Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just sat that not every forward has to be a manic pressure psycho, ginni applies just as much as does elliott. He needs to add a few more strings to his BEAU

I see that Ginni and Elliott apply pressure in different ways.

Ginni runs around a lot, chasing, jumping around. A bit like the way dogs chase cars. Often I think it’s more like perceived pressure, he doesn’t genuinely think we’ll catch them (and usually doesn’t have the speed to)

Elliott conserves his energy a bit more, he doesn’t go after players unless he can catch them. And Elliott isn’t blindingly quick, so usually his handiwork is in close.

Very smart piece of play when he took off down the Member's wing and, seeing nothing in front of him except Melbourne defenders, he handballed in front of himself and then ensured a stoppage rather than turning it over.

Last edited:

He made Steven May wish he was in the ring with Melksham again with that tackle

Very smart piece of play when he took off down the Member's wing and, seeing nothing in front of him except Melbourne defenders, he handballed in front of him and then ensured a stoppage rather than turning it over.
Yep. Had to get it out of bounds. Did well to do so without giving away a deliberate free.

Can I just sat that not every forward has to be a manic pressure psycho, ginni applies just as much as does elliott. He needs to add a few more strings to his BEAU
Yeah understand, but Elliott and McCreery go at defenders at 100 mph when not in possession Ginnivan and Johnson do these half chases and as our game is built on unbelievable pressure, I don’t like it.

Not asking anyone to be dropped but since Fly did drop Henry for that reason, it wouldn’t hurt seeing these guys do what Elliott and McCreery do more often.

Yeah understand, but Elliott and McCreery go at defenders at 100 mph when not in possession Ginnivan and Johnson do these half chases and as our game is built on unbelievable pressure, I don’t like it.

Not asking anyone to be dropped but since Fly did drop Henry for that reason, it wouldn’t hurt seeing these guys do what Elliott and McCreery do more often.

I see it the other way. I’d like mccreery to get more easy ball. He has explosive pace and will be far more valuable if he has the ball in his hands more often.

I see it the other way. I’d like mccreery to get more easy ball. He has explosive pace and will be far more valuable if he has the ball in his hands more often.
I reckon he still struggles to read patterns as well as others who find the footy with more ease. Hopefully that comes with more time in the system.

I read someone else even mention a run in the backline. That’d be a great learning curve for him, and he’d actually do a bloody good job as a lockdown defender. Has all the right attributes for it.

I reckon he still struggles to read patterns as well as others who find the footy with more ease. Hopefully that comes with more time in the system.

I read someone else even mention a run in the backline. That’d be a great learning curve for him, and he’d actually do a bloody good job as a lockdown defender. Has all the right attributes for it.
It would be far too much of a loss to play him down back.

Really?

You are expecting the match fitness and hardened body of experienced and hardened players of a kid in his first season?

Really??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On SEN today, Bucks was asked about playing McCreery in the guts. Bucks said, words along the lines of "McCreery has the physicality, but playing in the middle is a skill and he might not know how to set up defensively plus he didn't play any of his junior footy on ball, but that's not to say he couldn't be trained to do it in the future."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back