Beards

Remove this Banner Ad

No reason you can't trim a beard. I sport a 3 day growth kept tidy... far easier than close shaving and better looking than an out of control beard that itches.
Yep, have kept one like this for 3 years now. Have only clean shaven once when forced for work. It definitely helped with my confidence in my appearance.

Have had my beard for over 30 years.
I am glad it never went grey
Straight from brown to white
Always the first place to go imo, one of the reasons I stay clean shaven these days is the silver creeping into in my beard, it's bad enough most of my hair fell out by 30 without the rest of it now going grey.

Always the first place to go imo, one of the reasons I stay clean shaven these days is the silver creeping into in my beard, it's bad enough most of my hair fell out by 30 without the rest of it now going grey.
I shaved the beard almost to a no2 a few years ago
Looked in the mirror and went who the freak is that
Last time a razor of any type went near my face
I do trim and shampoo the beard to keep it tidy and soft
The hot youngins in their 40's like it tidy and soft

I shaved the beard almost to a no2 a few years ago
Looked in the mirror and went who the freak is that
Last time a razor of any type went near my face
I do trim and shampoo the beard to keep it tidy and soft
The hot youngins in their 40's like it tidy and soft
One of my mates became a dad for the first time a couple of years ago and he says the older dad beard combo is a hit with the mums at child care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of years ago I had cervical spinal surgery which necessitated my throat being cut (anterior incision the nice term). So, I was not allowed to shave and grew a beard.

It feeling was worse than the surgery — besides looking like a calico cat.

Shaved it off as soon as I was allowed.

Spot the guy who can’t grow a beard
And?

Why would I want to? To look like every other franchised a-hole down the street? From FIFO workers to flogs who work in small bars, kinda played out isn't it? Every bogan from Rockingham has one and about 19 tatts. Slip on an Abdul-Jabbar (a man who was so anti-middle class white, he wanted to live Wisconsin and only for New York City or LA) Lakers top and there's ya generic kit.

And?

Why would I want to? To look like every other franchised a-hole down the street? From FIFO workers to flogs who work in small bars, kinda played out isn't it? Every bogan from Rockingham has one and about 19 tatts. Slip on an Abdul-Jabbar (a man who was so anti-middle class white, he wanted to live Wisconsin and only for New York City or LA) Lakers top and there's ya generic kit.

Righto mate, put your tampon back in

Then:

Tatts: Bikie, ex-con
Beard: Bikie, lumberjack, wizard, Hasidic Jew

Now:

Tatts: Barista in someone else's coffee shop, works in someone else's craft brewery
Beard: Barista in someone else's coffee shop, works in someone else's craft brewery

In the 1990s if you saw a player that looked like Danny Southern you would think he is hard as nails, played seniors at 15, has at least one parent in jail and a dog that looks like it feeds on human flesh.

Now if you saw a player that looked like that you would wonder which private school they went to and whether they've got a French Bulldog or just a Pug.

I don't have a beard. Can grow one but it doesn't grow evenly enough to look good. If I grew a Max Gawn/Justin Westhoff beard I'd like to think I look like a lumberjack but really it would just look s**t. Usually hover somewhere around Jordan Lewis levels of stubble, anywhere from 1-4mm. Haven't clean shaved with a razor for about 2 years, did it once then to look neat for an interview and looked 12. Some people suit some level of facial hair, others don't. Luke Shuey is 29 and with short stubble or nothing looks 29. Any more than that and he looks like an 18 year old trying to grow his first beard. Still reckon Moeen Ali's beard is a bad prop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back