Opinion Beams Trade [Officially derailed: Now disussing the folly of gambling, net negative players and the merit of Sier]

Beams deal: Did we overpay?

• Yes

Votes: 107 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 159 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
A midfield/small forward line combo of Sidebottom DeGoey Treloar Adams Beams Phillips Pendlebury Thomas Elliott Wells Stephenson Hoskin-Elliott and Sier looks pretty good!!!

(and thats not counting Varcoe Greenwood Mayne Brown Daicos or Murphy, and assuming Maynard stays in defence)
Murphy is the must watch next season.

He's the other player that I can see marching into best 22 calculations.

He played a nice first two games, but there was this one pass, a kick with a bit of depth to his team mate that was exquisite.

Be an interesting watch.

Last edited:
A bit misleading as that 20% would have also applied to the 985 pts of pick 18 which makes our pick 18 worth 1182 pts.

I guess the guy was using the scenario of using the live pick. But you’re right. One or both of our kids may have been bid on by then.

Last edited:

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus

Only relevant if the Quaynor bid comes before 18.
If its a bid after 18 then we missed a 1st rd pick and then still getting IQ using later points.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
Murphy is the must watch next season.

He's the other player that I can see marching into best 22 calculations.

He played a nice first two games, but there was this one pass, a kick with a bit of depth to his team mate that was expuisite.

Be an interesting watch.

he did 2 or 3 things that made me think , this kids going to be very very good

steele and dayne

pendles and daisy

stephenson and murphy

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
he did 2 or 3 things that made me think , this kids going to be very very good

steele and dayne

pendles and daisy

stephenson and murphy
Just watching him a bit he looks like he makes time and then executes well.

Your Stephenson and Murphy is a good coupling, because looks very likely.

Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unsure if it’s been mentioned, but if we were trading a contracted sidebottom out this year, what would we expect back? 11 months younger and more durable, but the same draft and both ‘lads’.

Check out their 2018 numbers...

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...layerStatus2=A&tid2=5&pid2=3117&fid2=S&type=A
Very interesting! Beam's numbers are still elite!!

I think if Sidebottom were on the way out this year we would demand 2 top 10 picks! Not sure if we would get it....

rusty old av's are overrated, try living a little.
The same sentiments that see clubs like Cartoon run on in the light blue M&M jersey.:drunk::drunk::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The answer unless a premiership with Dayne back is that the club clearly overpaid. Though that is the condition that cures all ills.

Same Could be Said with Essendon's Trade for Shiel

Essendon is a lot of things but I don't see them as premiership material. Their best 22 should be good enough to reach finals at the end of the season but they don't bat deep enough.

I am happy DonkeyBalls chose not to.
79423646_79d9cf7110_o.jpg

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate you should see the salt on the Richmond board about him....

You say salt I say s**t.

Did you know they had gastro when they were the moral victors in the Prelim?

Minnows. Shazza_

Why is there so many dayne beam threads?
We failed to snare any big names....
Dayne Beams is the AFL version of The Bachelor as far as the media is concerned. they can make up any s**t they like.
Wilson is a classic example.

Hahaha just saw they have a whole thread dedicated to Collingwood. Their obsession is pretty sad.
We have a thread dedicated to Cartank....though it is revelling in their ungreatness.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Shiel is younger. He's mid career. I consider their decision to add Shiel who is by need precisely what Essendon need to become a finals and potentially push for a top-4 spot an astute one.

Back