News Beams taking indefinite leave for mental health

Thatsmyname

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumour that he is set to retire. Wouldn’t be the worst for the club he’s like a cloud over the club going in to 2020.
We get the cap money back right?

Because hello Stephen Coniglio if we do, maybe throw in Patton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PendlePie

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Rumour that he is set to retire. Wouldn’t be the worst for the club he’s like a cloud over the club going in to 2020.
Where did you see this? Probably the best outcome from the club’s perspective (outside of Dayne recovering fully obviously).

HeathComeBack

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes the whole point of his price in trade being so high was that his remaining salary on a heavily front-ended deal was minimal. If Beams retires now, we’ve paid the iron price and Brisbane are laughing at us... if they weren’t already.
i have seen his contract through my work, he didn't come back here for the money. ..Him retiring will not get any decent mercenary into the club

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
What about people who struggle with depression and anxiety and can't just take indefinite leave from work and oh yeah het 500k a year

I have my struggles as do many but we have no choice ..

Yes beams has had a s**t run

But every interview he looks like his gonna cry
Good luck battling your demons.

Not sure we can draw to many conclusions from what we see and what circumstance any individual encounters. We're all different.

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
What irks me is everyone has to stand up and 'promote the discussion' and portray themselves as a brave hero for standing up. Just because you are a past or present footballer with drug, gambling or mental health issues doesn't make your plight more special or unique than anyone else who is going through the same thing. Politely announce you have to step down and apologise and thanks the fans and your support. When you get up and seek points at the same time it tells me you're not really that bad if that's what's on your mind, making sure you go out with a 'brave and courageous statement'... spare me. I feel more for people going through issues with no support, no families, no money, no nothing and they end up underneath a train daily and no-one hears a word about it.
Hmmmm, really? You find that irksome? Prominent people (from whatever walk of life) admitting they are struggling is a step toward de-stigmatization and should always be encouraged. I doubt any of them are comfortable doing it or do it because they crave any sort of adulation. We as a society need to get better at dealing with mental health issues and more power to those who sacrifice themselves to that goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanMustard

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t really want to entertain rumours but if any of them are true do you really think Beams would walk away from a football salary?

Thatsmyname

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its the structures, not the personnel.

If you can't break-even with Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Treloar & Sier - and believe bringing in Coniglio will work, you need to move on one of them.
Leigh Matthews always said it was the cattle but what would he know, structures pfft, new age tree hugging guru humping hippies

AmericanMustard

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good you didn’t want to entertain rumours :eek:
Yeah In hindsight I guess I was always backed in the corner I’ll just shut up now and of course wish him the best. I hope it doesn’t retire I’ve only just got it back to emotionally invest in a favourite kinda way in players after he left!

Kinda. Just him :cool:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumour is he's set to move to America and run for president in 2020...

If Thatsgold can start a rumour I can too.

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumour is he's set to move to America and run for president in 2020...

If Thatsgold can start a rumour I can too.
That’s gold.

How he over comes not being a natural born USA citizen, live there 14 years of consecutive time, being 35 years of age...

It’s not likes he’s Wilson.

BIGNEDKELLY

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bet he still spends more time in Vegas than at the club for the rest of the year though....

Top Bottom