Bearded Clam you were right

Remove this Banner Ad

Keays is still a decent role player who can split time mid and hf. His kicking is terrible but he does a lot well, and we have plenty of players on the list who do next to nothing well. Averaged 1.3 goals a game since moving further up the ground.

He is the least of our current problems, we are arguably bottom 4 for least desired youth in the league coming out of a 5 year tank.

Keays is still a decent role player who can split time mid and hf. His kicking is terrible but he does a lot well, and we have plenty of players on the list who do next to nothing well. Averaged 1.3 goals a game since moving further up the ground.

He is the least of our current problems, we are arguably bottom 4 for least desired youth in the league coming out of a 5 year tank
No we are not.

His kicking is terrible, you should have stopped there. The game is called football, ie built on kicking the ball. If you can’t perform the basic skill of the game, despite the other good things you might do, ultimately you’ll be a liability because you can’t be relied on, let alone use this skill to set yourself above other players.

We’ve made a thing of recruiting players who can kick and Keays flys in the face of that.

That kick OOF was one of the worst field kicks I’ve ever seen, crucial stage of the game and with so much space to kick to, he shanks it. No way you’d want him kicking for you in a final.

He is the least of our current problems, we are arguably bottom 4 for least desired youth in the league coming out of a 5 year tank.
With Pedlar, Rankine, Rachele, mcadam and newchurch in the sanfl..

We dont need anymore small/medium forwards..

Especially ones with dogshit skills.

So the only spot for Keays is in the middle..

And his skills, decision making and composure is barely SANFL level..

So we dont want him in the middle anymore either.

He’s been great during the last three seasons setting the standard when it comes to effort and never giving in..
but now he, along with his mate Sloane, is simply clogging up the list and holding back the development/experience opportunities of our youth.

He was our biggest problem on Saturday night.

Nicks didn’t trust our youth in Pedlar, Rachele and Soligo who have been getting plenty of CBAs this year to get it done in a big game.

He turned to Keays and Sloane. In the entirety of the second half with the game on the line Keays managed 5 disposals and produced probably the worst kick I have ever seen from a Crows player (not an exaggeration).

Keays needs to be dropped, make him prove that he is above SANFL standard by dominating. If Nicks thinks he deserves midfield time ahead of Rachele, Pedlar, Soligo, Berry and Schoenberg than he should have no problem peeling off 30 and 2 in the reserves.

You guys seriously overrate our talent here. McAdam is barely AFL standard and 28, Rankine is a forward, Rachele has been terrible for two months, Pedlar is not ready high mid minutes, Soligo is gassed and was dropped for not adhering to the game plan, Shoenberg is not AFL standard hence why he’s playing reserves 4 years in and Berry hasn’t been at last years level but I’d like to see him get another run.

Keays has had a decent 6 weeks since moving up the ground playing more up the ground but also in a HFF role, worth noting he may have been sore on the weekend. Not excuse for kicking but was doing run through and testing his knee before the game.

We have been carried by Dawson, Laird and Walker all this year, without them we are looking at a top 5 pick . A lot of our youth has not developed on last year. I’m taking at least 14 other clubs youth over ours

You guys seriously overrate our talent here. McAdam is barely AFL standard and 28, Rankine is a forward, Rachele has been terrible for two months, Pedlar is not ready high mid minutes, Soligo is gassed and was dropped for not adhering to the game plan, Shoenberg is not AFL standard hence why he’s playing reserves 4 years in and Berry hasn’t been at last years level but I’d like to see him get another run.

Keays has had a decent 6 weeks since moving up the ground playing more up the ground but also in a HFF role, worth noting he may have been sore on the weekend. Not excuse for kicking but was doing run through and testing his knee before the game.

We have been carried by Dawson, Laird and Walker all this year, without them we are looking at a top 5 pick . A lot of our youth has not developed on last year. I’m taking at least 14 other clubs youth over ours
I got news for you - we are well in the hunt for a top 5 pick WITH them

What was Soligo’s issue in not adhering to the game plan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back