to tell him to tell the media bloke to pull his head in’."

Same Robbo who said in 2014 that Beams was staying at Collingwood “take it to the bank”.

Hopefully he is right this time but I’m not as soothed by that as I’d like to be.

The alleged quote from Swann/Beams is pretty emphatic. Maybe he changes this mind but I'm confident Tom browne is just stirring s**t

Relevant part of the article:

"The Beams-out-of-Brisbane report first aired Monday on Channel 7 and was again reported on social media.

“It was raised twice,’’ Swann said. “The first time we didn’t bother with it and the next time it had a bit more detail about Essendon, so I thought I’d round this up and tie it in a nice little bow.’’

Swann spoke to Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro. “He said, ‘Mate, are you serious? We haven’t spoken to him’.’’

Swann then spoke to Connors.

“I asked him if any club had rung him about Beams and he said nobody.’’

Swann then called Beams.

“He said ‘It’s rubbish and as a matter of fact I’ll ring Paul to tell him to tell the media bloke to pull his head in’."

Well, I'm happy to take this at face value.

In the absence of credible infomation to the contrary, there seems little point in all this speculation.

If you're Dayne Beams and you're reading all this stuff, it wouldn't be doing a lot for your mental and emotional well being that everyone seems to be so concerned about .Have a bit of respect for the man

I vote close thread

So you’re not surprised the issue wasn’t mentioned on today’s Roar Deal with David Noble when it has been mentioned a lot on various news outlets in the past week(s)?:huh:

Why are you getting so personal Cousin Jed?

They said on the pod that they were recording it on Monday because David Noble is in adelaide during the break. So to then there had only been the one real mention in the media (the first Tom Browne 'scoop') and it was before he started it up again Monday night. So that would be why they didn't ask the question.

Not sure why you think Dom and Mike wouldn't ask David Noble about it - they asked directly about schache when they had the opportunity several times last year IIRC. At the very least I'm pretty sure they mentioned the first Tom Browne report a few weeks ago but maybe I'm mistaken.

They said on the pod that they were recording it on Monday because David Noble is in adelaide during the break. So to then there had only been the one real mention in the media (the first Tom Browne 'scoop') and it was before he started it up again Monday night. So that would be why they didn't ask the question.

Not sure why you think Dom and Mike wouldn't ask David Noble about it - they asked directly about schache when they had the opportunity several times last year IIRC. At the very least I'm pretty sure they mentioned the first Tom Browne report a few weeks ago but maybe I'm mistaken.
I don’t recall it being mentioned a few weeks back, hence my surprise, but you make a valid point why he didn’t ask Noble in this weeks podcast, perhaps it’ll be addressed next time.

The alleged quote from Swann/Beams is pretty emphatic. Maybe he changes this mind but I'm confident Tom browne is just stirring s**t

So what you're saying is, Browne is the new Purple, yeah? :thumbsu: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back