Rumour Beams move back to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting... explains the change from declaring his love for "all you boys" on stage at our end of season function and suddenly wearing a Pies shirt again.
Its a guernsey not a shirt . then again you are from Queensland, not much more to say

Its a guernsey not a shirt . then again you are from Queensland, not much more to say
Fine, he was wearing a "polo guernsey" on the interviews after signing. F&*k me you southerners are weird.

Fine, he was wearing a "polo guernsey" on the interviews after signing. F&*k me you southerners are weird.
Weird ? sayeth thou , The State that gave us the United Palmer Party and One Nation , did you get an invite to the National Rifle Association of America gig, looked like a great night at the strippers by the 2 outstanding citizens representing our country and parliament

The amount of players with gambling problems is ludicrous.

Too much money, too much energy, too much spare time and no real way to funnel it.

The AFL go on about mental health being their main problem but this is it. There's dudes who feed pineapples through suburban TABs like it's a kid's game of Monopoly.

Conclusive proof.
Some true ****en idiots on BF
probably no more idiotic than poster on BF who believe that no one on their team could be embroiled in these problems

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

The Crows could potentially be classed as even worse Gamblers after giving Carlton 2 first rounders for Gibbs!
no so bad a deal when Carlton effectively give them back the number 1 pick though.

Makes SOS look like a terrible gambler, has a big win. Then refuses to leave the table and gives more back to the dealer

The State that gave us the United Palmer Party and One Nation
Ah, yeah, well politics between the Libs and ALP gets boring and when the rest of the news up here is 99% Broncos you've gotta do something to have a giggle. We hope you find them as amusing as we do.

My favourite piece of trivia is that Pauline Hanson sold her fish and chip shop to a Vietnamese immigrant couple.

The amount of players with gambling problems is ludicrous.

Too much money, too much energy, too much spare time and no real way to funnel it.

The AFL go on about mental health being their main problem but this is it. There's dudes who feed pineapples through suburban TABs like it's a kid's game of Monopoly.
And yet the AFL makes too much revenue out of gambling to actually do anything about it.
Gil states that the biggest issue in the AFL currently is mental health yet he won't address one of the major causes.

Ah, yeah, well politics between the Libs and ALP gets boring and when the rest of the news up here is 99% Broncos you've gotta do something to have a giggle. We hope you find them as amusing as we do.

My favourite piece of trivia is that Pauline Hanson sold her fish and chip shop to a Vietnamese immigrant couple.
Aaaargh Pauline , that is so beautiful to be inclusive of our Vietnamese friends , I actually remember reading about that around the time it happened I,m thinking , WTF

probably no more idiotic than poster on BF who believe that no one on their team could be embroiled in these problems

I have the need for at least a minimum of factual evidence before I would believe anything. Whether a footy player, controlling or not an MP or a member of the public.
The One Neuron tools being filmed for a week is what I would call evidence
Some halfwit who thought he may have heard something someone else may have said is not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour doing the rounds that the reason Beams came back to the Pies was that he had amassed a $1.5 million gambling debt while up in the Sunshine state. As part of the deal Eddie has paid off the debt for him.
Heard this too.

Apparently Gibbs had a gambling debt of 500k and his wife made him jettison back to Adelaide.

I’m with you in general.

But to me there should be something more to it than “rumour doing the rounds” and a random screen grab from someone just saying it on Facebook.

I could literally do the same right now about any player in the league and people would believe me.

Again, wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this is true, I’m just saying it would be nice if there was something slightly more concrete than just “yeah I heard it”.

I wasn't convinced until I saw the screenshot of the text messages from some random person.

The 'non-licensed bookmaker' claim got me over the line. Sounds serious, like some kind of underworld shenanigans.

Should always trust our friend Nathan Brown at Sportsbet with your money, not some 'non-licensed' trickster.

Gibbs picked up his addiction from the biggest gamblers of all - Carlton. Famous for such gambles as "heres next years first round pick" and "out Ratten in Malthouse"
Different tangent but Funnily enough I used to see robbo, Eddie, yarran and garlett at the tab near my work when all 4 were at Carlton

Those blokes used to live there and drop an absolute fucckload on the punt

Does anyone actually think through these stories before posting them to the internet?

Eddie is a wealthy man but he’s not give away 1.5m wealthy. More believable would be Beams owes 700k and Eddie along with wealthy Collingwood backers chipped in 100k each to get him out of debt.

According to my extensive research, Eddie is worth $55 million and earns a salary of $3.5 million. That is absolutely "give away 1.5m wealthy"... especially if Beams is paying it back over time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back