Rumour Beams move back to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

lol because everyone example is the same?

Huge difference between a South Sudanese man who attempted suicide – literally – and a bloke who has had big gambling rumours suddenly stepping aside and using the AFL's favourite excuse.

Thats the problem though, we as a society are on a knifes edge where we either:

A) Accept when people say they need a break due to mental health

or

B) Claim people are just faking it when they say they need a break due to mental health

And I understand why people are choosing B, because they think people are trying to take this new era of actually talking about mental health for a ride.

You guys honestly would let a footballer fu** your wife then say it's okay because he's depressed. Like cuckold Brownless.

What? How do you even decipher my posts into this?

You do realise Billy and his wife had separated and she and moved on. And no I haven't suggested mental illness as a free reign to do what ever you want without consequences.

Thats the problem though, we as a society are on a knifes edge where we either:

A) Accept when people say they need a break due to mental health

or

B) Claim people are just faking it when they say they need a break due to mental health

And I understand why people are choosing B, because they think people are trying to take this new era of actually talking about mental health for a ride.

Exactly. Maybe it is a real depression. Maybe it is an excuse so the AFL dont have to go through another round of "Why do you take millions of dollars from gambling companies and allow kids to see endless advertisements on betting odds?"

Thing is, B is now the believable one, because it has been used so many times to cover up other reasons.

And that is tragic. Because there is a 100% chance that some footballers are really struggling and it is a real issue that they are dealing with, but if they dare speak out they will be mocked and not believed.

The fault sits fair and square with the AFL for letting the excuse happen too many times.

No.

Grief is a part of life.

Losing a child and wanting to kill yourself? Normal.

You guys honestly would let a footballer fu** your wife then say it's okay because he's depressed. Like cuckold Brownless.
You are an absolute clown

Thing is, B is now the believable one, because it has been used so many times to cover up other reasons.

Has it? Examples?

Also consider that Eddie has a wife and two teenage kids, who (given that they'd be accustomed to a certain standard of living after years of high pay packets from Eddie) wouldn't be cheap, either. Not to reduce them to commodities, but their "upkeep" would cost just as much if not more than his own.

I'm sure Eddie is very comfortable, but I don't think he's at the level of wealth where he can really afford to give seven figures away.

I think you are completely underselling eddies wealth. I have seen the estimated net worth and salary bandied around here but the 3.5m salary and 55 million net worth is the same figure listed 5-6 years ago.

His property alone in toorak is probably worth 15-20mil without all the investing he does that is not public knowledge.

And when you look at the ridiculous media salaries bandied around Kyle and Jackie on over 5 mil per year. He was mentioned fro just radio on 4 million alone

A guy who has Fox, Triple M, Channel 9, president of collingwood I assume is a paid gig I find it pretty laughable Eddie only makes 3.5m he is a businessman at heart I can't see him taking discounts. And if he is on a salary of only 3.5 mil I would bet my life he has stakes in Fox or Triple M.

So after all those years with the footy show etc etc. He is super rich and paying 1.5mil would be like chicken feed.

I think you are completely underselling eddies wealth. I have seen the estimated net worth and salary bandied around here but the 3.5m salary and 55 million net worth is the same figure listed 5-6 years ago.

His property alone in toorak is probably worth 15-20mil without all the investing he does that is not public knowledge.

And when you look at the ridiculous media salaries bandied around Kyle and Jackie on over 5 mil per year. He was mentioned fro just radio on 4 million alone

A guy who has Fox, Triple M, Channel 9, president of collingwood I assume is a paid gig I find it pretty laughable Eddie only makes 3.5m he is a businessman at heart I can't see him taking discounts. And if he is on a salary of only 3.5 mil I would bet my life he has stakes in Fox or Triple M.

So after all those years with the footy show etc etc. He is super rich and paying 1.5mil would be like chicken feed.
Just on the club President thing, it’s actually an unpaid position. If he wanted to be paid he’d be CEO.

Just on the club President thing, it’s actually an unpaid position. If he wanted to be paid he’d be CEO.
Kyle and Jackie O are numbr 1 in sydney radio, the biggest market in aus and they were paid overs to switch stations, eddie's show rates 3rd or 4th and he would be on $1-$1.5m max ,, $3.5m salary form all his jobs is probably spot on,

Kyle and Jackie O are numbr 1 in sydney radio, the biggest market in aus and they were paid overs to switch stations, eddie's show rates 3rd or 4th and he would be on $1-$1.5m max ,, $3.5m salary form all his jobs is probably spot on,
I’m not arguing about his max salary, I’m just clarifying that footy club presidents don’t get paid.

Oh please

Just take away their avenues and they will survive!
What an absolute imbecile you are. Thread after thread you embarrass yourself.

Someone with no understanding of what an addiction is and the impact it has on someone’s brain.

As for taking away their avenues, what in the world? There’s a reason they say gambling can be really hard to quit. You can’t just stop handling money can you? You can’t be banned from every place where you can gamble.

What an absolute imbecile you are. Thread after thread you embarrass yourself.

Someone with no understanding of what an addiction is and the impact it has on someone’s brain.

As for taking away their avenues, what in the world? There’s a reason they say gambling can be really hard to quit. You can’t just stop handling money can you? You can’t be banned from every place where you can gamble.

giphy.gif

I was addicted to pizza....... I stopped eating it :)

You can EASILY quit anything cold turkey :)

Pretty sure Eddie just does what he wants anyway. He would be on the payroll somewhere been there since 1998 as president

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Eddie just does what he wants anyway. He would be on the payroll somewhere been there since 1998 as president
Fixed that for you since you fail at quoting. I’m fairly sure Ed earns enough money elsewhere to keep him happy. There’s a reason most club presidents are prominent figures who have already made their fortunes. Their involvement in their clubs are a labour of love.

Fixed that for you since you fail at quoting. I’m fairly sure Ed earns enough money elsewhere to keep him happy. There’s a reason most club presidents are prominent figures who have already made their fortunes. Their involvement in their clubs are a labour of love.

I'm pretty confident now he is not taking a salary per se. What i am confident in is being president of collingwood definitely generates him an income. So yes maybe he doesn't take 250k a year allegedly but could he could generate that through media player availability most definately. Especially how his lucrative media deals work he has been no.1 man for the previous 10 plus years. He probably still is no.1 even with all the controversy lately.

Although i assume other clubs would be different boards i know the general rule is nobody gets paid. Although I think in certain scenarios with the right individuals may be in a situation to be compensated for time. I don't think it will ever be something the public would be privy too.

I'm pretty confident now he is not taking a salary per se. What i am confident in is being president of collingwood definitely generates him an income. So yes maybe he doesn't take 250k a year allegedly but could he could generate that through media player availability most definately. Especially how his lucrative media deals work he has been no.1 man for the previous 10 plus years. He probably still is no.1 even with all the controversy lately.

Although i assume other clubs would be different boards i know the general rule is nobody gets paid. Although I think in certain scenarios with the right individuals may be in a situation to be compensated for time. I don't think it will ever be something the public would be privy too.
So you’ve gone from ‘he’s on the payroll somewhere’ to ‘being the president will somehow generate him an income in an unspecified way’. Ok then.

Honestly don’t know why you’re arguing the point here. I said club president is an unpaid position and I’m correct. Whether or not the position enables him to generate an income outside of that is irrelevant.

So you’ve gone from ‘he’s on the payroll somewhere’ to ‘being the president will somehow generate him an income in an unspecified way’. Ok then.

Honestly, don’t know why you’re arguing the point here. I said club president is an unpaid position and I’m correct. Whether or not the position enables him to generate an income outside of that is irrelevant.

Not really the original post was all regarding mcguires income and salary across all platforms. I just question across 20 years of being president at some point some salary may have been involved. You could be right it may have been unpaid the total time.

So to my original post him generating income from being President of collingwood was what i was actually originally interested in and initially i thought it could of been a paid gig. So go back and look if you like. It's not really definitive like his estimated earnings not public knowledge no-one has to disclose anything

No they actually listed him as on around 4 mil for radio alone in the same article

You look at all these different deals Eddie has been involved with. I'm not saying a definitive number but i think 4 mil a year is laughable stations never disclose.

But just one of his contracts with 9 is worth 4 plus million a year dating way back to 2006. Reported 4.2mil to 4.7.

He negotiated separate contracts with Fox and Nine. Looking back to 2014 has shares in Triple M worth minimum 2million. Which could be worth anything now.

Don't overlook Mcquire media which produces content for fox etc.

PhotoPictureResizer_190809_230637547_crop_1080x1485.jpg PhotoPictureResizer_190809_230609059_crop_1064x1628.jpg PhotoPictureResizer_190809_230542945_crop_1080x1499.jpg

And these all date back to 5-10 years ago it always plots out the same oh Eddie earns around 4 mil in this place or that place but this animal does it all at once.

So my point is who knows what he earns but i am betting my entire life it's well and truly over 3.5mil when the balance sheet comes in. And he obviously has shares in 9 triple M would be highly surprised if he doesn't have a stake in fox.

Well the Pratt’s are billionaires and didn’t pay off the debt the blues held.

You don’t become wealthy by handing out free cash. Even if it was a ‘loan’ to Beams, you can write that off. He won’t earn enough to repay it. I suspect his prospects of a high paying job post footy is low.

Well, the Pratt’s are billionaires and didn’t pay off the debt the blues held.

You don’t become wealthy by handing out free cash. Even if it was a ‘loan’ to Beams, you can write that off. He won’t earn enough to repay it. I suspect his prospects of a high paying job post footy is low.

In all honesty, I really have no idea if the rumours about beams owing money are true or not. What I am saying is if beams were in a hole of 1.5m. Eddie could afford it easily if he wanted. If you actually thought Beams was the missing piece and let's be honest at the end of 2018 who would blame the Pies. 1 umpire short of the Cup.

But let's give it some thought anyway Beams signed with the pies for 4 years. Beams Brisbane contract was heavily front-ended let's say he punted the lot and had 1 million owing for the remaining 2 years.

Collingwood in a flag window said alright we have no salary cap currently we will strike a back-ended contract.

So Eddie Fronts the 1.5 Million sets up a payment plan.

Daniel Wells was given 600k a year for 3 years so if you wanted to burn money Coll already know how.

Everything runs through the Club Financials

Eddie Fronts the Debt Personally and sets beams on a payment plan. I'm not privy to all the kinds of scenarios you can do with professional contracts and not sure how that works via the taxman for instance if the money loaned was not being paid via beams before heading back to Eddie.

Very Plausibly beams could be on 2.8mil with a back ended contract over 4. 700k per season. So I can see scenarios with the correct professional help aka managers & The Club where it could be very possible for him to repay it.

And if they won a flag with bonuses involved. But if beams played 90 odd games and the pies win the Flag considering how much is spent on the players already if you were 200k short at the end of contract you would probably be pretty happy. I suppose it's a big like taking on a Harley Bennell where medically and field wise your taking a big hit with the hope and promise it could all amount to the perfect fit.

And as plenty have mentioned I think Ed goes over and above to help and protect his players Sam Murray still on list Josh Thomas. So I think it's plausible to re-pay in certain circumstances not all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back