Media Bears Milestones - kane249 Breaks Bears Consecutive Games Record; Matera92 Plays 150th

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
1553243586567.png
Two stalwarts of the Las Vegas Bears will share milestones this Sunday with kane249 playing his 166th consecutive game for the Bears, breaking Dingster's record, and Matera92 playing his 150th Sweet FA game. I spoke to current Bears captain JoshWoodenSpoon, Bears vice-captain, premiership player and Matera92 fanboy Doctor Gero and Bears Hall of Famer, premiership player and founding player Dingster for their thoughts on two of the Bears all-time greats.

JoshWoodenSpoon

Ahhhhhh kane. One of my favourite ever qootballers, and boy when he speaks I do listen! Always on hand to chop down the opponent or offer some choice encouragement, he's been a constant of the club since well before my time. Dominated in the S22 GF to bring about the first of many Bears' Premierships and up until this season... kept the show going!

Underrated is his cunning posting and charm. Somehow has people convinced that he and Matera are some sort of tough units, whereas all I ever see of them is cheap-ass lateral kicks and pointless handballs between the two.

Nevertheless it is fitting that on this marked occasion they line up on their fabled wings. kane on the right, Mateflon on the left. Good luck to any forward wishing to have their toiling leads honoured, but at least it will be a damn extravagant spectacle.

kane is the heart of Vegas, and may he ever continue beating, except at night because that's really annoying. A fine Bear and a fine friend, I congratulate kane of notching the record number of consecutive games for the club. Testament to his passion, dedication, rigour, and also ability to post between 2 and 11 times each week for a long time. We all love ya and can't imagine the joint in your absence! Please restock the vending machine and un-jam E7.

Matera. The King if Vegas. What can’t he do? Fill in to post a team sheet, that’s what.

Through his 150 games the guy has given so much to the league. Sometimes it’s his aloof quips, others it’s his charming and relatable boasts, and once it was the greatest gift to the Sweet FA ever known, me.

I first met Mateflon in his private snooker room, and once he’d thoroughly shown me to an inordinate number of 8-balls I knew I’d finally found my true home.

He served the club strongly even through personal tribulations, and has always represented the best of the Bears’ values.

Just kidding none of that is true. Congrats on 100 or whatever it is games you delirious second-rater, try and get my drink orders right this weekend huh.

Doctor Gero

The Bash Brothers.

What can you say about kane249 and Matera92 , on Sunday Kane breaks the club record for consecutive matches, a milestone that pretty much means that he's never been in the 3 shittest players and dropped by Walken... I guess that's an achievement :p;), and Matera - Ol Mateflon - his 150th career Qooty match. Although TBH I really do think we shouldn't count those "matches" at the East Side Retirement Village. They're bearly Qooty standard as a club. Rabble

So many have come and gone from this club yet these two funny campaigners have etched themselves into Vegas folklore. Premiership teammates and wingmen, and all round good fellas, for all the mudslinging, hi-jinx and general floggery you'll not meet someone in this league more willing to help you in your real life than Mateflon, and whilst slipping into that graceful semi-retired-only-post-occasionally phase when Kane does pop up it's usually with something wittier than the tryhards amass in 30 posts

I plan to make your milestones memorable on Sunday. Mateflon, for rigging numerous B&F's I deservedly should have won, for ending my own consecutive matches streak with hilarious floggery and for just having that unfounded smug arrogance that you're better than me, I pledge to make this memorable by ironing you out in the first quarter. Kane, you'll find it memorable as I'll make sure you've got a front row seat when it happens.

Dingster

What can I say about Matera and kane? My co premiership captain and I had a ball taking the Bears from a bee's kahuna of extinction and written off by the wider SFA to amazing final's run winning by 3 pts (semi), 2 pts (prelim) and 2 pts (GF). kane was an integral part of our LG and B&F winner in our premiership season.

However they were not always the fluffy Bears that you know and love them for. I am going to take the viewers into the S22 LG PM and expose these two frauds club legends. A bit of background. The LG was a quality group - Ding, Matera, kane, Doctor Gero, Magdaddy, brahj and Demon Jim.

First off, the moment when Matera became an egotistical flog.

1553242301519.png

Matera made an early stand on selection policy (to brahj and DJ)
1553243090389.png

Matera made a great start to name a team misspelling one of his own player's name.
1553243100937.png

Matera took feedback from his LG onboard
1553243117835.png

kane was a great motivator
1553243128667.png

A good leader should show empathy as Matera did after one of his LG was bitten by a brown snake.
1553243146307.png

But in the end the true Matera shines through radiating love
1553243160816.png

Hope you all enjoyed a rare insight into these two magnificent campaigners. Grats kane and Matera.

Stats & Awards

Matera92:

1553243453355.png

x1 Premiership (S22)
Premiership Co-Captain (S22)
All-SFA Selection (S23)
All-SFA Captain (S23)
x2 Las Vegas Bears Best & Fairest (S18-19)
Las Vegas Bears Captain (S22-23 (co), S24)
=1st Game High Disposals (45 - S21, R1 vs. Baghdad Bombers)

Rich (BB code):
Stats                   Matera92

Clubs              HAW (8), LVB (141)
Games                     149
Hitouts                    0
Kicks                     1362
Marks                     673
Handballs                 1368
Tackles                   205
Frees For                 104
Frees Against             190
Goals                      90
Behinds                    57
Disposals                 2730
DreamTeam                 9792
Votes                     20/9

kane249:

1553243435666.png

x1 Premiership (S22)
Las Vegas Bears Best & Fairest (S22)

Rich (BB code):
Stats                   kane249

Clubs                  LVB (165)
Games                     165
Hitouts                   146
Kicks                     1249
Marks                     596
Handballs                 1217
Tackles                   203
Frees For                 131
Frees Against             152
Goals                      71
Behinds                    52
Disposals                 2466
DreamTeam                 9080
Votes                     12/6

Thank you to JoshWoodenSpoon, Doctor Gero and Dingster for their thoughts, Cadaver for his thoughts and collation of the Las Vegas Bears history and milestones, and Hate for confirming and supplying career stats.

Legendssssssssssss. (I reserve the right to retract this assessment at any and all opportunities)

Last edited:

Bearly Legal has your back. Nobody, I mean it, nobody will know about Bali.

Damn right they won’t know, you saw what happened to Schapelle

And aren't the Bash Brothers putting on a show already?!?

2 : 2.54 {rW} - kane249 runs past and takes the handpass.
2 : 3.05 {lW} - Handballs over the top to Matera92.
2 : 3.09 {lW} - Matera92 backs himself for a shot on goal.
2 : 3.15 {lW} - And Matera92 doesn't disappoint us.
Roys FFC : 5.3.33
Las Vegas Bears : 9.2.56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back