Beat 3 from last 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Schmiddy73

Debutant
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was watching Port and Carlton last night with a mate of mine who supports the blues. He said after the game ( with tounge cheek im sure), that all the blues need is Kouta SOS and Juddy back and they would be fine.
Got me to thinking if you could have any 3 players from the last 25 your own club back into your current side who would you pick?
I went with Tredrea, Chad Cornes and Wanganeen.

Wayne Carey obviously

Brent Harvey - need better ball use going inside 50, plus able to be an elite small forward

Corey McKernan - play him as a forward and 2nd ruck. Technicality Brownlow year just in the 25 year mark. Yes we have Goldstein but McKernan is just one of the out and out best players we have had in the past 25 years.

Considered Martyn, Simpson and Bell too - but in our best 22 the difference between Tarrant and Martyn, and our best mids and Simpson/Bell, isn't as great as the difference between Walker and Carey, Larkey and McKernan, and the small forwards and Harvey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and cogs and tucky

Nathan Brown would be unstoppable up forward in the current side.

Richo, Brown, Deledio in.

Hard to say best 22 but I'd say Caddy, Aarts, Pickett out in response.

Hard to see a game being lost adding in those 3 at their peak.

B: Grimes, Balta, Broad
HB: Short, Astbury, Houli
C: Deledio, Cotchin, Richardson
HF: N.Brown, Lynch, Edwards
F: Castagna, Riewoldt, Bolton
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Bench: Graham, Lambert, McIntosh, Baker

Bolton has to be pushed to a pocket. Rioli, Aarts, Caddy, Pickett miss...no room for a 2nd ruck either.

So...1996 onward...(Doug Wade!🤪)

Ben Cousins (for a midfield upgrade, or Chris Judd, if we can’t arrange bail.)
Dean Cox (so we don’t have to play Nathan Vardy)
Peter Matera (off half back circa 1996, so an upgrade on Jackson Nelson, could even just give him the #30 jumper straight off his back.)

Robert Harvey, Brendon Goddard and Sam Fisher

Richo, Alex Rance, Brad Ottens!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back