35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Someone will be a sub not get on field and never play again...will be a trivia question one day.

Also sounds odd but I feel if mcreery had of came on for mayne we win..

Buckley should of made this happen
How, pablo?! Invent an (reasonably serious) injury that didn't exist, and have the club doctor going along with that?

Related (somewhat) to the first part of your post, here's a couple of stories that some may find amusing/interesting!:
Andy Demetriou – not to be confused with Andrew – has an unwanted record | Herald Sun
1617347485431.png

VFL — Eulogies — Speakola
1617347637189.png

Jack Clancy (Australian footballer) - Wikipedia
1617347776840.png

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
How, pablo?! Invent an (reasonably serious) injury that didn't exist, and have the club doctor going along with that?

Related (somewhat) to the first part of your post, here's a couple of stories that some may find amusing/interesting!:
Andy Demetriou – not to be confused with Andrew – has an unwanted record | Herald Sun
View attachment 1092310

View attachment 1092313
View attachment 1092314

And apart from anything else Andy was a fantastic bloke! Big and hairy but fantastic all the same. Hope he's not still driving that old Holden Sunbird!

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 1092310

View attachment 1092313
View attachment 1092314
I'm not reading this ey

How awesome seeing treloar rip it up today

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should of Played Him and had Mayne as the Medical Sub.

Should be a Rule saying a Debut Player can't be a Medical Sub

Not sure why this bothers people so much.

While McCreery would no doubt be disappointed he didn’t get on the field I suspect he would have been happy to be selected to be the medical sub. Just one more step toward his ultimate goal and good to experience the full game day routine.

If the best person to be the sub is a newbie so be it. Club should pick best 22 plus best option for 23 whoever that be. No room for sentimentality on game day.

You could argue he should have been picked in 22 on merit, but that is a different issue.

Someone will be a sub not get on field and never play again...will be a trivia question one day.

Also sounds odd but I feel if mcreery had of came on for mayne we win..

Buckley should of made this happen
If you’re implying that the club should have faked a concussion to Mayne, then no. That’s just asking for a pasting in the media. Aside from that, the idea of relying on a debutant small forward to replace a 150+ game veteran and win us the game is ludicrous.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you’re implying that the club should have faked a concussion to Mayne, then no. That’s just asking for a pasting in the media. Aside from that, the idea of relying on a debutant small forward to replace a 150+ game veteran and win us the game is ludicrous.
I am and I think he tried

It’s not the 1980’s anymore. They fly parents out for this sort of stuff and everything now, the clubs have turned it in to a big deal over the past 20 years and now they’re ruining it. Imagine how Beau and his parents felt, being flown out for their sons debut only to have him sit on the bench all night. It’s sh*t, and what happened 30+ years ago in a different era has no relevance to it.
Yes I can imagine how they would have felt. I daresay they would have enjoyed it - it was an exciting game.

ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
This might be unpopular but I think there should be a rule where you can’t name a debutant as the medical sub, it’s just unnecessarily cruel.

I think the better solution would be that unless you are subbed on it does not count as a game. I'm sure Beau would have taken alot from the experience but its crazy that it is classed as a game. Its like being the 12th man and you don't get a cap for being 12th man.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
I think the better solution would be that unless you are subbed on it does not count as a game. I'm sure Beau would have taken alot from the experience but its crazy that it is classed as a game. Its like being the 12th man and you don't get a cap for being 12th man.

Very good point, I think it makes to much sense for the AFL t important though.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
This might be unpopular but I think there should be a rule where you can’t name a debutant as the medical sub, it’s just unnecessarily cruel.

i dunno, you could argue that malnutrition is worse... child trafficking too....maybe not as cruel as being medical sub

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
i dunno, you could argue that malnutrition is worse... child trafficking too....maybe not as cruel as being medical sub

Well obviously, perhaps I should’ve been a bit more specific that I was referring to football. At least I know for next time.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Found taylor adams jumper presentation quite amusing and awkward...

Beau has not played any VFL or senior practice matches so not much to go on for Taylor (apart from training and scratch matches)

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Should of Played Him and had Mayne as the Medical Sub.

Should be a Rule saying a Debut Player can't be a Medical Sub
Should be a rule where there is no medical sub

Back