Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Love him. Wasn't a massive fan of him burning Kelly though in the 3rd and trying to kick a goal from 55m
55? More like 65m he was near the center circle lol

was a bit of a Hail Mary but he was a few meters shy of putting it straight through the big ones would of been a massive goal.

Last edited:
He's exactly what we've been crying out for.
A small pressure forward who can take his chances.
What you want to have in your forward line to support the talls.
Even our smalls/mids have been more markign types (Billy, Wilbur) or too light for the tackling role (Thomas and C Brown)

Problem is he is being surrounded by midfielders who are not forwards at present - Rantall and Macrae today. Not sure what role they are supposed to be playing as they are neither strong, fast nor marking targets.
May as well be playing Wilbur up forward and Rantall on a wing. Or Henry who is a forward by trade.
I thought Macrae was good against the WCE in the middle. Out of position and ineffectual today.

Ruscoe is a half back flanker-come-utility, and probably depth in that position.

To take him over Riccardi because of perceived versatility is a massive blunder IMHO.

We may need to treat him as a depth player overall, or a tagger like we did with MacAffer. Of course Bucks doesn’t like tagging...
Hard to be a good tagger if you have a fear of physical contact.

Thought he was pretty good today. You can see the difference being a little more mature physically makes. Nailed a couple of goals and made his tackles count.

Another building block for us.

His contribution is essentially offsetting what we've lost with Stevo departing. Hopefully his possession numbers can grow. Looks to be roaming further afield as his confidence grows.

I’m liking what he brings, will be quite the player for us. And who doesn’t love a cheeky man bun.

Nah, he can lose the man bun.

Love him. Wasn't a massive fan of him burning Kelly though in the 3rd and trying to kick a goal from 55m

I like it when a player takes the responsibility. Prefer they kick the goal, and at a lesser level that likely would have been one. He'll learn from that.

Pls no, we’ve seen enough of him up there I’m glad his role finally got changed.
I hear you and his effort last week against Werribee didn't warrant a return to senior football.
But he does know how to play the position and can be a marking option. Neither Rantall or Macrae can be and offer nothing defensively in the forward line. Complete waste of time having them there.

I hear you and his effort last week against Werribee didn't warrant a return to senior football.
But he does know how to play the position and can be a marking option. Neither Rantall or Macrae can be and offer nothing defensively in the forward line. Complete waste of time having them there.
Agree with the sentiments but not the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind that. We have too many f*cking players trying to hit dinky little $hit kicks inside 50 and turning it over. Always been a fan of a kid who comes in and backs himself. Yeah maybe a bit more composure and he could have run to at least 50 and have a shot but I like that he just wants to kick goals. Screaming out for a forward like that since Didak.... who cares if they are hungry if they kick snags

55? More like 65m he was near the center circle lol

was a bit of a Hail Mary but he was a few meters shy of putting it straight through the big ones would of been a massive goal.

Agree ...

... but forgivable for a player only playing his 3rd or 4th game.

If he ran another 5m no one would be saying anything other then what a kick! As it looked clearly on target just fell short. Fair leg on him.

+ might have been a different result if it’d been in the first quarter.

Our last pick in the draft!
And at this stage our best pick atm, if he keeps working hard and dobs a couple he stays in no matter who comes back, if we are serious about rewarding form he should 1 of the 1st ones we pick.
Another thing that should be remembered is that he played against men last year and was afforded time to settle in which is what we have to remember about these other kids.

Beau looks like he could play all season without a break and by christ do we need him to.

Just does my head in, we as supporters can make these assessments yet our coaching team with almost 1000 senior games of experience as players, play 2 rookies as small forwards?? Would of been better served with giving both Rantall & MCRae plenty of midfield minutes, a baptism of fire on the biggest stage & play a totally ineffective Sidebottom forward instead...Just sayin......

Not sold on him yet, but I acknowledge he has had a good start.

Hasn't struck me as having great front-and-centre capability yet, and am not convinced on his goal-sneak skill (e.g. slotting from tight angles around the corner, both feet, etc). I look for both of these things in small forwards that would stick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back