Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Small forwards like mcreeery and Schultz get far too much criticism. . Pressure forward is the hardest position in the game

13 less f50s, no real dominant key forwards, win by 3-4 goals. How?

Answer lies in what Checkers, Beau and co did to tonight without the ball

His first and third Qs had outstanding moments
Should’ve got another kick when he missed in the 3rd.
Tackled over the shoulder as he kicked it .
Assuming he kicks the goal, it would’ve made his game even more impressive.

Fantastic player when in full flight, one of his very best games tonight.
Bringing all the run, chase and hard tackling he brings is magnificent, if he can keep adding one or two goals a week on top of that, he starts looking absolutely elite.
He was outstanding offensively as well as just his usual outstanding defence. Wasn't fumbling - burst from stoppage at pace about 4 times to create scores from nothing. It's the same result for the team as a kpf taking 4 pack marks to create a score from nothing. It was the difference in the scores I reckon - Bailey and Raynor had heaps more chances and kept threatening to do it, but Beau with much fewer chances kept actually doing it.

Last edited:
This kid is almost a lock at 100 games as he fills a role IMHO.

Everyone else we drafted may have more talent, but all clubs need a pressure forward, and we dont have many, if any.
Great early call, Brushy. Sure is shaping that way.

One of the most impactful games i have seen Beau play, really made his skills count. Well done, kid.

Beau looks even more powerful this year. If we could get him to average around 20 disposals a game, he would be a superstar. Just goes missing at times but makes up for it with pure speed and power at the contest

Great early call, Brushy. Sure is shaping that way.

One of the most impactful games i have seen Beau play, really made his skills count. Well done, kid.

Interesting call on the “we don’t have many, if any”.

Now we’ve evolved to have Beau, Billy, Bobby, Lachie and Brodie is no slouch! Reef goes pretty hard too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beau looks even more powerful this year. If we could get him to average around 20 disposals a game, he would be a superstar. Just goes missing at times but makes up for it with pure speed and power at the contest

It'd be great but I can't see it happening. He isnt a ball magnet type.

12 - 15 ps a game and pressure and a goal should be his minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back