Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Was fine tonight could teach some of our so called veterans a thing or two about how to run and chase.

and how to land a tackle.

Certainly did okay given the way we played and delivered the pill, but the pace you are talking about was not apparent to me.

I'm not suggesting he's Jason Castagna. For a 6ft+ 19yo he impressed me a lot.

To me he looks like a poor mans Xavier Duursma which I don't mind at all.

I'd personally give him stints through the middle/wing but after tonight's performance I'm pretty sure he will remain in the forward line for at least a while.

I'm not suggesting he's Jason Castagna. For a 6ft+ 19yo he impressed me a lot.

To me he looks like a poor mans Xavier Duursma which I don't mind at all.

I'd personally give him stints through the middle/wing but after tonight's performance I'm pretty sure he will remain in the forward line for at least a while.
Yep. I think he could be decent player too, just disappointed by his lack of blistering pace. Maybe the wet, scrappy slugfest didn't allow for his pace to show up.

Showed a few traits that are mandatory for a smallish fwd. Let him settle in the fwd half before we think of him up the ground/wing. I was sitting a few meters from our bench and he was absolutely spent each time he came off and battling with some cramping later in the game.
All in all a nice debut and deserves a block of games.

Last edited:
He had more tackles than kicks, he doesn't look like a goal sneak, just another overrated Collingwood player, what ever happened to kicking *en goals

I confess he reminds me of Sam Dwyer... only slightly taller...hopefully the ending to the story is better...

Do you ever have anything positive to say on here ?
Yeah, go back and look at my past threads. The difference between me and you is that I say it as it is where as you hope and pray that he might come good. Tell me what you saw that makes him a good small forward? Did you watch Green? I suppose you thought Grundy played well

Yeah, go back and look at my past threads. The difference between me and you is that I say it as it is where as you hope and pray that he might come good. Tell me what you saw that makes him a good small forward? Did you watch Green? I suppose you thought Grundy played well
He could be an OK player, but I said in the thread he is not that skilful/nippy combination that we most need. He could replace Thomas or someone of that ilk, but he is not Didak, Davis or Dick.

Green has played how many games compared to him?. He put on some great forward pressure that's more then most of the smalls can say tonight. And FYI i think Grundy is garbage been a disgrace ever since he got that contract. And it's you and I learn basic English please goodnight.

He could be an OK player, but I said in the thread he is not that skilful/nippy combination that we most need. He could replace Thomas or someone of that ilk, but he is not Didak, Davis or Dick.
I might have been a bit harsh on him, but I am just frustrated that we can't get a small forward who kicks goals, watching Green tonight just made it worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, a lot of people in here not seeing/understanding what we saw tonight. Beau is still a kid, 19.... Yet was easily our hardest player tonight.
Can tackle, can pressure, has composure, first game....

Have players like Noble, Callum Brown or even Hoskin-Elliott EVER shown what Beau has shown in his first game? No.

I doubt those players have ever laid 8 tackles in a game ever.

Get excited, it was a great debut.

Green has played how many games compared to him?. He put on some great forward pressure that's more then most of the smalls can say tonight. And FYI i think Grundy is garbage been a disgrace ever since he got that contract. And it's you and I learn basic English please goodnight.
Pretty sure you left out a comma there but anyway

Pretty sure you left out a comma there but anyway
Sorry I couldn't let this go.
manicpie was correct.
I is the subject pronoun.
Me is the object pronoun.
In the sentence above manic used it as the object pronoun and therefore "me and you" is correct.
Maybe you need to learn some basic English before you gob off at others.

Sorry I couldn't let this go.
manicpie was correct.
I is the subject pronoun.
Me is the object pronoun.
In the sentence above manic used it as the object pronoun and therefore "me and you" is correct.
Maybe you need to learn some basic English before you gob off at others.
Sorry, but I couldn't let this go.
You should have put a comma after "Sorry" in the first sentence to begin with. Then you should have put "" around "I" and "Me" in the next two sentences. Then, in the 5th sentence down, you should have put a comma after "above" and capitalised the "M" in "Manic" and then stated what "it" was; in order to make the sentence intelligible; otherwise put "" around the "it".
Your final sentence is just fine.

Damn, a lot of people in here not seeing/understanding what we saw tonight. Beau is still a kid, 19.... Yet was easily our hardest player tonight.
Can tackle, can pressure, has composure, first game....

Have players like Noble, Callum Brown or even Hoskin-Elliott EVER shown what Beau has shown in his first game? No.

I doubt those players have ever laid 8 tackles in a game ever.

Get excited, it was a great debut.

Interestingy our old mate one way runner Treloar had 10 tackles today....

Sorry, but I couldn't let this go.
You should have put a comma after "Sorry" in the first sentence to begin with. Then you should have put "" around "I" and "Me" in the next two sentences. Then, in the 5th sentence down, you should have put a comma after "above" and capitalised the "M" in "Manic" and then stated what "it" was; in order to make the sentence intelligible; otherwise put "" around the "it".
Your final sentence is just fine.
I actually did initially put quotation marks around "I" and "me".
I then deleted the post because I forgot to add manic's post. I then quoted the wrong post, which is why the "it" doesn't seem to refer to anything. Then when I wrote it again I couldn't be stuffed with the quotation marks.
I didn't capitalise M for manic, because if you look at his user name, he doesn't capitalise it.
The final sentence was what I was building up to, so I'm glad that was ok.

Cheers.

spent a lot of time off the ground late with what looked like a tight hammy. was worked on and checked by the docs and did a lot of run throughs before finally coming on taking that great mark. still looked proppy. shame for him because he added a spark and could have done something late. should be pleased with his effort for only 61% time on ground.

I actually did initially put quotation marks around "I" and "me".
I then deleted the post because I forgot to add manic's post. I then quoted the wrong post, which is why the "it" doesn't seem to refer to anything. Then when I wrote it again I couldn't be stuffed with the quotation marks.
I didn't capitalise M for manic, because if you look at his user name, he doesn't capitalise it.
The final sentence was what I was building up to, so I'm glad that was ok.

Cheers.
Not too bad for a Turk I guess.

Not too bad for a Turk I guess.
I should also point out that the point of the post was to bring attention to a person telling someone that they should "learn basic English" when that person was indeed correct and the person saying they should "learn basic English" was wrong.
I wasn't trying to be a gramma Nazi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back