Universal Love BEASTMODE HYPE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Matho is proving every week that him sliding was a slight on every club in that room on draft night.

We are the beneficiaries of that, absolute bargain. Love the way he goes about his football

love the fact that beastmode is causing ripples in the AFL world. shoulder shrug > the gunshot > what's next? he needs to work on a celebration ah la Aker to put in use after home victories. suggestions?

he may have a fair time to work on that celebration:(

Can't stand the political correctness stuff, but I would tell him as a one-off I don't mind, but it would probably be best to save the big celebrations for when we are playing really well as a team (rather than getting smashed as we were at the time).

But that's pretty minor - overall his effort is a lot better than most of our players, so the occasional OTT reaction is probably no big deal.

Can't stand the political correctness stuff, but I would tell him as a one-off I don't mind, but it would probably be best to save the big celebrations for when we are playing really well as a team (rather than getting smashed as we were at the time).

But that's pretty minor - overall his effort is a lot better than most of our players, so the occasional OTT reaction is probably no big deal.

Wasn't the goal early when we were up and about?

Political correctness peaking. Inappropriate in America definitely but surely just a bit of smart arse in Australia.

I think this is more why everyone is sensitive towards it.... it is current news and in the headlines otherwise would be a non issue IMO

Young Matho is getting the ball nearly 20 times a game (already, after only 5 games) and is ranked 2nd in contested possessions across the league for 1st year players :handfist:

Would be nice if he could sneak a rising star nom before the year is out, reckon he deserves it.

I liked the goal celebration a lot, don't mind a bit of cockiness.

Would be nice if he could sneak a rising star nom before the year is out, reckon he deserves it.

I liked the goal celebration a lot, don't mind a bit of cockiness.
I think cockiness is a positive at the moment. Shows inner confidence and self belief and hope for the future

Wasn't the goal early when we were up and about?

I was trying to remember when it was - just checked, it was just before quarter time. We had gone from 12 points to 1 up to being absolutely smashed everywhere except on the scoreboard. Still we were down 25 (3 goals 7) to 13 (2 goals 1) when he was having the shot.

As I said I don't really care as a one off thing for his first goal. Although he will probably get told to put that sort of celebration away like Clarkson did with Mark Williams.

I must point out that PC over gun violence didn't enter my mind. It just reminded me of
raw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity it wasn't a real one and the goals Barretts head... I know I know, politically incorrect, not nice , inappropriate yada yada-I don't care.
Even if i had a chance to pull the trigger i wouldnt. Barrets not worth the 1.20 it takes to shoot my rifles. Id whack him with the butt of the gun however. And watch the little dweeb squirm.

Given all our debutants this year, it is amazing we haven't had one nomination yet. Pretty indicative of our year and perhaps standing in AFL HQ.

Traditional thinking is that the AFL tends to bias towards winning teams in handing out rising star nominations. And, indeed, so far Weitering and Fantasia are the only nominees this year to have not won that weekend.

Hopefully we can salvage a win or two out of this year for a couple noms.

Given all our debutants this year, it is amazing we haven't had one nomination yet. Pretty indicative of our year and perhaps standing in AFL HQ.
Wouldn't say any of them have exactly banged the door down. I think cumulative performances mean Mathieson is close and another bag of 3-4 would probably get Eric over the line too. If Schache had a breakout game (4+ goals) I think he'd get the nod such has been his consistency and output.

All in all I'm not upset they haven't been picked yet like I was when Harris took so long to get recognised last year

I think this year proves that it is very hard to be a young player in a really poor side. You are better off being the only youngster in a top 8 side or getting regular game time in a side which is on the improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back